Life Insurance Clients

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by thagurlnextdoor, Feb 17, 2009.

1. thagurlnextdoor

Why...

Why apply if you won't return calls to complete your requirments...

Why do you lie when we complete your tele-underwriting... we have access to your records!

Why do you think if you take medication for disease or disorder that means you are cured of it...

Why when I ask "Have you lost more than 10, 15, 20 lbs in the past year?" you respond yes Ive gone up or down 5 lbs...???

Instead of admitting to Back pain or Back injuries why try to make up some other fake diagnosis or reason... as soon as you say the word 'back' or chiropractor you are flagged!

DO you or HAVE YOU EVER used alchol/drugs means EVER not just current consumption

If you take high doses of BP, Cholesterol Medications, and ASA... you still have heart disease!!

When you complete this stuff why would you not want to be as honest/throrough as possible?? Why pay for something that could be void...

GAHHHH [/rant]

Bad day at the office :happysad:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. idrivemyrentsvan

What records can life insurance companies see (I know you have to sign off that they can research you)... like can they open my doctors complete records and see that when I was 20 I thought I had an std and flag me as a higher risk individual for getting HIV since I clearly sleep around enough to think it was an STD before anything else? Just wondered, because I know medical records aren't really computerized so what do they do, call the doctors office and ask for a faxed copy?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  3. thagurlnextdoor

Depending on the company if they deem it ness. we fax the physicians an 'APS' Attending Physician's statement... The they send a written/verbal report of your medical history including anything of importance... So no they will likely not know/care that you had an std test... They can request additional info on specifics...

If it was positive that'd be different...

4. idrivemyrentsvan

Thats what I figured, thanks!

5. Twopoops

Hidey Ho

I've had clients apply, and are "shocked" when I let them know they've been declined based on lab findings :lol:

I've never used a tele-app though.

Also, don't forget your info gets passed along to the Medical Information Bureau. It's an organization owned by all major insurance companies. Read up here http://www.mib.com/html/consumer_guide.html

Ben:

6. thagurlnextdoor

Who do you work for?.... Lol @ clients that lie and then give their blood/urine/saliva...

Also :rofl: @ clients who come to the office to complete requirements so their spouse doesnt know they smoke dope etc

7. Twopoops

Hidey Ho

I work for a locally owned broker. We deal with pretty much every insurance company out there.

8. thagurlnextdoor

Cool I work for Hooper Holmes... we do the medical info legwork for a lot of the major companies...

9. Leroy

@danackles29

I should get life insurance :happysad: