My recent project. . . . slow waiting process. . .

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by asmd, Aug 13, 2004.

1. asmd

asmd
    [OP]

Since I can't get my car all done before the summer is over, and I don't wanna fork out the money for paint right now (god, its awesome being a student and knowing you'll get a whack of cash back come income tax time), I've decided to tear into my motor and do a few little things to it. I'm not doing anything overly amazing, sure there are people round here that have more done, but on a budget (20 bucks for the spare motor that will be donating some major parts) I hope to chuck together something half decent.

Here's my bottom end of the B16, just pistons, connecting rods, crank, couple sensors, and caps left. . . . gotta nab a few sensors, the pistons, then I'll have a rotating assembly minus pistons up for grabs if anyone's interested! :wink:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the top end of my motor disassembled. . . first time taking one of these FULLY apart, I could not belive that amount of pieces that were in the top end!
    [​IMG]

Hard to make out, but, oil pan, windage tray, oil pump, rear end cap, and pickup from my B16.
    [​IMG]

And finally, something I won't touch (I'll leave this to my father who has 30 years experience doing this) this is my number combustion chamber as it is right now before any work gets done to it.
    [​IMG]

I'll keep ya guys posted with some more work I get done while it happens.

2. Stallion

good luck with it, gotta love the dohc engines.