Insecure People!

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by ~SMAC~, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ~SMAC~

~SMAC~
    [OP]
    *.¸.·♥εϊз loving it εϊз°¤

Ugh.................Darryl is away for the weekend, leaving me and Zack alone. I figure what a good weekend to have a girls night. So this am I say to my best friend , why dont you and your son sleepover tonite and we will watch some movies and get drunk and the boys can do thier thing. No harm in that right????

well, her response was... " I dont know how well that will go over with **** but I will see :S "

Like , am I being silly in thinking that theres something wrong with that picture? what are we gonna do, put the boys to bed and have men over ? Give me a break, the 2 of them are insecure and cant let the other do anything!! Drives me crazy, if that was me asking Darryl.. he would be more than thrilled to have the whole place to himself for the night!

thoughts?

2. 17

teenage dirtbag

Wife and kid gone = dudes night. I'd be sending the family to your house right now :lol:

3. Kimvisible

♥ • ♠ ♣

Ya that's pretty weak.

I just seems like an excuse.

Do you know if her spouse has a problem with you?

4. Kaylahaha

It's all good.

If my s/o was controlling what I did and didn't do, he wouldn't exist in my life anymore.

But like someone else said, maybe she's using it as an excuse?

5. ~SMAC~

~SMAC~
    [OP]

no, other than the fact that I speak my mind and tell her how pathetic she and he are... nicely of course.

She will come over for tea and her kids in bed and hes playing ps3 and she will stay for like 40 mins and be like i better go so Im not in trouble,

6. Elcoopto

Maybe she has diarrhea.

7. Mrs.Vixen

Ive been in that kind of a relationship, its not cool. I feel sorry for her and him for that matter. I had the option to get out of it, obviously she has more complications....

8. ~SMAC~

~SMAC~
    [OP]

it just urks me that people live like that... I mean what kind of life is it if you cant trust someone who you wanna be with forever?

9. Mrs.Vixen

sometimes its not so much trust as he's probably an insecure prick, and thats all he thinks about while she's gone... ?

10. Beckins

No.

Controlling s/o's ftl.

11. CharmedOne

I can't really comment on your friend's situation perse since I don't know what your friend and her man's relationship is with one another.

However, I have several friends who usually check with their spouse (both men and women alike) prior to accepting invites out with friends and it's not because their spouse is controlling or insecure. It's just a matter of respect ... to make sure the other one didn't happen to have any plans of their own for the day/evening or with the family as whole.

It's not that my friends are specifically looking for permission from their partner, they just want to make sure that their going out won't interfere with anything else.

12. ingress

_

Funny you judge her but you are only inviting her over because you man is a away

If my wife decided she was going away for a night with the boy and didn't discuss it first I would be annoyed and vice versa if I am doing something outside of routine I let her know

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  13. ~SMAC~

~SMAC~
    [OP]

I do the same with Darryl. But when theres no reason why you cant go other than the fact that he cant trust her because he cant trust himself, is fucking bullshit

14. SheOfManyChildren

Maybe she doesn't want to?

I don't know, just an option.

15. ~SMAC~

~SMAC~
    [OP]

I like all of the opinions.

Its not that she doesnt want to..... esp, when she says to me "I really wanna go, but you know what hes like. He doesnt like it when I am out for a long period of time especially overnight. he gets upset because hes alone." hes not working now and he sits home alone all week and doesnt think its fair that I get to work all week then go out on weekends" ( thier son is in daycare all day during the week)

16. ~SMAC~

~SMAC~
    [OP]

far from the reality, shes over all the time and this has nothing to do with him being away.. other than the part about sleeping over. Because I am not sharing my bed with hubby and her.

You guys are all missing my point. Yes it is more than respectful to ask your s/o before making plans I understand that. If she had of said, hey , lemme see whats up and get back to you sure.

not

" I dont know how well that will go over with **** but I will see :S "

17. nb132

Drunk Batman hates you

i can try to send my wife out instead so i can play otp but she doesn't have any kids to bring(thank fuck)

18. briangtiguy

beer beer beer

i dont understand why people stay together if they dont trust each other. if you dont have that, really, what do you have?

19. nb132

Drunk Batman hates you

buttsex

20. Cooper

FTP

Wouldn't that be the definition on a trust issue? Lol

Controlling ftl. One gender is out of the house = a gathering of the other gender. Period.

Giving someone a heads up of plans and asking for permission are two seperate things. The day I'd ask for permission/want a significant other to ask for permission is the day I'd be single.

21. Cracka

high on lyfe

I'll control whoever I like. :o

22. ~SMAC~

~SMAC~
    [OP]

so I talked to her last night and she tells me its just not worth it... she goes out for one night of fun and has to pay for it for days and regrets it.

23. Codith

Bahaha, OTP FTW

24. Cayla

Swarley

It's one thing to check with your spouse and let them know where you are going.. I would never just go out with the girls and not tell Andrew what was going on.. not that he would ever tell me not to do something .. we just do it out of respect...

I think what Sarah was getting at was the part about the spouse maybe not being okay with it... what is there not to be okay with??? I would think something was a little weird with that too Sarah.. I doubt her not wanting to do it is whats going on.. if she's your best friend.. clearly she likes you hahah hell it sounds fun to me.. if I had a kid I would be right over!! hahahah

25. Cayla

Swarley

Wow.. is all I can say to that..

26. Markus

interwebz

perhaps she just truly can't be trusted??

27. nb132

Drunk Batman hates you

why keep a whore around then?

28. CyberCX

GIGGITY, GIGGITY, GIGGITY

Why did she have a kid with this guy? Was s/he a mistake?

29. ~SMAC~

~SMAC~
    [OP]

OMG guys the ?S lol

she is far from a whore, I just cant stand the guy and try my best to be civil and even pretty nice to him. She says he misses her too much when shes gone and doesnt want to feel bad. sure, I miss darryl and Zack too when I am away... but one or a few nights sure wont kill ya!

Theres a difference between not wanting to be apart because you will miss the person, but doing it and knowing it wont kill you... and just not doing it because you think you are doing something wrong when you aren't.

I guess some people have different views on things

30. thagurlnextdoor

Ryder and I will come for a sleepover sometime haha... I used to be one of those people... (So glad I am not anymore) But I think/know it's not one sided... The insecureness I mean... If that makes any sence lol

31. thagurlnextdoor

lol Wow... :eek3:

32. CharmedOne

The guy sounds like he has a little bit of a problem with co-dependence.

He needs to learn to take up a hobby and/or get himself some friends to create a life for himself outside of his relationship. He can't expect his g/f to be his only source of entertainment. It's going to either end up pushing her away or she's going to become just as co-dependent on him. Not a good spot for her to be in either way.

My ex used to be the same exact way. He'd always tried to make me feel guilty for keeping in touch with my friends. Whenever he was invited to come along, he'd say no but then complain non-stop how he was left alone. It was even a chore to try and get him to do something when it was just the two of us. He was such a homebody it wasn't funny.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  33. Elcoopto

34. Mystik

This is just sad.

I know for me that whenever my SO says she's going out with friends I enjoy the time alone.

35. Elcoopto

I like how one sentence, quoted from this fellow has started the Womens Liberation Coalition in trying him guilty of being an asshole and has brought back fond memories of assholes they used to fuck.