Killzone 2 gets 9.4/10(IGN)

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by NameLeSS, Feb 1, 2009.

1. NameLeSS

NameLeSS
    [OP]

2. Benedict

Formerly Topdawgg

meh, wasnt it IGN that gave GTA4 a 10.?

3. Stang

Go Buy a Ford

This game will have to be like the second coming of Christ to live up to all the hype.

:lol:

4. Benedict

Formerly Topdawgg

yea, its gonna be hard to top the call of duty games....

5. NameLeSS

NameLeSS
    [OP]

it plays alot like the COD games

6. Stang

Go Buy a Ford

One thing that is supposed to be huge is dedicated servers instead of "hosting", supposed to mean less lag and the game won't crap out for everyone if the host leaves the game.

7. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Distributed hosting is my biggest beef with COD5. I don't like the odds of playing on a server hosted on some jerk offs shitty wireless router plugged into his shitty ISP :rant:

8. arsehole

Yeah, COD5 lastnight was fucking retarded. I think we actually only got to finish 10-15% of the games we joined. Or at least it seemed that way.

As for Killzone...first one kinda let me down. This one looks pretty sick though. I'll give it a try for sure.

9. NameLeSS

NameLeSS
    [OP]

The MP is going to be sick. Custom class are going to be kick ass. You can be a medic(or what every class) and lvl him up to get ribbens and built flying gun turrets(or what every eles there is) :|

All so i read some where, that kz2 will have there own ladders and you can win prizes

if you want to see more watch the video

http://g4tv.com/xplay/videos/36478/Mr_Sark_Killzone_2_Impressions_Part_2.html

fyi 360 guys this is only for the ps3

10. DUKE

Alfa as Fuck

this time I will try to get this game when it first comes out. Previously I waited to see what the reviews were like from actual players then got the game. But by that time ppl got too good at it (or too high leveled)

11. Benedict

Formerly Topdawgg

COD4 has shit the bed recently also.. The COD servers are suckin dog dick right now

12. NameLeSS

NameLeSS
    [OP]

when i play COD 4 now i all ways get get a host that is from the UK or Mexico would hardly get a NA host and the past couple of days the host where from Hong kong WTF!!?

Its pretty near impossible to get a good host!

13. Stang

Go Buy a Ford

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) has announced that a demo of Killzone 2 will be made available for download on February 5, 2009.

According to VG247, the demo will give players a taste of the first level in the game, featuring two fully playable sections of the stage. A tutorial sequence will also be included.

Killzone 2 is scheduled for release on February 27.

14. Stang

Go Buy a Ford

[​IMG]

Killzone 2 Review

Epic’ is a word that is loosely banded around the videogame industry. In practically every press release pimping the latest game that comes fluttering into our inbox, we find that very noun used nonchalantly by publishers trying to convince us that its game will be the next big thing. There are very few games that I’d personally describe as epic, only a handful in fact; Oblivion, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid, God of War and Grand Theft Auto spring to mind. As for first person shooters? Well, not really. Perhaps I could add Call of Duty 4 and Resistance 2 to the list if I was feeling particularly generous, but after a week of playing Killzone 2, I have a new understanding of the word epic, and those two games, as great as they are, don’t quite fit into that category. Killzone 2, however, is as epic a game as I’ve ever played; it's a chaotic, intense, and cinematic experience that blows every other shooter right out of the water. Shout it from the rooftops folks, “Killzone 2 has arrived!” And if it isn’t the system seller that the Sony bigwigs are hoping for, they might as well pack their bags and shut down HQ, because Killzone 2 will simply blow you away!

Full Review Here.

http://www.psu.com/Killzone-2-Review-Review--a006296-p0.php

15. DUKE

Alfa as Fuck

can we preorder this bitch?

16. Stang

Go Buy a Ford

17. DUKE

Alfa as Fuck

18. Stang

Go Buy a Ford

Future Shop is saying $59.99 and you can pre-order online.

19. Stang

Go Buy a Ford

Random observation - COD4 and COD5 are both now $69.99 on Future Shop and Best Buy web sites ............. Strange.

20. Stang

Go Buy a Ford

Killzone 2 pre-orders top one million in Europe

Sony has divulged that European pre-orders for Guerrilla Games’ hotly anticipated Killzone 2 have reached 1.1 million as of last week.

“The 1.1m pre-orders are for Europe only and that's [as] of last week," the company told CVG. North American pre-order figures have yet to be revealed, though a demo of the game is available now to download on PlayStation Network.

The PS3-exclusive sequel will be accompanied by a GBP 2 million marketing campaign in preparation for the game’s launch later this month. In the meantime, be sure to pop over to our review to see what we thought.

http://www.psu.com/Killzone-2-pre-orders-top-one-million-in-Europe-News--a006343-p0.php

21. quicksilver

I played the demo last night for about 15 mins. I have a 720p tv and it looks spectacular.... I think It will be worth the price once it hits the shelves

22. arsehole

wait what? demo is out?

23. quicksilver

Pre-order from Gamestop will give you a Redeemable code for in the PSN store. Europeans get full access to the demo but we North Americans get no such luck unless you are like me who has a friend who pre-ordered and doesn't have his PS3 hooked to the WWWeb and gave me his code. I would have played more but the muscle relaxers my Dr. gave me for my back made me too body stoned to care.

So I'll play it some tonight before getting high on prescribed meds.

24. NameLeSS

NameLeSS
    [OP]

Wonder if you make EU account can you get the demo???? i know when GT came out in JAP all you had to do was make a JAP account and dl it.

25. NameLeSS

NameLeSS
    [OP]

found out that you can all you need is a EU address

26. quicksilver

sweet. you guys wont be disappointed!

27. NameLeSS

NameLeSS
    [OP]

use this for a address

Cortenbergh
    Brussers
    Belgium

the file is 1207mb

28. DUKE

Alfa as Fuck

Just pre-ordered mine :)

29. NameLeSS

NameLeSS
    [OP]

The demo is not long at all beat it in 5mins

30. arsehole

dont say that i pissed off the girlfriend going through all the trouble of making an account with a euro address to download it :o

31. NameLeSS

NameLeSS
    [OP]

Killzone 2, dont really like the feel of the guns,but iam still buying it

I wonder if the online play will have weapon modifications,perks like COD 4, thats what kept me playing COD 4 unlocking the colors and red dots etc.

32. Stang

Go Buy a Ford

Killzone 2 for sale, street date broken

[​IMG]

According to YouTube footage and comments made on the GameSpot forums, a number of gamers based in the United Arab Emirates have managed to get their hands on copies of Killzone 2 two weeks prior to its official release date.

Based in Dubai, a YouTube member by the name of moiNinja has uploaded footage of Killzone 2 being unwrapped from its original box. He claims that he bought the copy at his local game store.

"I couldn't believe myself when I first saw it in a local videogame store. It was Killzone 2 the full game. [Two] weeks before the release date. The salesman told me that they managed to bring only 70 copies of Killzone 2, and they all sold out in just [five] hours... He reserved one copy for me..." reads the post.

Further research took us to a post on the GameSpot forums, where claims are also coming in from members based in Dubai who have already got copies of the game, with photographic evidence taken by one member going by the name of 77slr77. Another poster claims that it is being sold by a number of small gaming shops across the United Arab Emirates.

Lucky them, eh? We'd guess that Sony will probably turn a blind eye to the broken street date, but you can guarantee that if any shop were dare to sell it before the release date in North America or Europe, Sony's lawyers would be onto them like whippets.

Killzone 2 is due for official release on February 25 in Europe, and February 27 in North America.