mmmmmmm magnum

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Brodus, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Brodus

Brodus
    [OP]
    In Sutter We Trust

saw this on on of those car transpoters from my work. once i got off went and got pics.. to bad it ain't an r/t

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ty

Ty
    Freddy Beach Bad Boy

One of the few new Chrysler vehicles that I'm not really feelin'...kinda reminds me of those old AMC station wagons...the jacked up 4x4 lookin ones :D

Tyler

3. ryzorz

the rims look ugly as ass

4. vero

you can put anything you want under the hood, it's still a station wagon :rolleyes: rather a Chrysler 300

looks like an illegitimate lovechild of a Dodge Ram and an old station wagon :P

5. rice

:pissed: I am not a huge fan of the front end, but that is one badass stationwagon. In my opinion one of the few true sleepers that has been made in the last few years. A little bit of money into the motor and I am sure the thing would fly.

6. ryzorz

then fall apart and blow up cause its a dodge

7. rice

Not all dodges are junk.... generally I would keep away there 4 or 6 cyl. cars. However when it comes to there v8(and v10) cars they seem to be pretty good. Also the ram trucks are definitly worth a look especially the cummins turbo diesel.

8. ryzorz

my parents had the dodge caravan a while ago (bought it brand new) and it was the biggest pile of shit ive ever seen in my life. Every month it would have to be taken to the shop to get fixed, even the fucking rear suspension just fell off one day i was like WTF they didnt even properly install the suspension how shitty is that, but it was alright cause it was all under warranty. stupid though they caused the problems and fixed them, why not just make a good car and skip all the bs

9. Brodus

Brodus
    [OP]
    In Sutter We Trust

just wait till billy mack heres about you disin dodges... his srt4 could kick yours cars ass over and over and over

10. Eisenflower

Weaksauce, that doesn't even have the Hemi in it.

11. asmd

tell ya what. . . there's a book out there, its a great read.

Its called "Rivethead: Tales from then Aseembly Line" pick up that book and read it. . . front to back, and I guarantee you you'll think twice bout EVER getting into another car!!! Never buy a car made on a friday or a monday (wonder what day of the week your folk's van was made on).

And as for the salmming of the dodges, what is it that you like?

12. John Doe

And thus the beauty... power AND utility! It's everything the SUVs have promised us.. sport and utility!

13. Sangster

It's a good car because it has a hemi :lol:

I just hate wagons in general, but this would be the only one I like.

I'd definetly take the 300c over that though

14. billy mack

I'd say you would take the magnum over you HUFFY little boy..
    Why talk shit when you have no idea what your saying...

p.s no need to reply, cause I dont need to hear more jabber.

15. John Doe

I had a Dodge, it fell apart like the pile of shit that it was. My mom had several Dodges when i was growing up, all of them had *major* problems and she drives less than 6000 miles per year and keeps cars less than 3 years... so we're talking new engines, transmissions, etc... within 18K miles.. on every single one.

I'd not buy a Dodge, and that's no jabber... that's reality.

16. billy mack

but you'd also do me up the bum too, so who are you to give opinons?

i thought you'd like a ram... grrrrrrrrrrrrr sexy fag grrrrrrrr

17. John Doe

I'd not do you, not in your happiest dream. I do have standards, and they don't include trolls such as yourself.

18. frankster

coffee, the dark blood

A Hemi would be a must. Add on a few nice touches and that could be one slightly evil lookin ride. I love em, don't want one but see potential to be a good lookin sleeper.

19. billy mack

if i put only the head in, you wont bleed?

20. John Doe

If you tried to put anything anywhere near me you'd walk away without it if you could still walk at all. :)

21. TheDirtyFresh

In my eyes dodge > domestics. I can't stand any of the chev,pontiac.ford. crap.. I like the 300 and the Magnum is pretty cool for a wagon. I'd still never buy any of the above but that's just a matter of taste :)

22. Lex Lucas

feels good.

Thats because they are hub caps.

I think it looks disgusting. Reminds me of a hearse.

