Guitar Guru's

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by David Puddy, Feb 13, 2009.

1. David Puddy

yeah, that's right

I have an accoustic guitar that needs a string replaced as well needs to be put into tune, does anyone in here have these capabilities....Something tells me Music Stop would charge me a lot.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. dpwu32

Trash elf

Buy a full set of strings. It's better to replace them all at once. Sounds better. A set is only about $10.

You can put the strings on yourself. It's pretty easy. I'm sure there's a step-by-step tutorial online somewhere.

As for tuning, pick up a cheap tuner. Pretty sure you can get a basic one for $10-$15.

3. PDizzle

2legit2quit

i got a tuner you can borrow. Go buy some strings, they're pretty cheap. They could do it all at music stop for ya. You should learn to do it yourself though.

4. dpwu32

Trash elf

Fuck, for that matter, take it to MusicStop, and they'd probably be more than happy to teach you how to string it.

5. Eisenflower

It's easy to do, but like dana already said take it into MusicStop/L&M and someone there would show you how to do it in a couple of minutes for nothing. The guys at the Halifax location are great

Here's a good tutorial if you're really unsure. http://www.guitarchordsmagic.com/how-to-string-a-guitar.html

You can even youtube tuning or stringing an acoustic guitar.

6. lost

seasoned n00b

FWIW Musicstop probably wouldn't charge you too much to do it. You could get it set up while you are there. Then they would also set the intonation and action (string height) up to your preferences. But, really its easy to change strings on your own. Something you'll definitely get used to doing if you play a lot. :)

A guitar tuner with a mic is also what you need if you don't have a mic in the guitar (for plugging it into a guitar amp).

7. David Puddy

yeah, that's right

thanks guys. i'll just take it into music stop then if i'm not going to get bent over. Already been looking at Youtube, i love youtube ha ha