1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Cooper Works - S

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by markw, Jan 22, 2005.

1. markw

markw
    [OP]

Not sure if anyone has heard this, or cares :finger:
    MINI Canada is pleased to introduce the following exciting new package for the MINI Cooper S - The WORKS Package - available as of March 2005 production through May 2005 production:

WORKS Package

This package is designed to create a "Halo" for the MINI brand by emphasizing driving dynamics, the "go cart" handling, and performance of the MINI Cooper S. This will be highlighted with the John Cooper Works (JCW) Kit, Limited slip differential, in combination with exclusive two-piece 17" web spoke wheels and Carbon Fibre Mirror Caps to provide exterior differentiation. The WORKS Package will debut at the Toronto Auto Show with a MSRP of $7200 (plus labour). To enhance this limited offer, MINI Financial Services will fully residualize the WORKS Package on these exclusive MY2005 MINI Cooper S vehicles only. Additional details to follow....

Contents of kit:

JCW Tuning Kit - 210 HP
    Carbon Fibre Mirror Caps
    17" Web Spoke, 2pc Alloy Wheels (new exclusive design)
    Limited Slip Differential
    DSC
    Front and Rear Foglights

Available Colours:

Dark Silver
    Chili Red
    Jet Black

Interior choices remain the same, but only certain other options are available.

Just a heads up. Should be a cool kit. The fact that you can residualize this kit is SWEET!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This car is going to be a blast. :bowdown:

2. Mr.X

Sign by the X

ok, so how much of a power improvement is this over the S? i thought they had like 170-180hp. 30-40hp, new wheels, and an lsd could hopefully be bought for less than $7200.

3. PirateSteve

The JCW kit is not worth it. You'd be better off buying the entry Cooper non SC and puttinga turbo kit on it. Although its nice that they offer an LSD now, the kit still dosn't address the major let down of the cooper s. The brakes suck! They are pretty cool cars, and handle awesome for stock, but i've cooked the brakes on road tests and I've talked with people who have had them out for track days and they agree. If they threw in a Brembo or Alcon 4 pot brake setup along with the kit it would make a major difference. Nice CF mirrors too :kekeke:

4. stu mccrea

we have installed at least half a dozen work kits so far. Owners love the increase power, but like steve said the brakes are a bit lacking and well for $1,000's less one can get close to the same power levels as the works kit. I must admit there are core charges included in that 7200 dollar surcharge for items such as the head and supercharger that the customer would recoup. Personnally i think bmw mini should offer a mini cooper works straight from the factory

5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Not a bad factory kit!

6. tunedforester

bring a towel

Mini's in general are over-priced.

7. Eisenflower

So I take it you've actually driven one in order to make a statement such as that?

8. PirateSteve

Says the guy who can't afford one.....:confused:

It would be nice if you could qualify your remarks with at least something to back them up with. Other than upping your post count by one, your post did nothing for the convo.

9. John Doe

Wow, um... then what do you consider reasonably priced?! The WRX?! :lol: With such a sad lack of top-end power, I doubt you'll find many people STILL thinking it's a wonderful bargain at $25K USD...

$20,499 USD, on the other hand, for a great-handling and reasonably powerful hatchback that includes tons of standard equipment (much of which isn't even available on it's competitors, including the WRX) and also includes a nice warranty with INCLUDED SCHEDULED MAINTENENCE and has the highest resale value in it's class doesn't exactly seem "over-priced" to me. In fact, judging by the fact that dealers are STILL having trouble keeping them on lots... thus the buying public speaking with it's dollars... I'd say that they're anything but "over-priced."

10. pmachan

I think the MINI is a cool little car for the money for sure.
    They are VERY fun to drive, I was suprised by the power of the Cooper S, the gearbox is awesome, super tight ratio. But Steve is right about the brakes, they are not strong, bad selection I think would fix it right away, but they are vague and fade within 2 laps.
    The interior is cool as hell IMO.