GSXR 1000 illeagal??

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by DJQ, May 28, 2004.

1. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

2. beaker

wheres it say turboed?

3. OJ Pimpson

Domino Motherfuckers

What's the website ?

4. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

5. beaker

cool.......but if their banning gixxers then they better ban supercars and put speedlimiters on every car/bike in the world

6. OJ Pimpson

Domino Motherfuckers

It's kinda funny to say that b/c the bike can go 200 it makes it unsafe. Just about any car on the road can go 200, but you don't see the police calling fuckin' dodge neon's or some shit like that too unsafe for the road. How fast the vech can get to a certian speed is kinda errelevant b/c almost everything out thier can get to 200+....just takes some longer than others

7. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

8. ANGELL

Triple door fridge made it kid

Yeah its all over nbriders also, craig is gonna win hands down, cops are stupid

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

The dumb fuck doing stunts is the one to blame, not the bike.

Seriously, how many of these jackasses are gonna kill themselves before they realize sport bikes are not meant for tricks :rolleyes:

10. Tony

Think Happy Thoughts!

Correction! Not meant for doing tricks while doing 200kms/hr!! that's just insane!

11. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

They're not meant for doing tricks period. Thats not what sport bikes are for.

12. Tony

Think Happy Thoughts!

I know you have your beliefs but thats kinda like saying a car shouldn't be drag raced or used for any other purpose than for regular everyday use though!

I just meant that doing anything crazy at 200 is nutz!

13. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

I'm with Tony, doing aything at 200 is nuts, heck, going 200 on a bike (not on a race track) is nuts!

14. Trites

Sgt. Hartman

if they are going to try to outlaw the gixxer 1000 whats going to happen to other bikes with CC's that high? like the hyabusa, Ninja 1200, R1, etc?

15. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

Maybe they should re-classify the bike licence, make it so that you have to have a higher level to drive a bike with a higher cc's? Kinda like you need a different type of licence to drive different types of vehicles. :shrug:

16. Rizzle

Habs>Leafs

weird he has the same name as me

17. slouse

this seems like a really good idea, im surprised something like this isnt already in place.

18. Tony

Think Happy Thoughts!

Because it's not possible! If they did this then they would have to start giving out diff. types of licenses by the size of the motor & Horse Power output in all vehicles!!

19. slouse

Something like this might work. You can drive anything up to 500cc in the first year you have your bike licence, up to 750 in the second year, 900 in the third year, etc etc.

There's just way too many kids who have never driven bikes before on gixxer 750s and 1000s

20. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

Ummm, no they wouldn't. You have to have a certain type of lisence to drive a bus, and stuff like that. A bike has less protection, so it only makes sense for there to be a "beginners" type of system for bikes. I know they have one in place now, where you can't drive after dark before a certain amount of time, but Not being able to have a certain amoutn of power without taking a more specified course only makes sense; especialy with the popularity of bikes now.

21. Tony

Think Happy Thoughts!

ok but your comparing diff. types to diff. engine sizes! Doesn't really make any sense! Like I said if they do what you suggested with Bikes then they'd have to do it for everything else! by CC or HP output!! To technical! "It'll never Fly"

22. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

I had my full license 30 days after riding for the first time ever.. Can drive all night if I want too.. It's all about self control, Ive found its way to easy to just twist the wrist and spank anything on the road. But I dont drive like that.. Just cause I can dosent mean I do .. Its all in the driver, same as a car..

23. ANGELL

accidents happen, its that simple. Get over it people

24. beaker

but they shouldent happen when dudes doing a 200kph whellie. 3 kids lost their dad cause someone thought they were being cool. The victim was just out for a ride and got creamed by some jackass just being a attention whore. now their fatherless. not as easy to get over anymore eh.....

bikes are only as dangerous as the person driving them. if your too dumb to realize doing 200 on city streets is stupid then hopefully you will hit a wall and not some poor, random peson next time.

25. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

the 20 year old had 3 kids i think.. thats fucked

26. ANGELL

27. STYLINator

Missy

I agree with you man, it might be fun and all, and cool to see but no motorized machine is made fer anything stupid such as fancy tricks, unless it is built for that purpose......................such as a race car, racing is fast, and kinda "trickt" and it is designed and safe to use it in that way!

28. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

The 20 year old killed the father of 3 kids, he didn't have 3 kids....

29. ANGELL

yeah to all the people bashing bikes, you clearly don't own one. and also since none of you know the real story about what happened your comments are worthless.

30. beaker

what real story?

-dude does stupid action
    -kills someone
    -3 kids are fatherless

its not the bikes fault, its the persons.he clearly was not thinking. he made a bad choice and now look at the outcome. but i bet if there was stricter laws preventing young inexperenced riders from doing stupid shit like this there'd be less accidents.

just think back to when dude got creamed out at the airport last year or the year before...coulda been prevented.

31. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Whether you own a bike or not is irrelavent.

32. Wolfe

p/t Firefighter - 24/7

:werd: i dont own a bike, but ive driven them and have my licence... and like ppl said, its all about self control... even highly experienced riders can have accidents if they do somehting stupid

33. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

Agreed that anyone can do something stupid, but maybe if the riders were more educated/experienced when on a powerful bike, i.e. having to take a more specified rididng course, they'd be less likely to do said stupid actions because they are more aware of the consequences :shrug:

34. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

Not true.. Accidents can happen to anyone

35. Eisenflower

North America should have the same bike laws and regulations that Europe has enforced. Experience/time banked with liscence, determines what size bike you can legally own/ride (engine/cc wise) It boggles my mind that a 16 year old can legally go get his lisence here in Canada and hop on a new Busa/12R etc etc etc.. the same day and go riding. WTF do you think is going to happen?