LF: Insulated Fish Tanks/Tubs

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Dewie, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Dewie

Dewie
    [OP]

I am looking for a couple of insulated tanks used for transporting fish. Lots of guys get these for transporting Moose meat etc.

In my case I don't need them to be waterproof or insulated, only structurally sound (ideally still with lid).

(I already checked with ScottScott, he doesn't have any)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dewie

Dewie
    [OP]

*Note, I want to use them for storing traction sand, not for practicing for a fish-tub-derby.

3. Scott

rawr

darn

Dewie likes this.
  4. Wayne

Fish tub derby sounds like a good time though!

5. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Would bulk material bags work?

6. Dewie

Dewie
    [OP]

We've been discussing that - trying to figure out how to load them with a payloader that has a 5 yard bucket at a pit in the middle of nowhere...

7. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Build a chute

8. Dewie

Dewie
    [OP]

The place I can get sand from isn't going to to want to frig around with loading things on/off the truck. They're a commercial supplier and the fact they even entertain supplying me with sand is because I went to school with one of them. Loading things on/off the truck just isn't going to happen... with the totes I hope to put 3 of them side-by-side on the trailer and have them empty some sand in all of them at the same time. When home I can lift the tote with the forks on my tractor then strap the tote to the fork mechanism. I'll have to build a funnel/chute for loading the sand spreader but that will be simple enough. Just tip the tote to empty it in the chute.

I'll also have the added bonus that I should be able to stack the containers of sand that don't get used right away somewhere out of the way where the salt in the sand won't rust out everything around it.

9. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Could you not build a framework for the bags that you could put on the trailer to hold them open just like a tub? The nice thing about theb bags is that their are easy to find for free, can be lifted by the straps and have have a chute at the bottom to make it easy to fill your hopper.
    The only other think I could think of that would be easy to find would be the bulk fluid bins, but once you take off the top you're going to have to rig up some kind of lid.

10. Dewie

Dewie
    [OP]

The framework thing has been discussed also... and while the chute in the bottom would be great they're not really waterproof. I actually have a line on a guy who does "wee loads" who I need to contact to find out if he has some way to potentially fill a bag out there.

I have one of the plastic totes already; just really need 3 to be effective.