Latest Purchase v.WHATEVER

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by cRoy, May 26, 2009.

1. Grifter

Bluh?

I cant get them in LT at all. Tried multiple different sizes. That being said, KO2's in LT are $20-30 less per tire than crappy tire or Kal Tire. So I'm not complaining. Just weird how the site doesn't let you specify you are looking for an LT tire.

2. Scott

rawr

agreed.

3. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Aren't those light truck tires by definition?

4. Scott

rawr

No. You have a reg P rated tire. An XL rated tire which may be 6/8 ply and a LT tire which is usually E or D rated/10 ply. A lot stiffer, heavier, holds a lot more

Wayne likes this.
  5. Wayne

Their options for my car suck compared to quattrotires.com, prices are no better either. :shrug:

6. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Do the online chat with them. They can get pretty much anything. What you see on their site is tied to the warehouse closest to your postal code which may not have what you're looking for :)

7. Wayne

When I decide to upgrade these overpriced (and junk) Pirelli Scorpion's I'll check it out. I know quattro has 4 235/45/19 uniroyal tiger paws for my car, shipped for $830

Boots likes this.
  8. Scott

rawr

Ive used Quattro twice in the past. Very happy with them.

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

ahhh, I don't do much truck tire shopping lol

I'm sure you could get LT from them if you asked. Anyways, enough of me promoting these guys for free. Just had a really good experience there twice in the past six months so figured I'd let others know :)

10. Scott

rawr

yeah, they seem pretty good price wise. Free shipping is nice. I priced up same tires on 1010 tires, $1 cheaper, but $60 shipping.

11. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

yeah and the shipping was super fast too

12. Grifter

Bluh?

Definitely a good find Steve. I'm gonna swap out the tires on my new truck, as it came with basic tires. Want to go switch them to an All Terrain as that's all I like to run. Their pricing on some of the options is definitely competitive and enticing. Plus getting free shipping to Fort Mac is great!

13. Scott

rawr

what size are your take offs...asking for a friend :kekeke:

14. Grifter

Bluh?

:lol:Tell your friend.... 275 65 18. Shipping may be more than he/she wants to pay tho! :lol:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Scott likes this.
  15. 17

teenage dirtbag

we have a business relationship so i may have gotten a deal, i didnt ask for one and i dont know if/how much of one i got but i paid pretty much the same price i found them for online on a couple canadian sites, but i would have still would have been ok with paying a bit more to keep the $$ local

Grifter and Boots like this.
  16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I called Scotia Tire when I found the price on my 4S and told them I'd prefer to give them my money if they can cut me a deal. They said no to matching the price so I said I'd pay their price if they threw in their road hazard warranty for free. Lady I was speaking with said no :nuts: I'm all for shopping local but I'm not going to beg a business to take my money.

17, Nick84 and Wayne like this.
  17. Matt30

This will be my first winter with my F150. I’m debating on winter tires, or good all seasons. I’ve always had winter tires for my cars. I had off road tires on my 2000 Sierra but that thing was so fucking heavy i could run racing slicks in the winter. My F150 is really light and I am putting a home plow on it. What do you guys think? Winter tires or some good mud and snow tires? I don’t take it to work.

18. Grifter

Bluh?

I've never bought winters. Never. I run K02s all year round. I don't even throw extra weight in my bed. Have never had an issue with all my vehicles. Before the K02's came out it was the KO's. Never had an issue with them either.

:shrug2:

19. dpwu32

Trash elf

I've run my Tacoma on both Duratracs and Blizzaks in the winter. If you're not doing a ton of driving, or are going to be in deep snow, Duratracs (or similar) would be fine IMO. Personally, I drive a fair bit, and would rather have optimum stopping/control on ice than have the ability to drive through massive snow drifts. I bolt Blizzaks on every winter.

Just one man's opinion. Lots of people run AT tires year round. I just don't personally think they perform AS well on ice/cold.

20. dpwu32

Trash elf

Today:
    Tim's coffee/breakfast
    Round of golf
    Beers
    Samosas
    Steaks
    Fog light relay for the truck

21. 17

teenage dirtbag

What year 150? I wouldn’t be putting any weight on anything 11+ with the electric steering. Plows will void warranties on new ones

22. 17

teenage dirtbag

ive never had luck with them, always ended up going to Costco to get more for my money when doing tires for my wife’s cars.

23. Matt30

I checked with Ford before I bought it about the plow, since that’s the trucks main purpose. They said as long as it wasn’t a commercial plow, and they don’t drill any holes in the frame, then no warranty will be void. The plow is really light. It’s basically a glorified ATV plow.

24. David Puddy

yeah, that's right

yeah i have Scorpions on my rig and i'm not totally digging them. I'll likely replace with Michelin

25. Scott

rawr

100% they don't perform as well. Especially on ice. Although some of these new all weather tires are closing the gap. Much better than all seasons

26. Grifter

Bluh?

Not as much of an ice issue out here. :lol:.

But back home I would say they don't perform quite as well, agreed with that. But definitely not enough of a difference to deter me from buying them. :shrug2:. Keep in mind, I do do a fair bit of off highway driving.

27. Matt30

I’m a tad out of the loop with tires. I generally just find one I like and stick with it forever. But I’ve never heard of all season vs all weather. What’s the difference? It’s like saying the same thing

28. dpwu32

Trash elf

I started running Blizzaks while living in Alberta. Generally speaking, I found snow to be less of an issue, and ice to be a bigger problem there (with the exception of the mountains). Not to mention that a dedicated winter tire stay a lot more pliable at -40 than an AT tire.

29. Scott

rawr

All weather are usually snowflake rated but not a dedicated winter tire. All season should really just be 3 season. Most are useless in the snow.

Grifter likes this.
  30. Grifter

Bluh?

Lived in Calgary area for awhile before heading north. Snow was always more than an issue there, same as here. Barely ever see any ice. Guess that's cause Calgary is close(ish) to the mountains and here in the north it's too fucking cold for ice! :lol:

Where the hell were you?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  31. Grifter

Bluh?

That's okay. I'm the same way. Hence why I swear by KO2's. :shrug2: And those are an M & S tire. They have a picture of a snowy mountain! :lol: Just means they are mud and snow rated.

32. Scott

rawr

Well the 3 peak means they'll pass as a snow tire in places like Quebec where they are mandatory

Grifter likes this.
  33. 17

teenage dirtbag

I still swap to a dedicated winter tire and wheel. Last year was 20” Blizzak DMV2 and I had a set for my wife’s Escape too.

this upcoming season will probably be the same, unless something super cool comes out. I have a new company truck on the way and the factory tires are garbage so I’ll put another set of the wildpeaks on in the spring and bump up a few sizes

34. dpwu32

Trash elf

Lived in both Edmonton (6ish yrs) and Calgary (5ish years).

35. PirateSteve

Just so you guys know, there is like no margin in tires unless you are a massive warehouse. We buy from Scotia as a wholesale customer and our cost is pretty much in line with the online warehouse places. As much as I like to make a deal, I'm not losing money just to sell a tire. There are lots of shops on Sackville dr who are willing to do that lol.