Marble Mountain

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Lex Lucas, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Lex Lucas

Lex Lucas
    [OP]
    feels good.

Anyone ever been there? What is it like? Do you recommend it? What is there to do in the night time i.e. bars for drinking?

2. TyTryon

I have never been there but there should be a bar on site. Corner Brook is close too. People say it is wicked value and awesome skiing. How long have you been skiing/riding? I hear Marble is fairly advanced.

3. Sunfiregt

I am not a avid skier but I did live in the area for 3 years. There is a bit of a night life but not much. The best of the night life is around the weekends but as for MArble? It's supposed to be the best skiing east of the Rockies.. I have skied when I was younger and they did hold the Canada Winter Games there a few years back.. If you never been to Newfoundland its worth the trip and besides the airport is only 25 minutes away from Marble.

4. David Puddy

yeah, that's right

me and a buddie are looking to go there for a wknd soon ...there all inclusive packages are a good deal

5. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

My neighbor just got back - he goes every couple years, says the skiing is amazing - not sure on the night life.

6. jspurr

ill tell you on sunday when i get back from my adventure. i used my aero plan points got a flight to deer lake thurs night and staying at a bed and breakfast 5 min walk from the hill and its gonna be sweet.

7. N / A

I've been once, it was the worst year they had for snow in a long time so it was ok, but I have ridden the Rockies and the alps, no comparison to those but for east coast it's pretty good. Night life in Corner Brook was pretty good, I men it's full of Newfs and they like to drink, how can that be a bad time?

8. Lex Lucas

Lex Lucas
    [OP]
    feels good.

So at night you recommend going to Corner Brook and not staying around Marble?
    Can you cab to/from Corner Brook?

9. Kay

Kay

i still can't believe you are going solo for this little trip...

10. watcha

Born Killer

I've heard others say that Marble is the best skiing east of the rockies, never long lines, highspeed quads, some back country skiiing, lots of different terrain, huge lodge, and newfie women.

you can cab to/from Corner brook buit it's about 10-15min drive on the highway.

Such a great place, I miss going there!!!

11. jspurr

book your ticket and join! its gonna be sweet

12. Getson

Negative. Their all inclusive deals are shit. At least the one I did a few years ago. They advertise 3 days skiing, 2 nights accomodation and a rental car. Here's what actually happens:

Day 1: Arrive in NL in the mid-afternoon, pick up rental car, drive to hill, check into accomodations - check the clock. Hill closes in 1 hour. No skiing on their first advertised day of skiing.

Day 2: Ski all day, sweet.

Day 3: Ski in the morning, leave at noon, drive to airport and fly home.

So of the advertised 3 days of skiing, you actually get one and a half. Garbage. There's only night skiing on a verrrrrrrry small part of the hill and only on certain nights.

The skiing was the best I've ever done though. Better than New Hampshire. Better than Maine. I loved it and can't wait to get back again!!!! So much ungroomed powder. It's unreal.

13. TyTryon

No way Marble can be better than Sugarloaf, Sunday River, or Killington..

14. N / A

there (when I was there which was like 10 years ago, no night life at Marble you had to go into CB

oh and it is the only place I have been picked up drunk with open liquor by the cops, told we were going to the Tank, and then dropped off at our hotel, where we loaded up with more beer and went back out.