Intermittent fasting

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Smokey, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Arod

Its a shame that you are taking that while the scientific community generally dismisses its effectiveness entirely. It barely registers above placebo. Have a number of friends who have recently completed medical school in the past few years. A few of them I still train with. They studied the use of ephedrine and other supplements extensively....They have the same general conclusion as mine;The side effects are not worth the minimal effect.

"Ephedrine and ephedra promote modest short-term weight loss (≈0.9 kg/mo more than placebo) in clinical trials. There are no data regarding long-term weight loss, and evidence to support use of ephedra for athletic performance is insufficient. Use of ephedra or ephedrine and caffeine is associated with increased risk of psychiatric, autonomic, or gastrointestinal symptoms, and heart palpitations."

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

The whole supplement industry is a scam if you ask me :o

3. LMAC

_

I just cut sweets for the most part added more cardio about 3 weeks down to 182 from 194, just figured i would try something new I also started going at 5am

4. clicker666

Older lifter

Here's a page of 20 references that contradicts you. https://examine.com/supplements/eca/#ref

There's a Canadian study that showed it's use in soldiers for increasing performance (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s004210050355), and the effect was significant. I can assure you, that in the 10 years I've been lifting and taking the EC stack that it does have an effect. Tyrosine improves focus by reducing stress (as in physical stress) https://examine.com/supplements/L-Tyrosine/. Theanine is used to eliminate the side effects of caffeine - ie - no shakes or jitters. Smooths out the experience. https://examine.com/supplements/Theanine/

5. 17

teenage dirtbag

Not to bump an old ass thread but I started IF in January since I noticed the lbs start creeping up late last year. Usually I drop it in the summer with cycling but breaking my ankle and rehabbing that put a serious damper on that activity last summer. I did some big rides right off the bat but my ankle wasn’t ready for it and it set me back.

So jan 1, I jumped into IF. 16:8 and it was going nicely but I wasn’t getting the results I was looking for, and results are my motivators, so I threw an EC stack into the mix 2 weeks ago and my data doesn’t lie, it works. My avg fasts went from 18.x hrs to 24.x. I’m currently doing my longest fast right now at 32.x and will probably break it tomorrow around the 42-44hr mark. The downside is the EC fucks with my sleep, costing me about 2 hours a night but I’m still getting 7-8 hrs.

i haven’t weighed myself and I don’t plan to because it’s not about the scale, and I don’t think I’m fat, I just want to make this a habit since I’m a bit more attentive to what I shove in my face and that will make the biggest difference

Nick84 likes this.
  6. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

What's an EC stack? :o

7. 17

teenage dirtbag

Ephedrine + caffeine used together

broke my fast at 41.5hrs :o

8. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

ahhh interesting. I've never messed with ephedrine... got a solid caffeine intake though lol

I think the longest I've gone is like 18h ... 42h is a long stretch!!

9. 17

teenage dirtbag

I don’t drink coffee or pop so I don’t really get caffeine, so I halved the dose for 2 days and then fully dosed on the 3rd and was jittering like a fuckin crackhead.
    It’s all good now tho lol

the ephedrine just straight up nukes your appetite, it’s wild

10. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

:rofl:

how many mg of caffeine? I'm not sure what would be in the coffee I drink

11. 17

teenage dirtbag

400mg. So.... a lot but I really don’t notice a difference. I also do the EC stack 2x per day starting as early as possible so it doesn’t destroy my sleep pattern too badly

12. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

oh shit yeah that is a lot :eek3:

13. 17

teenage dirtbag

I was on reddit and people are taking 200mg x3 daily and drinking coffee. One dude calculated his intake at 1,000mg+

I’m guessing he’s super productive since he doesn’t have to sleep anymore

14. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Dude could probably stir drinks with the palms of his hands