1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been asked before but....

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by dpwu32, Aug 5, 2004.

1. dpwu32

dpwu32
    [OP]
    Trash elf

I need to reformat this wreck, and everytime I've done it in the past, I had Dell walk me through it. It usually takes like 2-3 hours with them, and I can't understand a damn word anyone there is saying. I'm sure it doesn't need to take that long to do.

So, anyone know where I can find a decent step-by-step guide to doing this that I can print out or something? I've got every original disc that came with this computer, so I should have everything I need...

2. Burnsie

.:\'.'/:.

Stick in the windows XP disk and read the instructions.... its not hard at all.

3. dpwu32

dpwu32
    [OP]
    Trash elf

When I put the disc in, it lists all of the files on it. I'm assuming that I open "Setup" and chose uninstall?? :confused:

4. MrDeez

Put the CD in, reboot, then keep pressing f2 or f8 when the dell globe thing appears, i cant remember. this should take you into the setup, then delete your partition (lose all the data) and create a new one. now load windows on the new "c:" choose the quick option and it shouldnt take more than an hour

5. Excko