N.S. Inspections

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by 4G63, Sep 13, 2003.

1. 4G63

4G63
    [OP]
    Got Boost ?

does anyone have info on the ins and outs of a car inspection when the airbags were blown ?
    normal inspection or does something differnt have to be done.

in breif, A car was bought that was in a wreck, the car was fixed but the airbags were not replaced, car is near perfect, wouldnt be able to tell it was even in a wreck untill you see the crease in the steering wheel from the bag deploying.

so...... is this car inspectable ?

2. GT-Four

Nope. Any vehicle equipped with airbags from the factory must have them in working order at all times.

3. drose

seal up the steering wheel and away you go. I know three or four ppl with smashed cars ( myself included )... never had a stitch of problem getting by inspection.... and yes, all our cars came with bags

4. HotWheelz

rocky balboa...

maybe in NS it's different but there is no law or retrictions to airbags in NB. nor can they force you to have them enabled. that's why trucks have the option to disable them via the turn of a key on the dash (think about it)

maybe Ns laws are different. but i doubt it.

5. GT-Four

You guys are allowed to have rebuilt ones too. We can't. The laws are different.

Like I said, any vehicle that came so equipped has to have them working. Yes, some trucks etc you can turn off the passenger one, but it is expected that it still works if re-enabled.

Anyhow, if you can seal up a blown bag so that it doesn't look like it went off and get rid of the indicator light then it would most likly pass as they wouldn't know and never usually plug a computer into check anyhow. Thats probably how other buddies friends cars passed.

6. 4G63

4G63
    [OP]
    Got Boost ?

Word I got was you can get an inspection that would classify the car as a "recontructed" vehicle.

Now this is only hear say, Im planning to call the DMV to gather up some info on it..