1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longish term car rental in NS

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Oct 19, 2020.

1. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

We're planning a "longer than normal" trip to NS soon. Normally, when we visit, we just borrow a car from a family member, typically my in-laws. This trip, we're likely going to need a car from about 4-6 weeks which seems like a long time to borrow a car from them. Anyone have any suggestions on a relatively inexpensive way to rent/borrow a car? I haven't looked at the regular rental companies but I imagine I'll pay an arm and a leg that way.

2. Grifter

Bluh?

Borders closed brah, dont bring your covid germs to my home and native land! :eek4:

3. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Borders are closed does not apply if you have Canadian passports, which we do. Regardless, there are 2 loopholes:

- it's only the land borders that are closed. You can fly in anywhere you like.
    - The border closed restrictions were just recently modified so you *can* cross if you have relatives to visit. Not sure what you need to show to prove that but it was a recent change.

We'll have a 2 week quarantine, we're all set.

At this point, I think Ontario and Quebec are faring worse than Washington State right now anyway.

4. 17

teenage dirtbag

Turo?

5. Grifter

Bluh?

All good, I was just bugging, I had no idea of rentals, so I went with the jokes. :lol:

6. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Probably since I grew up there but I thought this said Truro when I first read it. lol