Manitoba ?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by 2003roadking, Feb 3, 2009.

1. 2003roadking

Is this only a far eastern (as in east coastal) site? Nobody posting from Ontario west (except Alberta - and that's probably a displaced Newfie or Spud workin' the patch)? The weather is always a good subject - it's still 30 below or colder all over Manitoba, not much snow. Waitin' for warmer weather to haul the 'ol Harley outa cold storage! Sometime before I leave this mortal celestial marble, I hope to ride the east coast and island roads. Planning on goin' to Sturgis, South Dakota this year (if the bastards will let me cross the border). This is the 69th annual run, should be some good T's (times, T-shirts, titties, teasin' ladies, etc.), at least I'm hoping so. Not much to say from this flatlander, mostly a hello & gotta go. Ride safe. GRAMMA

2. RatherBePerfin

That seems to be the case for the most part. I am from southeast Saskatchewan, working in Alberta. I'm here mostly for the rig related chat.

I've been to Manitoba a few times as my brother is currently stationed there. I'm not sure I would want to live there, but damn do you guys have some of the best golfing around for the money. So far I've golfed Granite Hills, Hecla and the Links at Quarry Oaks. Sask is always bragging about having the most courses per capita, but I would sooner take quality over quantity.

3. markw

Nope, there are members from all over (Texas, Mass., Ontario)

4. boing

BC...

5. boing

Well the West Coast Continent actually.

6. 2003roadking

Riding Mountain National Park was once tied as the best course in Canada. Since the advent of "super-courses" it has fallen in the ratings, but is still considered to be one of the best. Give it a try next time you're through this way! GRAMMA