Microsoft Access help!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Foster, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Foster

Foster
    [OP]
    Toolboard

Alright this may seem easy but I cant figure it out for the life of me....

I have like 800 entries into data base....I need to create a form so that a client can enter a Start date and a End date and bring a report or list of all of the entries between those dates....Someone HELP ME

2. Dural

Insert something witty

Still need help, PM me.

3. SilverMan

The Spud

create a new form, on the form in design view, Insert -> ActiveX control -> Calendar Control.

Now create come buttons for starting date and ending date, and add those button controls to the query that generates the report.

4. Foster

Foster
    [OP]
    Toolboard

Alright I got it to work...finally like minutes before my meeting I had with management...

My next question is this....

I have a form so I can add new entries to the table...and all I really did was use the wizard to make the form and I put all the fields that were in the table into it. Then I added a button that adds new entry to the form but my problem is this...

I can add a record...but only one..and if I close it down and save everything and open it back up...and add another record it replaces the one I added the first time...

I need a form that the "user" can use to add multiple entries into the table....all the help anyone can give will be AWESOME

5. Dural

Insert something witty

See my message above. This is something that I would have to see to help with, it's been a while since I've done forms in Access.

6. scrotomus

go to edit mode on the form, then in the tool box click the command button ( a small grey rectangle) then draw this on your form (i.e. drag into a rectangle shape.
    The Command Button Wizard should appear and give you a choice of what actions to perform (or you can do custom ones... but I dont think you're there yet)
    Choose:
    Record Operations > Save Record > Click Next (choose a pic if you want) give it a name and click finish

You will also want to make one:
    Record Operations > Add New Record > Click Next

So on the form, you should have 2 new buttons, 'Add New' and 'Save'

Anyway this info is probably too late for your managers meeting...