1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help using excel

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by kitty kat, Oct 5, 2004.

1. kitty kat

kitty kat
    [OP]

im trying to work on a math assignment by using a spread sheet in excel

i dont want to add my data in one tab at a time. anyone know how to create data columns starting for eg. 1-100 so that i dont have to type in 1, 2, 3, 4..etc???

then later on i need to insert a formula too.. ill need help with that as i get to it! :D

2. SilverMan

The Spud

type in the first few numbers in the column, then highlight them with your mouse (select all the ones that you just typed. While this is highlighted, click and hold the cursur on the lower right corner of the selection and drag down; the numbers will increase. Just drag until you go as far as you want.

3. Shafft

RC-OG

=sum(

4. kitty kat

kitty kat
    [OP]

awesome! ok got that covered...

now i want to add two numbers from columns b and c together. and have the answer displayed in the second row of column b. and then i want the second row of columns b and c added together and shown in column b row 3 etc. how would i do that??

***edit

5. kitty kat

kitty kat
    [OP]

anybody??? somebody has got to know how to implement formulas!!! :(

..i remember learning it in gr 9 computer class.. but cant remember that far back!!! :cry:

6. Lex Lucas

feels good.

click the box/rectangle/whatever you call it where you want the answer to show up. Type '=', then click on one of the numbers(in the box) you want. type '+' then click on another number.... do this as many times as you want.... when they are all selected hit the 'ENTER' button on your keyboard