Mazda3

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by slouse, Nov 29, 2003.

1. slouse

slouse
    [OP]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ~La~Aruca~

try to lick ur elbow

looks cool, and i luv the color, but i didnt read all that crap on the car......

3. m@

m@

i like it

4. Hornblower

I'd floss it

5. Ed

Ed

that car is pimp

6. slouse

slouse
    [OP]

The optional engine (standard in the 5-door) is the same 2.3 litre DOHC four found in the larger and heavier Mazda6 and the B2300 truck. With 160 horsepower and 150 lb. ft. of torque it endows the Mazda3 with a serious and welcome dose of steroids, clearly evident at all speeds.

A Sporty Appearance Package (SAP) will be available on both sedan and 5-door bringing a unique body-colored grill, side skirts, different bumpers incorporating fog lamps, a front air dam and a unique trunklid or hatch with spoiler. It also means an interior upgrade, bigger (17-inch) wheels and tires, unique suspension tuning and bigger brakes.

7. AcidGord

Best of all its the same price as a Civic Si.

Honda has some catching up to do.

8. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Nice ride

9. Civic h/b

I agree, the best civic ever made (in our market) was the 2000 Sir, ever since then they have gone downhill in my opinion. Mazda has improved greatly over the past few years.

10. ChristopherClarke

I'm half thinking i might have to change my diehardness for honda and go to Mazda,

11. Redshift

The Mazda3 is growing on me a lot.... looks like a great car, and you can't beat the price. (As I recall it's cheaper then a Civic with all the toys on it.)
    Mazda has really turned things around.. the Mazda3 and the Mazda6 are both some of the better cars in their class...

I'm kinda bitter about that one in the picture though... same Blue my Mazda is.. dammit, why can't these manufacturers leave their exclusive colours exclusive?

12. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

not to mention the steering wheel is that same too!

13. Eisenflower

Not feelin it. Too minivan-ish for me. :bigthumb:

14. Redshift

We aren't getting the 5-door in NA for now as I recall. The 4-doors that are on the lots now actually look pretty slick, for what they are...

15. AcidGord

Mazda.ca has the wagon listed. Dunno if thats what you mean by '5 door' or not.

In the US the top end 3's have a HID option too. Definitely a new low price point for that. Not in Canada though. (Same with the STi I found out, which I was unaware of)

16. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

That cra is sexy!! Yum!

17. Redshift

Yeah, the wagon is what I meant by 5-door (reading too many British car mags lately.)
    I hadn't checked in a while, but I knew early on they were unsure if they were bringing it over or not. Good to see they are. The Protege 5 was a popular car for them, so I was kinda surprised when they were looking at not replacing it.

18. Shafft

RC-OG

saw one on the car carrier on the way to PEI on thursday.. they look like a mini rx8

19. Redshift

They've got sedans on the lot at Steele Mazda in Dartmouth.
    Like a lot of other Mazda's I find they look a lot better in person then they do in pictures.

20. Eisenflower

My heart still goes out to the Mazdaspeed Protege in Graphite! :wackit:

21. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

awwwwwwwwww

steve hearts the Protege5

here's a :wackit: pic for ya

[​IMG]

22. slouse

slouse
    [OP]

I wish Mazda would get some more of the recognition it deserves for putting out some great vehicles. Honda has a lot of catching up to do, in more than one class, but for some reason still sells a lot more units. The new Civic marketing plan isn't hurting things either, the marketing people at Honda really hit a home run with the whole civic nation thing.

23. Eisenflower

That's an awfully :gay: park that honda hit that home run out of if you ask me. I think Mazda just has to keep producing the right cars for the right markets like they have been doing now for the past few years, offer some descent finance rates that will compliment the pricing that some of their cars are selling for now and they will start to swing around i'm sure. If they were to bring back their 4 year 80K warranty again that would sure as hell win some consumers over.

24. slouse

slouse
    [OP]

I agree, it IS pretty gay, personally, I hate it, but have they ever been selling so many Civics? Clearly the public is eating it up.

25. bluenosersx

looks too matrix like

not my cup of tea.

26. Eisenflower

The Civic and Accord has been one of the top 10 best selling cars in Canada for many years now. It's nothing new to Honda, they have a solid product that has won many of their customers over since the early 90's, thus repeat business is what Honda has alot of currently. Why did my father purchase another Accord? He owned the first one, never had ONE problem with the car, when he had any problems with the dealer they looked after him thus he bought another. A good first impression that their product has made on their customers has alot to do with honda's current sale #'s

27. Redshift

Damn damn damn damn damn.... I had just about forgotten about my "Automotive Plan B" and then you had to go an post the Titanium MSP..... I shoulda bought the damn thing...

28. Pottie

that thing is dope

29. Eisenflower

TOLD YA SO! :finger: :finger: :finger:

30. Civic h/b

Do you guys think that the 7th gen civics are as good as the 6th (or previous)? I certainly don't. I still think that Hondas gone down since 2000.

31. Redshift

Yeah-yeah... but everybody else told me to keep the thing...
    .. and I shouldn't say it like that, I LOVE my car.... but that doesn't mean I don't have occaisonal regrets and thoughts to "what if" I'd gone the other route.
    N/M about that example.... :)

32. Shafft

RC-OG

Oh boy.. you just potentially sold someone out.. maybe you should edit that..

33. STYLINator

Missy

As of 2004 Mazda is not produceing anymore Proteges, nor protege5s, the one you see above, The mazda 3, is taking the place of the protege5, and the 4 door sedans are to be called Mazda5, and as well as Mazda is not produceing any more B series truck as of 2005, I think there killing the idea of the Mazda 6 too, getting out of the Ford seen (good idea if ya ask me)

Wait till ya see the new RX7, (yes I said 7) to come out early 2005, this car blows the RX8 away...bad!

I was also told that in 2005 they are gonna make an even sporty version of the Mazda 5 (protege) being a 2 door and having the Engine that is now in the Mazda 6.

I feel mazda is a hugh competeter of Honda, Acura...LOL, not so much V-DUB (junk anyway) and in the next couple years to come they better watch out!

The Mazdaspeed Protege (Titanium) is my favorite affordable car that is on the market today, after that is the RX8.......but for some reason, alot of you are gonna be suprised in the years to come!!!!!!

I know this shit, cause I work for Steele Mazda, and I like to be informed on there new progects!

34. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

You know what's funny? That was also my plan B!!

35. Redshift

Nahh... he's a buddy of mine from Toronto... he's never heard of RC and nobody he knows has ever heard of it either... but.. just to be safe, I suppose I will....