Home Security Camera System

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Wayne, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Wayne

Wayne
    [OP]

Inject them into the hate machine

Boots likes this.
  2. Wayne

Wayne
    [OP]

I know, but the Lorex system I reviewed does a really good job with it compared to others I had seen.

3. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Maybe folks in Sackville are more motivated to track down someone caught on camera. The amount of, "Here's a clear video of the perp" posted to social media around here, then some comments like, "Yeah, I think that's the same guy who has been looting around here" or even, "yeah, he lives at the homeless encampment over on 17th" is about as far as it gets. Even with all of that evidence, including, "Here's where he lives", the cops dont/wont do anything.

4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot more crime there just due to population so it wouldn't have the same effect.

5. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

The crime level is definitely at a different level and took a while to get used to. Homelessness is a huge issue that leads to a lot of the "petty crime" and some of the even worse crime. You can walk by some encampments and watch them stripping down bikes they've stolen to then turn around and sell on Craigslist. With the pandemic and not getting out as much, I sometimes forget just how bad it is but my wife and I had to get to a store last night to pick up something and ended up driving by one of the really bad areas and it's just incredible and sad... and now with the pandemic which is causing more unemployment, it's even worse than it was.

6. Grifter

Bluh?

It's no different in the communities I've lived in in Alberta. Not even huge population areas. One was 12000 people and of the car break ins or thefts, package thefts; alot of them had camera footage, clear as day. Just didn't seem like the cops could do anything.

7. chainsaw

Man when I landed in Seattle last March I was a little surprised for the first few hours. I’ve been to some big cities and some of the sights I saw were like whoa. After a few hours I was over it and absolutely loved the city lol