i already ...

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Crazy, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Crazy

Crazy
    [OP]

ok i already know how some of you feel about C.A.M thats cool we all have our own views. But i am trying to get some feed back about C.A.M , so what i am asking you to do is come visit this link i have here and give me your 2 cents on this matter , you dont have to register just make a post about this thread. But for the people who haven't heard about us follow this link www.camix.4t.com its our home page.

2. Omerta

Whats with the rules?

If theres no real advantage to being a CAM member than why would people bother following the rules/by-laws

Seems like some work for members i donno how much of a commitment you might get.

Get rid of the ads on the website looks liek your joining some cheap ass club when you visit, annoying and looks bad. High res graphics would also help, presentation is alot.

3. beaker

it licks.

4. Eisenflower

Car clubs are :gay: , therefore CAM = :gay:

5. asmd

Meh. . . . read through it a bit, and it sounds too shady to me.

No offense, but. . . I know its a car club, and all the rest, but you say in your main page that you don't need to have a car to register, just a love for automobiles, and a driver's license; I disagree with that totally, that sounds sooooo ghetto.

I current DO NOT have a driver's license, I've had it suspended since april a year ago. But, that does not make any less of an enthusiast than anyone else. Hell, I'm into cars more than most people WITH a license. I probably put motors in more cars than ANY of your "members" have ever owned. Plus, a love for cars? I've been around a huge diverse group of cars than most people. . . .

I by no means plan to join your "club" but would just like to let you though that whether I'm dropping a GSR engine into a 94 Teg or doing a ground up reference restoration on a 68 Dart GTS, or dropping an H22A into an Accord, or helping in the build up of a 650 plus HP Road Runner, that its good to know that I am excluded from any chance of joining your club since I don't have a license which I guess makes me LESS of an enthusiast then some SCHOE who drives his parents car.

That is all.

6. preludacris

Lexus IS300

It looks fake and looks like something thats used to attract 14 year old girls. Car clubs are dumb anyways

7. Trites

Sgt. Hartman

you mean like that "Aces High" shit or whatever that was posted last week. :lol:

8. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I usually don't allow people posting other forums on here, but something tells me it's a lost cause anyway :lol:

9. preludacris

Lexus IS300

What is that?
    RC's the only place that gets my business in NS! :crazy:

10. Trites

Sgt. Hartman

it was link that was posted in teh main forum last week. i think the site is down now..

11. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

:rofl:

12. preludacris

Lexus IS300

yah, but what is Aces High?

13. rice

:scratch: I know you are a knowledgeable guy, but you doing a proper restoration for the most part by yourself sounds a little funky.

14. STYLINator

Missy

:nono:

15. rice

There are guys that have been working on cars longer than I have been alive that would have trouble doing a 100% proper restoration. I wasn't saying he didn't just that perhaps he had some help.

edit: maybe I am just being a dick, however I hate it when people take full credit for a group effort.

16. asmd

Nope, sorry bout that James, I just realized now that I did write it as if I was taking full credit. Its a half and half thing. Its something that my father and I do in our spare time. And a reference restoration is hard to do. Documenting everything when you take it apart, researching when the car was made, on what assembly line, what time of day, who worked that shift, what type grease pencil for inspection marks they used, how they made their marks, which way this plug got stuck in, etc, etc. . . I must have taken well over 200 pictures of the car before we hauled it all apart.

17. rice

Yeah I was just being a dick, however if anyone who just read it without knowing you would think the same. So in a way I helped you clear the air :lol: Either way good luck with it, I am sure you probably could restore a car on your own after seeing all the cars your father and you toy with.

18. asmd

hahaha, thats okay James, don't worry bout it man. I never realized that I typed it out like that though. . . thanks for clearing it up. Everything my father and I do is a group effort.