1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is that a good deal?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by devast8, Oct 6, 2004.

1. devast8

devast8
    [OP]

1985 Civic Hatchback
    180xxx original KMs
    NO rust at all, brand new paint job, 4 new winter tires, new brakes, small sound system(don’t have more details), and more

It was for sale all summer for 3k but now the guy could take 2000$ for it. I’d negotiate him for 1800$ tax in and shit. This would be for my new winter car.
    Right now I have an Oldsmobile Cutlass which is killing me on gas and needs repair (~300$ - 400$). I could sell it for ~500$, so the civic would only cost me like ~1500$.

What would you guys do?

2. Benedict

Formerly Topdawgg

85, no matter what shape can not be worth that much...

u would have to be nuts

3. dpwu32

Trash elf

No, you'd still get the Civic for $1800-$2000, regardless of what you sell your car for...

As for if it's worth it or not, I'm not a big Honda guru or anything, but that absolutely does not sound like a good deal to me...

4. Lex Lucas

feels good.

:rofl: ... sorry but this guy must be on crack...

5. Digital_7

fresh paint usually mean's that he was tryin' to hide something... espcially on a car that old... or at least I would think.

and that price for a car thats almost 20years old.... I don't care what ANYONE say's... it's not worth it

6. wylderhoads

BLS

Way to much money. It's a 20 year old car. People always want way too much for everything.

7. Bernie

Yeah that sounds a bit high for this car. I just sold my 1993 Corolla wagon with 156,000 kms for $3200. I had it painted and a shit load of other work done to it and, basically, it needed nothing. As a matter of fact, it would have made a great winter/all-around car for you!! Do a lot of checking around - in the Chronicle Herald, Auto Trader, Bargain Hunter, forums (RC and Hfx4sale.com) and in the local newsgroups (hfx.forsale, ns.forsale and can.atlantic.forsale) to get an idea what these cars are worth. Good luck!!

P.S. I have a friend that is trying to sell his 93 Honda Accord, 2 door coupe - might work out for you.

8. Benedict

Formerly Topdawgg

i bought a winter beater 90 Civic SI Hatchback for 180$

its not the best but its still decent... i could replace every panel on it and paint it for less than that.... and its still a 90 SI

9. devast8

devast8
    [OP]

Ditch the guy with the civic and found a 1984 Celica GTS for 400$! And it’s in awesome shape for its age! Start first crank, doesn’t burn oil! Gonna drive it this winter but it’s definitely gone turn into a nice project next summer. I’m gonna have fun drifting this winter!

10. munky

u can get a 90 or a 91 jetta (gas) for like 850, check the for sale, auto thread

11. munky

nice.....( i shoulda finished reading...)