My new Dell kicks ass

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Mitch, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Mitch

Mitch
    [OP]

Yea, So I got a new Dell a few weeka go, and it kicks ass :rockon: :bigthumb:

2. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

so..... when did you come out of the closet?

3. Mitch

Mitch
    [OP]

what are you talking about :shrug:

4. billybob

I dunno..... :confused:

5. Mitch

Mitch
    [OP]

well your :gay:

6. Teknic

Anyone who buys a Dell either doesn't care how cheap their computer is, doesn't know a thing about upgrading, or is someone who just ditched a Mac ;)

Dell's may be cheap, and fast, but they are so proprietary it's not even funny! Some of them need their own brand of RAM to run, instead of the normal stuff clones run on.

Gimme a clone, because Dell's do not own. Making my own PC is the only way to live. :D

7. melrhombus

I remember my first non-clone computer.
    It was from compaq.....The damn thing was good but they had cut pieces out of the motherboard to make it fit...well I doubt that but you get the idea. Upgrading wasn't happening.....even if I went through them

8. billybob

Just for that, I'm tearin a strip off yer sister.

9. Lowvez

Building your own computer is the only way to go...The Dell you just bought probably has slow memory, slow hard drive, Low Grade Video Card...etc...etc...you need to build your own that way you know what you are getting and chances are if you are building your own you aren't going to buy the cheap stuff...and if you are building your own and you are buying the cheap stuff, save some time and buy a Dell :)

10. AcidGord

I probably would never buy a Dell myself but they're good machines for someone who doesn't want to build their own. The cases of the new Dimensions are MUCH better than the old proprietary things. You can throw 5 drives and 4 expansion cards in it no problem at all. And when you order them now you can specify exactly what kind of RAM, video card, etc you want in them so they're not like the grey boxes you used to get.

The other great thing about it is its INCREDIBLY silent. You literally can't tell its on even when you're sitting right next to it. And it doesn't run hot or slow because of it.

Their warranty support is much better for businesses than consumers I've heard though. Whenever I have a problem with my Dell laptop they show up the next day and fix it right at my desk. For the home user you have to deal with depots and 2-3 day turnaround times which sucks.

11. Shafft

RC-OG

clones > *