Miramichi Dragway Sport Compact Weekend

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by jdmh22accord, Jul 15, 2004.

1. jdmh22accord

Sorry short notice, but i've been retarded busy lately.

This weekend, July 17-18 miramichi dragway is holding its first Sport Compact race of the year. Saturday there is open time trials and possibly a gamblers race in the afternoon, and sunday its time trials in the morning and eliminations start around 1pm.
    Last year there was a good turnout, but this year we need a bigger crowd, whether you come to race or just to watch, we need more support for these weekends, because if its not successful, we may not get one next year. Normally at the dragway during a full points meet, you might get 5 or 6 passes all weekend because of the classes and numbers of cars, but the compact weekend there is fewer cars and much, much more runs to be had, last year i made over 50 passes in two days, so if you want to tune, this is a good time.

I know the Xtrememotorsports Fun Run is this weekend, but it is only on sunday, so if you are travelling to NB for the show, come up saturday for the races as well, Miramichi is only an hour past shediac.

Weekend Admission is $40 for whole weekend, plenty of camping space, race fuel is on hand, and if you need nitrous, its only $70 for a 10lb tank in moncton.

Any questions can be answered by me by pm or can reach me at
    (506)860-6014 Ben
    Track Website ........www.miramichidragway.com

2. Chris

Sandbar..anywhere better?

I unfortunatly won't be able to make this weekend Ben....(money saved for Ottawa the following week)....comon guys and girls....lets support our local tracks that are giving us these oppurtunities to race against our own friends and have lots of fun doing it.

Good luck this weekend Ben...and take it easy on the axles, hope to see you on the Island in a few weeks.

3. jdmh22accord

Well this past weekend miramichi held its Sport Compact Weekend that it holds each year for the past few years since it started.

Now i know that i did not advertise this event to the best i could, and i am sorry for not doing so because of what happened. I'm not sure how much it costs to run a track for a weekend, and im sure its a lot, but 25-30 cars is not going to cut it, i spoke to the owner, and because of the poor turnout, he can't run one next year if its going to be like that.
    Myself and my wife sat down with the owner and staff at the track and tried to find a solution to a problem of no cars at a weekend just for us.
    I am taking on an awful responsibility of organizing an event for next year, possibly a one day event for a show/shine and drag event.
    Miramichi has over 100 acres of land, and a lot of open grass to hold a large car show within a drag race event, so i want to use this to our advantage. I have been speaking to businesses already who want to pitch in for some prizes and giveaways for just such an event.

I want to spark some interest and ideas from anyone, because i do not want to lose this weekend, i ran all weekend and got some real time practice with the car, which i have needed since i put my swap in, but also the sport compact weekend is the only time we can have some fun and beat the shit out of our cars, without waiting in-between the Pro and Super pro cars to run, which can take hours at a normal ADRA meet.

I know this is a long way off, but we do have another chance this year to redeem the scene. Sept 11-12, miramichi dragway is holding the Street Car Nationals and Sport Compact Nationals, which again, is a race weekend where you can get a ton of runs in and tune if needed, and see retarded 7 and 8 second street legal cars run down the track.

Sept 11-12 i want everyone who can, and who knows someone who can to come out and race or watch the races, we need some support for our local tracks and the compact scene in the maritimes, we've already lost enough tracks and facilitys around.

Anyone with any imput, please post or pm me with ideas or suggestions, i will be in contact with the track on a regular basis.
    Also anyone who would like to help organize a sport compact show and shine for the Sept 11-12 weekend at the track can also get in contact with me via pms or email, (drgracin@nb.sympatico.ca) i have a few people already, but i have never done this before so i may need some guidance.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for viewing, and i hope we can have a better turn out next time, and to all who came out and travelled from NS and PEI, glad you came and hope to see you next time

4. Scott

rawr

Any pics? Heard there was a few quick cars..

5. TheDirtyFresh

dude that's al ot of words. I'm not even going to pretend I read it.