Income Tax Question

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by CoupeDeVille, Feb 26, 2009.

1. CoupeDeVille

illest mofo in a cardigan

Here's an easy one for all you accountants/financial guru's...

What, if anything, needs to be done differently on your taxes if you have income from 2 different provinces?

2. Jentay

nothing, use the same program, unless you are in quebec, which your not - you are fine with what you have to just use quicktax or whatever, make sure you put down that you moved and use moving expenses - consider actual costs vs. claiming mileage and meals allowance.

3. Big Al

My two provinces of employment were Quebec and NS, how much more difficult will this make things?

4. Jentay

umm it shouldnt because you didnt permanently move to quebec, so it should be all NS tax... Im only about 98% sure on this, because its Quebec and they are not the same as the rest of Canada

5. Big Al

yeh, friggin QC and their b/s. We covered residency and stuff in our tax class last year, but QC has to go and make things even more complicated..
    Ohh well I don't do my own taxes anyways.

6. Relentless

Just bring all you shit with you and I'll do it. Have to do Tinks anyway. And lucky for you you will have NS employment income meaning you claim moving expenses. Plus since you are moving back here and will work you can claim again, then again when you go back to NS in fall

7. ~*Ash*~

HALPPPP!!! I looked at the form for moving expenses and read how to do it and I am confused as fuck. Everyone told me how easy it would be, but I don't think it's easy at all...I never was good with #'s. I just want to take it somewhere and get it done because I am frustrated already, but I don't want to go to H&R Block.Does anyone know where else I can go? If I was home, My mommy would just do it for me for fawk sakes lol...any help would be great!