Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by MK, Jan 13, 2005.
that is a hellish vdub..whats the info on er
Short mod list:
Engine - 2.0l 16v Swap from a Jetta GTX in Jan of 04
- Just had dual 45mm side draft weber carbs installed before it was put up for the winter.
- Suspersprint full exhaust
- Painted Porsche Alpine white in Jan of 04 ($4000 job, done by porsche dealer)
- Euro spec single rounds
- Shaved side markers
- Jom M3 style tails
- Bigbumper conversion with g60 fender arcs
- Sure 16" 6 spoke wheels with Kuhmo tires (%65 tred life left)
- Sparco streetfighter steering wheel
- Sparco streetfighter seats x 2 with 4 pt harness
- Updated shift knob
- Ice was relocated from dash to center console
- Autometer guages (Air/fuel, Oil temp, water temp)
- Updated door cards
- All poly urithein(wow bad spelling) bushings through out the car.
- Bilstien PSS9 Coilover suspension set up
When this car was rebuilt it was taken down the the bare shell and painted. Every fender, door and the hatch and hood wheel arc door trim EVERYTHING was ordered from VW through the dealer new or re fabd. Except for the grille set up. All new windows, sunroof. The car has a short shifter. And there is a shitload of spare parts for the weber carbs. The interior is gutted so its a two seater. If this car doesnt sell, I am throwing sway bars on it and a roll cage and putting it in a garage and forgetting about it. I am into this car for well over $10 000. Not one spot of rust on this car, except for a hole in the floor, it was a drain and at some point and over the 18 years the rubber insert must have fell out and it rusted, but not bad. It will be fixed before the sale. Other then that the car is almost mint.
bump for the sexiest a2/mkII, (whatever it is you vw guys call it) around.. Alot of work has been put into this car and the next owner better show as much respect to it as ryan has!!
good luck bro, see you when you get back in July!