1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Purchase v.WHATEVER

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by cRoy, May 26, 2009.

1. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Matt30Matt30 - would be curious to read what the policy is covering actually. Loss of work from getting sick with COVID playing hockey? Definitely sounds like a money grab

2. Matt30

I’ll ask the guy who runs it and see what I can find out. I’m curious myself. I mean, it’s $25 for the year per player. With such a precise number I’m sure it’s rounded up a few bucks so the rep pockets a few dollars for his trouble, which is fine. So I’m not worried about throwing $25 away but I wanna see what they claim is worth my $25

3. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

probably liability coverage for the organization or rink from someone who does get infected and goes after them.

4. Matt30

So, wouldn’t the arena need coverage then? You would think with the public health restrictions, and the waivers we sign, the rink would just say they are not liable and make you sign off on it.

Again I have no idea how any of it works. I just wanna play

5. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Saying you’re not liable doesn’t make you not liable. It’s like the signs in grocery stores at the cash that say they aren’t liable for cart damage. It’s nice that they say it, that doesn’t make it true.
    Waivers sometimes work. Ski hills have them and they still get sued. That’s just a guess though. They wouldn’t be the first organizing to up the cost of something just to take advantage of COVID. It’s also possible that the rates just went up with no extra coverage. Insurance has been taking a hit and they might have just imposed a general rate increase. I’d say you’re within your rights to ask questions but they can probably also just say if you don’t like it, don’t play.

6. Grifter

Bluh?

Purchased the draw in June. But got the notification today I got my bull moose tag! Here moosey moosey!

Screenshot_20210714-090310~2.png

chainsaw, tribeachpunk and KMD like this.
  7. KMD

KMD

Good luck, you have a nice long season to hunt and a pretty cheap tag as well :lol:
    I entered for moose but got nothing. I may buy a deer tag and go out for some day hunts with the wife and dog but no moose for me :happysad: But my step son and friend are going on a fly in caribou hunt so I may get to try some of that if they are successful :jump4joy:

Grifter likes this.
  8. Grifter

Bluh?

The $3.83 was just to get put in for the draw. $45 for the tag itself. Where I hunt moose ,it's general bull elk as well, and tons of whitetail on the area. Hoping to fill the freezer this year. Doing a two week excursion.

KMD likes this.
  9. 17

teenage dirtbag

[​IMG]
    Upgraded the wife to a 21 escape Titanium Elite. Interested to see how the Hybrid powertrain works out, the 2.0 ecoboost she has now is peppy but mileage is…not great

Fucking thing is jammed with tech, it’s unreal.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    RoryTate, KMD, Scott and 4 others like this.
  10. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

That's an interesting wife upgrade!

KMD and Scott like this.
  11. Grifter

Bluh?

My thoughts exactly.

12. Matt30

My wife has the 20 Titanium Hybrid. Hands down, far and beyond the best vehicle I’ve ever driven in the snow. I drove that little bastard home from the Halifax Forum to Peggys Cove last winter in the middle of the worst snow storm we had last year. Snow pretty much scraped the bottom of the bumper on the 103 the whole drive home it was that deep, I could barely see 2 feet in front of me, and I’ve never felt more in control of a vehicle in that situation. Good winter tires helped too but I was very surprised. I’m trying to convince her to let me take the plow off my truck and put it on the Escape for this winter :lol:

13. 17

teenage dirtbag

it talks back less and lives outside

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    Nick84 and Scott like this.
  14. 17

teenage dirtbag

what are you running for winters? I need to buy some for it

15. Wayne

Nice looking rig!

16. Wayne

King 6500W Generator (w/elec start)

17. Arod

A friend has the hybrid and loves it. My Elantra Hybrid has been averaging 4.3L/100km so far lol. Have gotten as low as 3.9 on a highway drive. I drive the thing like a granny lol

17 likes this.
  18. Matt30

Just Uniroyals from the dealership as they were part of the purchase. No complaints on them. Our driveway has a steady incline of a few hundred feet and there was never a point over the winter where she couldn’t get to the top. More often than not when she had a Focus, even with winter tires she would have to abandon the car in the driveway and walk to the house :lol: 5 years of that and she had enough hence the awd purchase

17 and Scott like this.
  19. David Puddy

yeah, that's right

a week vacay on PEI.
    booze for our wedding coming up
    misting pedestal fan

20. Grifter

Bluh?

