It's that time again :(

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Eisenflower, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Eisenflower

Back to winter storage mode, she's going into hibernation any day now. :( Notice the white stuff already :x

I get some weird ass looks from people with this dropped 3.5", kitted, rolling on 15's. Makes me feel like the average Halifax ricer, all I'm missing are the "R-Racing" stickers. :rofl:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Banned/Deleted User

you r your average ricer..

3. dpwu32

Is it summer yet?

Pot? Kettle?

:crazy: :lol:

4. Banned/Deleted User

Are you callin me a Ricer?

5. dpwu32

Is it summer yet?

Not really, just F'n with you... :D :lol:

6. Banned/Deleted User

oh, well im not offended, but if your gonna say it, say it.. Dont beat around the bush..:D

7. Lex Lucas

feels good.

nice EX-R rims :D

mine is going away this week i think... After thursday, because thats my birthday.

8. AcidGord

Nothing wrong with 15's. Lighter, better gearing, save yourself some rotational mass. :)

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

getting groceries in style now :cool:

10. MK

MK
    Rollin Low

Thats what I was going to say. I'll never have a rim bigger than 15" on my car maybe a 16 if its light enough. Right now I have my eye on a set of BBS Splits for my ride. They are gonna cost me a chunk tho!

11. ~La~Aruca~

try to lick ur elbow

this is somthing i dont hafta worrie about, cuz i dont get my licence back untill march. :(

12. Eisenflower

I'll stick to my 18's for the street, I'm not too concerned about the difference in weight, better gearing, and rotational mass difference on the street. :P

13. Jake

It definitly needs 17 or 18's...it's a fair size car and with the kit & drop it just doesn't look right on the 15's.

Either way though, awesome car.

14. AcidGord

I like my Heliums. 10.7lbs makes a big difference over 18 lb steels. I can't imagine what a 22+lb 18" must do to a car.

For someone who says they don't care about street performance you're spending an awful lot of money on hop-ups this winter. :)

15. ChristopherClarke

Steve, we have to meet before you put it away for some pictures same with you lucas, and steve don't forget i want that front lip too.

16. slouse

he DOES have 18's...the whole point of his post was to show how out of place those ex-r rims look

17. Eisenflower

Well here are my personal views on this topic so you understand where i'm coming from and why I have made the choice I did.

For one, I do like 15" rims such as your heliums on certain types of cars, IE: Yours. It's a civic, very small car so a 15" wheel still suits the car nicely in the cosmetic dept. if it's a nice open spoked wheel. However, on a car like mine it is alot bigger therefore a 15" rim IMO looks silly.

Your Heliums are 11 pounds each, my 18" rims are 17 pounds each. Now for the street, my 18" rims don't faze me at all. I love the look of a bigger wheel on my car, it suits the overall look I was going for moreso then a set of 15's would. I'll continue to run 18's on the street, hell maybe even a new set of 19's next season. I really don't care about the performance difference between 6 pounds/rim will give me on the street. Afterall, all I am doing is commuting back and forth to work daily so why would I need a 6 pound lighter wheel for the added performance that it would generate and sacrafice the look I am going for with the car? I like the added handling characteristics that the 225/40/18" pilot sports give me on the street since they do handle well with a stiffer sidewall, even though the ride is a bit harsh.

For the track next season, I'll be running the 15" EX-R rims on some good track rubber most likely instead of the 18's. Reason being, I know they will perform better, and will save me from chewing the living shit out of $2000 dollar set of 18" rubber. The track is where I would only care about the added performance that switching back to 15's would give me, not the street; thus bringing me back to why big wheels on the street are my choice.

You want what front lip?

18. ChristopherClarke

the one on your car, just a lil reminder to say hey, if you decide to get rid of it i want it

19. Lex Lucas

feels good.

hahaha Steve I saw you not too long ago tonihgt driving down Quinpool, and wholly fuck your car looks funny (no offense). It's slammed to the ground and the 15's look funny squished into the car.

20. Eisenflower

Well, I don't have any plans on getting rid of it. Even if I were to, it wouldn't fit your 94-95 front bumper...

Told you I get funny looks from people rollin' on these 15's :lol:

21. AcidGord

Dang, man. A simple 'fuck you' would have sufficed. :D

I was just messing. I'm not into the cosmetic thing much myself, costs too damned much money. I can certainly understand the 18vs15 for that though. Your 18's do look fine and at 17lbs thats pretty impressive. Must have cost a mint.

Glad to hear you plan to take some serious runs next year. Too bad its 6 months away. Ugh.

22. ChristopherClarke

23. Eisenflower

Naw, you weren't bashing me so I have no reason to tell you to fuck off. You stressed your view and I tried to explain mine so you and others would understand why I made the choice that I made. A discussion works better that way :D Telling someone to fuck off after they express their valid views gets boring.

As for the autocrossing season being 6 months away, all I have to say is... :( Since I started soloing about 1/2 way through the season, I had just started to really get into it, and then the season ended. :x I plan to go to as many events that I can next season. I just want to keep learning the process of autocrossing more and more and the only way to improve that, is to put in the track time. I can't wait! :D

24. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

I tell ya, when I swaped the acura rims with the t1-s's to the steelies with the pilot arcitc alpins, i thought my car was broken! :lol: I have to push the brakes harder to get the car to stop, and turning is alot more sluggish (dunno how much of this is tire rather than wheel, but i'm sure the steelies don't help). I stayed with the same size (16"), and there's a big difference....but there's more than 6lbs difference with the rims though!

But on the street with a slightly heavier rim, there isn't a significant difference.

25. Eisenflower

Stop worrying about my front clip, my header is next on your "to buy" list as soon as my manifold is installed.