Laundry Services in Halifax

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by KennyG, Oct 17, 2011.

1. KennyG

KennyG
    [OP]

I seem to remember years ago this subject came up, but couldn't find anything in a search.

I remember when I was in Waterloo for a month I took all my clothes to this little laundromat and they weighed the clothes and charged by the weight. It didn't end up costing that much more I found, and for the convenience was well worth the extra cost. You leave you clothes there and they have them washed, dried and folded for you when you pick them up. Is there anything like that around in HRM?

2. C. Mike Hunt

You could try looking here.

3. KennyG

KennyG
    [OP]

Which doesn't really help me out much since all the hits there pretty much are listings for businesses that have something to do with laundry (I saw one business which I could confirm offered what I'm looking for). Most of which likely do not offer the service I'm talking about. I asked on here because I know there are people on here who have use such a service in the past.

4. jspurr

I recently had to start doing laundry too and there's a laundry mat on sackville drive by hemp heaven that looks like it may have that type of service Ken, i have to go back tonight as they close at 8 on sundays and getting there at 7:30 doesn't leave you with enough time to do laundry and ill let you know

5. Bald

Birthplace Removed

There was a place in Dartmouth near where Sherman williams burned down that did this. You would being in your clothes, they wash, iron and fold them for you in about 24 hours.

No idea if the place is still there or if it's been replaced by condos. I also only know the general area and not the actual location. This was near the downtown area by the water front.

6. KennyG

KennyG
    [OP]

Thanks guys! Appreciate it. :)

7. kmac

très classy

The place by Hemp Heaven does do this.