Longish term car rental in NS

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Oct 19, 2020.

1. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

We're planning a "longer than normal" trip to NS soon. Normally, when we visit, we just borrow a car from a family member, typically my in-laws. This trip, we're likely going to need a car from about 4-6 weeks which seems like a long time to borrow a car from them. Anyone have any suggestions on a relatively inexpensive way to rent/borrow a car? I haven't looked at the regular rental companies but I imagine I'll pay an arm and a leg that way.

2. Grifter

Bluh?

Borders closed brah, dont bring your covid germs to my home and native land! :eek4:

3. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Borders are closed does not apply if you have Canadian passports, which we do. Regardless, there are 2 loopholes:

- it's only the land borders that are closed. You can fly in anywhere you like.
    - The border closed restrictions were just recently modified so you *can* cross if you have relatives to visit. Not sure what you need to show to prove that but it was a recent change.

We'll have a 2 week quarantine, we're all set.

At this point, I think Ontario and Quebec are faring worse than Washington State right now anyway.

4. 17

teenage dirtbag

Turo?

5. Grifter

Bluh?

All good, I was just bugging, I had no idea of rentals, so I went with the jokes. :lol:

6. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Probably since I grew up there but I thought this said Truro when I first read it. lol