Mom's wanting grandchildren

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by pohead, Feb 25, 2009.

1. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

Ok..I have had it..i wanna freak out.

I have been getting hit with "Why don't you and Anthony have a baby" for a freaking year now...it's comming from all sides..my mother, my aunt, his mother..his grandmother, his aunt and his father...

the only one nut driving me up the freaking wall is my dad..he says it's my decision to have a baby and no one elses...

If I hear.."I want a grandbaby" one more time..I am going on a killing spree :pissed:

Anyone else hear deal with this? How did you get it through your family's thick skulls that yuo don't want to have a baby?

2. dpwu32

Trash elf

Tell them you've been trying but can't conceive. Tell them the doctor ran some tests, and your baby maker is broken.

It's way easier then trying to tell people you're waiting, or don't want kids.

3. Sublime

Mmm limey

I've been fielding this question since the moment my husband and I said "I do" :(
    We aren't planning on having children. So many people tell us we'll change our minds and - fair enough - anything is possible but there are no plans for a family that includes children. I am 28 and my husband is 30... we've had serious discussions about having babies and its not something either of us wants, at least for the foreseeable future. After being confronted by my godfather and parents at supper a few weeks ago, I looked them each in the eye and said that the occuapancy of my uterus was not up for discussion.

People I hardly know... I tell them I'm barren. I figure if they are going to be so bold as to ask, I'll give a cheeky answer.

As for parents, I wish I had a good answer. My mom is awesome and supports our decision but my dad & stepmom still hold out hope and hint about babies regualrly. My father and I had a talk about my husband & I not wanting children. He told me point-blank he was disappointed in me. Awesome. My mother in law has baby fever in a big way and luckily my sister in law is 6 months pregnant right now so the heat is off me!

Stick to your guns and tell those who ask to frig off.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  4. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

lol..awesome. I am happy to see I am not the only 28 yr old fighting this battle :)

the only reason why it's so bad right now is because my younger half sister had a baby in the summer..so my mother and mother-in-law are super jealous because my dad has a grand child and they don't...what a stupid reason to try and pressure me into having a baby eh :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  5. Pinkette

Say something retarded every time they ask. Eventually they will stop asking.

"Oh but I think having a baby right now will interrupt my heroin addiction"
    "Oh great idea, then Anthony will have someone new to tattoo, oh of course we will at least wait until the baby is six months old"
    "I was thinking before I have another baby I should buy the first one back from circus"
    "Yeah the cats are getting bored playing with each other, maybe a baby would be good for them to fight with"
    "Great and when it starts to crawl I can crochet it little straight jackets, its not illegal to tie your kids up yet is it?"

6. Sublime

Mmm limey

Stupid, yes. Do I know what you're talking about with the pressure? Sadly, yes to that too.

Some of the people who ask are just making inane conversation and don't realize its a sore topic but then there is family and they seem to play by their own set of rules.

I feel bad for people who are trying and can't have children. When thoughtless people say "how come there are no babies yet?!" to my friends who have been trying for 5 years and the wife ends up miserable sad, it makes me wish more people used tact.

7. Bean

Breasts

I'm not even married and I get that all the time from my fiances side of the family. The only one that mentions it on my side is my dad and my grandfather..my mom doesn't really want us to have kids yet, she thinks we're too young. :rofl:

8. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

How about "We'll bring a baby into this world when we feel we can look after it and raise it as best we can, right now we are not yet there, but I assure you, when I am pregnant I will let you know. Can we please stop discussing this as it makes me feel uncomfortable."

Then if they continue you just repeat " AGAIN, this makes me feel uncomfortable and I am not going to continue feeling this way. If you feel the need to continue raising this issue, I will remove myself from the situation."

9. Scott

rawr

This is to get you ready so when you have one, you wont be so overwhelmed by the the "when are you gonna have another" questions.

Oh and Callipygian outta no where!