23. Sangster

:rolleyes: Was it a K-Car?

We've has our intrepid sine 1998, and it's a '96 model...It still runs perfectly, never had an engine problem, or transmission...We've had the rotors replaced once I think, but there were no major problems with it

24. John Doe

:rolleyes: Nope, no K-cars. I felt I had to add the smiley since you felt the need to roll your eyes at my real-life experiences.

Also my mother has since moved from Dodges to Jeeps (who, mind you, are also made by Chrysler). Her first one I bought her didn't get driven for approximately 3 months (she had surgery and couldn't drive it) so a BRAND-NEW Jeep Grand Cherokee sat in her garage (not in the sun, in the closed garage) for 3 months. When she went to drive it for the first time (she'd not even ridden in it) all of the door panels had come unglued and decided they were better off lying in the seats than holding onto the doors. The car still had less than 50 miles at that point. Her next Jeep blew out the transmission within 1600 miles, and she never even used 4wd a single time. The 3rd one had so many electrical problems that we questioned whether it was made in Britain. Her current and final Jeep (she has finally sworn them off) has less than 1K miles (It's an 04, bought new almost exactly 1 year ago) and the service record of that vehicle is so ridiculous that the dealer actually calls HER to see if there are any problems.

Every single one of them has lost piles of money in residuals because NO chrysler product holds it's value for shit. the first Jeep GC was sold with 16K miles and she only got 12K for it. Subscequent Jeeps performed as poorly in residual performance as well due to the fact that they are simply not up to the quality standards. My dad typically bought Fords, and his Explorers and Expeditions (don't ask me why they both need 4x4 SUVs...) both held up better as far as reliability and residual value. He now buys Toyotas (4Runner Ltd, the new bodystyle is kinda ugly imo but he likes it).

She is currently looking into buying a VW Touraeg, even after my horror stories with my GTi. She says even my GTi was more reliable than any of her Chrysler piles of trash. It's true, and my GTi broke the day I bought it (brand-new, no miles, special-order that I waited 3 months for).

Every single car my family has ever owned has been taken care of better than most people treat thier own children, full synthetic oil changes every 2500 miles, transmission fluid changes every 10K, diff fluids and radiator flushes at the same time, all maintenence done BEFORE schedule every time, always... so you can roll your eyes all you want, you must have gotten one of the very very very few Dodges that they actually built right. It's no matter, the materials are still low-quality (interior, panel gaps, cheap plastic) and I'd not have one in my garage.

25. Sangster

Well my dad has been buying chrsler/dodge all his life pretty much...He's had 3 caravans, and the intrepid...I admit the first caravan he had, which was an 89 was a peice of shit..Had 2 transmissions I think, and I don't know the rest of the problems with it because I was so young...He still drove it over 200,000 miles...Then he had a 94 caravan, which also had a bad transiossion, but still got it over $200,000 miles...None of these broke down right away...maybe it was just the jeeps that they made like shit, because there were no problems with the 2 caravans until at least 120,000 kms...now the one we have now is fine, it's a 2000 with 130,000 kms on it, and it's still running fine, and we haven't had any problems with it

Chrysler has always had transmission troubles..They are shit ...why not just make a good fucking transmission for once...I can't see how your 4 Jeeps acted that way...I mean after the second one, I'd have never bought one again...but doors falling apart? Shit, that's odd...must be a family curse :lol:

26. John Doe

More like a Chrysler curse... my dad's Toyota doesn't have any of these problems, neither does my brother's Chevrolet truck, my Acura Integra or my BMW.

27. tunedforester

bring a towel

I guess buying a Chrysler is like playing Russian Roullette.

28. John Doe

A really stupid and expensive game of it... why bother trying to shoot yourself when you can have something that's actually good and reliable?!

29. billy mack

what are you talking about?

30. John Doe

Read the whole thread, it's self-explanatory.

31. billy mack

^^^^ who are you?

32. wreak

:puke: :puke:
    No big wheels and no hemi make magnum a dumb wagon.
    Just my personal opinion cause I'm sure theirs fans out there.