Groceries followed by two tickets to lobster fest for the missus and I. Was a great day! But now I'm very full and must roll off to take a coma.

21. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-18_14-4-22.jpeg

$190 for the privilege of driving this around for the weekend

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021 at 6:24 PM
    17, KMD, Boots and 2 others like this.
  22. 17

teenage dirtbag

she drives it to work for the first time tomorrow, her avg was 9.0-9.7.

I just drove it earlier, What a trip to roll silently around the neighborhood. :rofl:

23. Wayne

Interesting, my V60 2.0T with Polestar tune averages 8.3 around the city consistently...figured a hybrid SUV would do better.

24. 17

teenage dirtbag

Her old one was in the 9s, we just picked the hybrid up today. This one should be in the low 6’s and I’m interested to see how many km are going to be electric.

It should offset my trucks 14.7l/100km nicely :hsugh:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021 at 9:09 PM
    Grifter and Wayne like this.
  25. Arod

haha probably not driving it like you should drive a hybrid. I have been working on the best ways to drive it for efficiency. Just got 3.9 on my last 40km drive. Its actually fun in sport mode with the combined 195ftlbs of torque. The DCT can hang onto gears when cruising around in sport if you are not shifting yourself which gets annoying. in normal or smart mode you can't even feel the shifts.

26. 17

teenage dirtbag

Her first time ever driving it for more than 5 minutes was today, 6.3 was pretty good. That’s in normal mode and not eco which can probably wring some more mileage out

BB961402-4F4C-4937-855B-1CFD9A57BA89.jpeg

RoryTate and Wayne like this.
  27. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Reverse purchase - After we bought our Ascent during the pandemic, I tried to sell our Grand Caravan. I had zero interest and after dropping the price about $5000 and still not selling it, I took it off the market and we started planning to drive it to Nova Scotia this summer and either just leaving it at the cottage or selling it there (metric dash was one of the selling issues from what I could tell).

Trip cancelled to Nova Scotia, my son getting his license and thus paying a shit ton more for insurance, I read an article about the used car market really heating up. So I re-listed the van on Sunday. Used the same pictures I’d originally taken and cleaned it up, listed it for $1000 more than I had earlier. Request for a test drive came Sunday night, people looked at it noon Monday, and offered $500 less than asking that evening. Sold!

Dunno if TRED.com is available in Canada but it’s making it super easy to list and handle all the details.

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  28. Grifter

Bluh?

Little tub trailer for behind the atv for hunting/camping.

highlander-20-3-458x458.jpg

29. 17

teenage dirtbag

I did the same thing.

I had a different job back in late 2017and needed something dirt cheap to operate and buy since I got paid mileage. I ended up with a 14 optima 2.4L that I bought in jan 18 for 12k

I drove it for a year and 40k kms before I changed jobs and now they pay my truck lease so the car sat starting from mid 2019. I didn’t want to lose money on it and the payment was only $117 bi weekly so it’s not like it was tying up a bunch of money. I tried to get rid of it but i was always going to eat 2-3k and would rather not so I let the plates expire, parked it at my works warehouse lot and came to terms with letting it sit for however long I had to.

In April I was living in my buddies basement while my house got finished snd he told me about auto trader and how they will generate an offer based on the information you give them online and as long as you’re truthful about it they will buy the car. I tried it and they offered $7600. I checked and my buyout was 6 and change. I couldn’t drive it there fast enough.

the same dealership that bought it offered me $5500 a year earlier

30. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

I couldn't get the dealerships to look at it, they didn't want to deal with the Canadian dash... which is ridiculous as I had a $500 quote to switch it out.

31. Wayne

4 x 235/45/19 Yokohama Avid Ascend GT tires

Been way overdue, but I was delaying in case I wanted to trade the car in, which I've decided not to for another year anyways.

32. Matt30

Just put a deposit down for another puppy. Expecting to be spring/summer next year. I’ve never had two dogs at once so that’s exciting!