1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hourly Rates

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by ingress, Jul 2, 2009.

1. ingress

ingress
    [OP]
    _

i got the numbers from a government website

there are so many types of lawyers aI can see that number coming down
    and a partner would probably have a different classification for this list

as you can see and It monkey is at 33 and It manager is at 37

the list isn't that hard to undersatnd

2. Wayne

I bill myself out at $50\hr, and make $50\hr freelancing. I also make that as a full-time employee.

However, I also know a lawyer that makes less than me, and an electrician in the maritimes that makes significantly more. Averages are just that, averages.

3. Pinkette

So... In order for it to get that low... Who's the poor lawyer making minimum wage?

I understand averages just fine.

4. thunder

my av is me

If you look at the number of hours a lot of them work, you can see why it gets that low. You aren't working 9-5 unless you work for the crown.

5. Pinkette

But it specifically states its hourly rates :kekeke:

6. Cooper

FTP

Teal, are you taking law?????

7. Smokey

Is there any reason you shop at the most expensive store?

8. b-bob

It was the only one I could walk to. I was babysitting for a couple of weeks and could jump off the c-train right at the Safeway and walk the rest of the way home.

Now I can walk to Sobeys and can bus to Co-op which I will probably do come the fall when I have a bus pass.

I find safeway is great if you go without a list and buy what is on sale but when you are looking for specific things it is expensive.

9. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

Wirelessly posted ( : BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.135 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

Fuck safeway right in the fucking god damn ass.

10. Cooper

FTP

Safeway = Airmiles.

11. b-bob

Yes it does but now that I have the new toolbar and get them just for searching things, I don't even need to shop to get them. Plus Brad buys his gas at Shell and they have promotions all the time.

12. Muricane

MY AV IS ME

I can almost guarantee articling students are included in there since they have received their LLB at that point.

They make 50-60k, and work 70-80 hours per week.
    12.00 - 16.50 /hour

Keep in mind there's a tonne of articling students and there's your low average.

13. Cooper

FTP

You must get A LOT via the toolbar, because I was averaging 300 airmiles a month when shopping at Safeway. Every first Tuesday of the month you can get 10% off your order, or 10x the airmiles. The 3rd week, you get 100 miles for ever 100$ you spend.

14. Pinkette

This makes far more sense... The carpenters wage still throws me off though. Are the wages really that low for non union carpenters?

15. Cody

In cowtown co-op is the most expensive, safeway is middle of the road and superstore is cheap but too crowded and pretty ghetto for fresh stuff like veggies and meat. The wife gets groceries at sobeys sometimes but I'm not sure if they're cheap or expensive, I get the feeling they're in line with safeway.

The best place hands down to get Meat is Costco. :licklips:

16. millsey

Yes, again it's an average. Those carpenters that didn't go to school and work un-unionized make $10-12 per hour.

17. Pinkette

Glad I'm doing my apprenticeship.

For ten bucks an hour I could do some bullshit easy job for the rest of my life. I would prefer to spend my time working towards having a decent life later on instead. Ten bucks just is not really worth it.

18. b-bob

Yeah. The first Tuesday of last month I was at my school all day and then we went apartment hunting in the evening until 9:30. This month I guess we just forgot.

We were going to use that day to get condiments that we need because all that stuff adds up but most of last month we were near a Superstore on the weekend so we just picked it up then and probably ended up saving the 10%.

The first time we were went to Safeway, the cashier told the lad in front of us about the 100 air miles and we spent over 100$ and didn't get the extra air miles.

19. b-bob

Really?

I was looking at a co-op flyer and noticed that they had the huge bottles of Tide for $12.99...at Safeway a regular bottle was $9.99.

I didn't really pay attention to the prices at Sobeys but I think they were about average.

We thought about getting a Costco membership but I don't know if we would use it enough for it to be worth it. If it's good for meat then we may have to. The Sobeys by us had terrible selection for meat! All of the chicken breasts were starting to get brown on the edges.

20. Cody

Sorry for thread jacking.

I'm sure there are some items at co-op that are cheaper, all stores do that to draw people in. Might also be the part of the city you're in, the northeast tends to be cheaper (but more stabby). We're in the southwest.

Stolen from: http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...rocery_basket_080715/20080715?hub=CalgaryHome

21. b-bob

Yeah, we're in SW too