10. *Jani*

Blinky

Seriously, I thought Beth didn't like us anymore :happysad:

11. CyberCX

GIGGITY, GIGGITY, GIGGITY

My mom drops hints all the time, but my dad doesn't say anything. It doesn't bother me. It will happen when and if it happens.

12. Leroy

@danackles29

You can borrow ours when you go visit them, pretend their yours, assuming you're not black, or asian or something.

13. SheOfManyChildren

It happens no matter what. I constantly got the "Oh my....FOUR??"

14. Sublime

Mmm limey

I lurk all the time but very rarely post. Also, I can rarely get online at work so I'm only ever on in the evenings.
    I am always showing off the pics of Rosco and think about how small puppy-spencer was next to him and the other Bullies.

15. Scott

rawr

We need spencer pics asap!!!

16. Sublime

Mmm limey

Off to post them in the pet section so as not to hijack this thread!

17. Scott

rawr

18. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

You tell your sons you want four grandkids from each of them??

19. SheOfManyChildren

I was referring to the fact that people feel the need to comment on peoples' family size. Whether it includes no children or lots.

20. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

So why do you keep telling your kids they have to have 4 kids each so you can have 40 grandkids?

:kekeke:

21. TLC

TLC

People are just rude. Simple.
    I am not with my son's father. He was clearly not ready to be a father... we'll leave it at that. Leaving him and cutting him out of my son's life was a VERY good choice, believe me.
    I am with an amazing man, my best friend, and a man who has taken the role of father.
    My son likely won't call him "Dad" because it's not what we refer to him as, and it's not what he knows him by.
    You would be shocked at how often we get the "Is he going to call him Dad?" question, and people almost pressuring us into it. One woman even said "oh... it would just be nice if he could call someone 'Dad'". It makes ME feel like shit, it makes me feel confused, and it frustrates me.
    Maybe someday he'll call him Dad, maybe someday he won't :shrug: He has an amazing father figure in his life. He loves him, and looks up to him. He IS his "Dad", but what does it matter if he calls him "Kevin"?
    Arg.

22. MikeM

Just tell them if they don't stop hassling you, you are going to pull a "Nadya Souleman" on them....

23. spnx

I love you.

24. Pinkette

Why thank you :kekeke:

25. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

OMG Teela, you just made me laugh so hard I have coffee comming out of my nose..the last one is freaking awesome..I am so using that one on my mom :rofl4:

oh..and Anthony also loved these.

ps..I love you too.....I am so glad I got u hooked up with gabe..you rock :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  26. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

That a great post :)

27. Jentay

I was getting hounded by my mother-in-law yesterday, she wants me to have triplets.... I told her "no fucking chance, and if I do end up with triplets you are getting two of em" :lol:

28. Shellie

Team Suzuki

Did that shut her up? :lol:

And have you gotten used to saying mother-in-law yet?? :)

29. Jentay

haha, no she has been bugging me for like two years about having triplets :lol: she said it could be worse, she could want me to have eight. I was like WTF? Who wishes that haha.

Ya, she's called me her mother in law for a while and Steves called me his wife for a long time, my biggest adjustment is the name bit :)

30. Shellie

Team Suzuki

:eek3: Good god!

She should go to the states and be a surrogate grandmother to the 8 babies that woman just had :lol:

31. midden

I LIKE TO EAT MITTENS

the second i told my mom i was engaged she asked if me and robert have talked about having babies.....which of course im not decided yet either. i enjoy my dog lol. he is like a child. i take him with me, he cries, i clean up after him. who needs kids. roberts enough kid for me.

32. Jentay

well I was telling her I was lonely because steve is out of town, so she said Im sure I could take a few of that mothers kids off of her hands and have them live here. ummmm no thanks :lol:

33. Shellie

Team Suzuki

She is persistent :lol:

34. Crandall

I'm pretty sure my mother wants a grand child at some point, but with my family that's just a pipe dream.

35. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

I am stoked...I was approved for a tubal, and I am getting it in a month!!!!!!
    So after March 24th, I can tell my family to piss off :1teela: