1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone experts, school me

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Cheddar, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Cheddar

Cheddar
    [OP]
    Red is the New Green

This is literally a $1000 question, because if I can't do this, there's no point in even contemplating this any further, and if I can, then I might spend the extra to switch.

I have a work provided Iphone, but also keep my own phone, currently Android. I don’t love the Iphone, but currently I carry two phones with since I don’t like using the work phone for personal use, which is quickly becoming a pain in the ass when I go out in the evenings or or weekends. If I were to get a second Iphone instead of an android, could I set it up to also get my work imessages on it but NOT have my work phone get my personal phone Imessages? I’d imagine this would require two apple accounts, which I’m fine with, I just don’t want ANY messages to or from my personal phone to show up on my work one.

TLDR: Can I mirror and respond to imessages to phone A on phone B, but not have phone B imessages mirrored on Phone A? Really hoping the answer is no, as I'd really rather not drop the stupid amount of coin for an iPhone. Unless someone has an iPhone 11 pro they want to sell?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  2. 17

teenage dirtbag

I’m guessing the answer is yes, just add the Apple ID that the work phone users so you can get those iMessages. I recently just switched providers and had my messages going to 2 phones at the same time in the overlap of them activating our new phones before pulling the plug on our old ones. I had my Apple ID connected to both at the same time

what’s your companies policy on phone usage? Would seem to make way more sense to just use it as your own unless theirs strict rules against that.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  3. Cheddar

Cheddar
    [OP]
    Red is the New Green

We can use work phone for personal use however anything done on a work phone is their property, and they give us an iPhone 8. I'd like something more current and I like to keep work and personal separate. While they let us use our work phone and computer for personal use, that doesn't mean it's private.

Grifter likes this.
  4. infatuous

My wife is in the same situation. You can set it up that way, but it seems to constantly fuck up. She ended up just continuing with both phones.

5. LMAC

_

Do you need the email or just phone?

I have the same situation but Im not required to check email when Im on call so i just Fwd the work to my personal

6. Cheddar

Cheddar
    [OP]
    Red is the New Green

Email isn't important and I can forward the phone calls. It's more about sms. I can get by with two phones but it would be nice not always wonder if someone tried to reach me while I was out.