HRM Police Press - Officer Faces Charge: A Halifax Regional Police Officer faces a cr

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Kent Brockman, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Kent Brockman

This just in, go to hell!

Officer Faces Charge: A Halifax Regional Police Officer faces a criminal charge as a result of ...

A Halifax Regional Police Officer faces a criminal charge as a result of an incident that occurred in Halifax last month.

On August 8 at 4:17 a.m., police were called to a domestic dispute involving an off-duty officer and a woman known to him. As a result of the investigation by a ranking Patrol Officer and after consultation with the Crown, charges were laid today.

Cst. Christopher Mosher, aged 26 and of Halifax, will appear in Halifax Provincial Court at a later date to face a charge of assault.

Click here for full article.

2. capette72

Where could I find the complete story regarding this post ?

3. JoeLouie

Good question. It's from almost 3 years ago.

4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

5. JoeLouie

6. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

So it is... apparently Halifax Police officers face a lot of charges :lol:

7. tribeachpunk

@tbpHFX

8. capette72

I find it so odd , that nowhere on the net , can I find the remainder of this story , this police officer is not a very nice man , and so it's imperative to me I find out as much as possible about him . It's getting so frustrating to say the very least . :(

9. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Well there's no need to take it out on your comma key.

10. Leviathan

It's all in your mind....

:pfft:

11. HW

HW

Cops protect their own.

12. Arod

PIGS LIE!

13. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

14. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

15. Hiltzy

[​IMG]

16. capette72

Thanks for the input , I really would like some help in finding the rest of this story online . I searched for hours one night and came up empty ..which is weird in it's own sense I think .

17. Hiltzy

Your best option is likely to call the herald and asking them about any articles related to this

18. HW

HW

I'm certain that you're not going to find anything more related to this article online because the report that was posted here in 2009 (by Kent Brockman) was a press release on HRP's website at that time. Although I do recall the Chronicle Herald may have written an article about it; Then again it could have been about another officer being charged with a CC offence. As Hiltz said contact them, you may have to go through the archives department and request the specific date and pay a small fee for that newspaper

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  19. capette72

Does anyone know of a postings about the recent charges that we're dropped against 2 HRM police officers last week . They were being investigated for breaking the arm of a 61 year old lady , and found not guilty by the new department created to investigate complaints brought forward by the public concerning police officers of the HRM

20. Elcoopto

Police are animals. They only want to hurt people. You can bet for sure on the way to that call they were arguing over who gets to break her arm. One time a police stopped my car and when he came up to my window I knew for sure he wanted to kill me.

21. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Yes, they were reprimanded for not breaking both arms.

22. tribeachpunk

@tbpHFX

Investigative Report into Halifax Regional Police Incident Released

SIRT
    June 22, 2012 10:01 AM

The province's independent Serious Incident Response Team (SIRT) released its first investigative summary report today, June 22.

The report deals with an incident on April 21 during an arrest by two Halifax Regional Police officers. During the arrest, a 61-year-old woman's arm was broken.

The report concludes that the officers used reasonable force and criminal charges against them are not warranted.

The report can be seen at gov.ns.ca/just/sirt.asp.

At about 7:40 p.m., police were called to deal with the woman, who was obstructing traffic at the intersection of Federal and McAlpine avenues in Halifax. Witnesses said she appeared to be in an altered mental state.

The woman resisted initial attempts by the officers, one male and one female, to have her leave the street. She then became aggressive and tried to bite the female officer. When the officers tried to protect themselves and arrest her, she resisted further by kicking at them. Her arm was unintentionally broken during a brief struggle to control her. At that point the police applied no further force and immediately called for medical help.

The investigation included interviews with 16 witnesses and the injured woman.

Information confirmed the woman had a history of violent and difficult behaviour when in an altered mental state.

Ron MacDonald, SIRT's independent director, concludes in the report that there are no reasonable grounds for charges against the officers.

"The officers' actions were consistent with their duty to use reasonable force to arrest the woman, and justified to protect themselves from her attempts to injure them," said Mr. MacDonald.

"The application of force was brief and used only for the purpose of controlling a very difficult person who had become violent and dangerous."

SIRT, which became operational on April 20, is responsible for investigating all serious incidents involving police in Nova Scotia, whether or not there is an allegation of wrongdoing. Investigations are under the direction and control of the independent civilian director. This was the agency's first case.

SIRT can independently launch an investigation or begin an investigation after a referral from a chief of police, the head of the RCMP in Nova Scotia or the Minister of Justice. It can also investigate after a public complaint.

The Police Act requires the director to file a public report summarizing the results of the investigation within three months after it is finished. A copy of the summary is also to be provided to the Minister of Justice and the police agency involved.

http://gov.ns.ca/news/details.asp?id=20120622004

23. Arod

Those savages.

24. Hiltzy

I am going to make an educated guess that some event has happened to you prevously that gives you a negative impression of law enforcement

25. capette72

I will give you 100 for that educated guess , I have a lot to consider in the next month and no idea what to do at this point with my past experience. Also , why aren't the name of these 2 officers released ?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  26. Hiltzy

Likely because they were never charged with any offence.

27. capette72

What is it with the four layers of pee-soaked clothes ?

28. capette72

I happen to like the comma key ...

29. tribeachpunk

@tbpHFX

Do I still have a signature? :lol:

30. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Why should they be released?

31. Ryan_NS

Like Cheddar said, why should or would they? Do you expect your employer to release your name to the public anytime there is an incident at your work place?

Those who needed to know the names were provided with them.

32. capette72

Signature ? Sure thing :lol:

33. capette72

If you knew the reason for me asking maybe then you would understand me better , Do you really think this woman deserved a broken arm at 61 years of age . My predicament has similar attachments to the HRP , if I could call them worse I would . I had at one time much respect for these people of the law , and that's what I will call them for now . I would love to go into it with you all , but so far nobody has given me any inkling as to suggesting they understand why I am asking all of these stupid yet pretty obvious questions . Why else do you think I would like to know the names of these officers ? It certainly isn't for the good of my health . Thanks for the input there , wine for my men , we ride at dawn :ugh2:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  34. capette72

I agree , they do protect their own , they do lie and I feel right now I am up against a brick wall with this

35. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

From the way you explained it, I'd say it went down the way it did due to how you acted when they first approached you. So based on your explanation, I'd say its your fault.

Since you're at the wall, have you thought about banging your head against it a few dozen times?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012