1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitubishi Lancer - Official Pics

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by PitBull, Dec 11, 2006.

1. PitBull

PitBull
    [OP]
    We want YOU! Join RC.

I see a Mazda 6 when I look at it... Not too bad though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Mitch

i see mazda 6 with a little volvo inbreed

3. PitBull

PitBull
    [OP]
    We want YOU! Join RC.

Faithful to the previously released sketch, Lancer will bring the dynamic lines of the show-stopping Mitsubishi Concept-X and Concept-Sportback to the showroom. Both unveiled in 2005, they hinted not only at the next generation Mitsubishi compact sports sedans, but also at the next evolution of its design language.

This is readily apparent in Lancer’s front face. Whilst concepts (CZ2, Tarmac Spyder, Pajero* Evolution, etc,…) or production cars (Colt, current Lancer, Grandis, new Outlander etc,…) have clearly established the triangle-shaped 3-Diamond logo as the focal point, the recent US-only Eclipse and Raider brought a first evolution with a larger inverted gaping grille inspired by jet fighters´ air intake. Split into two separate elements (chrome-ringed for the upper part) this Lancer sports sedan grille goes one step further, staging Mitsubishi’s logo at the centre of a new and very iconic front face, highlighted by Concept-X and Concept-Sportback’s trademark shark nose and deep set “eyes”.

The new Lancer sports sedan uses a larger body than the current model, with an overall length of 4570 mm (35 mm longer), overall width of 1760 mm (65 mm wider), overall height of 1490 mm (60 mm taller) and wheelbase of 2635 mm (35 mm longer) is based on MMC’s “Project Global” platform, a new flexible architecture that also forms the foundation of the new Outlander.

With its sharp handling and 35 year Lancer sporting credentials, it will be in Europe a new alternative for customers of desirable, heritage-proud, non-mainstream brands in the C-segment: not premium, but different and legitimate.

To be launched in Europe from the fourth quarter of 2007, the Lancer sports sedan family will progressively expand to offer a complete line-up. Split into 4 powertrain levels (entry, mid-range, upper-range and supercar), it will propose 5 different engines, including the VAG-supplied 140 ps – 2.0 l Common Rail Diesel already fitted to Grandis Di-D and Outlander Di-D.

For the North American market, the powertrain mates a new high output (152 hp) low emission 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC engine to a 6-speed SportronicR CVT transmission. This is the first Mitsubishi vehicle destined for the North American market to offer a CVT. Some trim levels are offered with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters that allow the driver to shift gears manually without taking his hand off the wheel. Delivering outstanding economy and environmental performance, the driveline is complemented by an equipment and appointments specification that elevates driving enjoyment to a new level in a total package that satisfies all the requirements for a next-generation sport sedan.

4. Scott

rawr

Seems like it lost some of what I liked in the concept.

5. One_Trick_Pony

former RC member.

nah..... I'm not feeling it. then again i really havent like any of the lancers. very bland.

6. humberto

Hey little buddy

I was going to say the same thing

7. TheDirtyFresh

maybe it's just the pics but, to me the stance looks a little off, or something I can't quite put my finger on it, but I dunno I dont' hate it but I don't instantly love it

8. Mr.X

Sign by the X

exactly, my first thought was mazda 6

9. LMAC

_

i see charger too

10. rawag77

Yes I am