iPod

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by melrhombus, Nov 21, 2003.

1. melrhombus

melrhombus
    [OP]

Does anyone own one of these?
    I was wondering if they're worth the price tag

2. IB6 UB9

YA GUY HP 2210 :finger:

3. melrhombus

melrhombus
    [OP]

I own a iPaq 1940 but it sure as hell doesn't hold 40gigs and the price tag on just the gig SD cards make me cry

4. Xtreme989

there is one on display at futureshop in bayers lake....they are nice and sound really good....i would say they are worth the tag.

5. jc

jc
    in it

Wait until Wednesday to make a decision on that. It is expected that new, cheaper ones will be released.

If you expect not to be playing Windows DRM protected files and can enjoy the qualities of excellent design they are worth the price. Comparable ones don't go for more than about $70 cheaper and generally sacrifice one or more of size, battery life, interface, or appearance (what a joke that Dell jukebox is).

BUT, for most people I think the current iPods are overkill. The problem is that there is no good in between player. Something 2-5 gig, for much less but more than the cheap 128 meg dealies. I'd pay about $200 for the one I want. I hope Apple releases then one Tuesday. If they don't I'll just have to wait I guess.

6. AcidGord

Apple can be a nightmare to get warranty work done with though. Friend of mine had his iPod die and it took almost 3 months to get everything straightened around.