Garage Recommendations in Cole Harbour/Dartmouth?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Redshift, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

Well, winter will soon be in the air, so I need to get off my ass and get my winter beater ready to roll. ( It is a 1993 Acura Integra )
    It needs a bit of work, but nothing too complicated. I just don't have the time or desire to do it my self right now. (Tie rod, ball joint, some bushings, fluid change etc.)

I've always had new cars that I got serviced at the dealership, so this is kinda new for me.
    Anybody have any recommendations of a decent garage in the Cole Harbour/Dartmouth area where I can take this thing? I live in Cole Harbour and the car has no inspection sticker on it, and only a temporary In Transit Plate, so I don't feel like taking the risk of driving it any farther then I have to and landing my self a fine at a checkpoint or something.

Any places to avoid? (other then Canadian Tire, of course...)

Any advice is appreciated...

2. bluenosersx

i take my tempo to the shell station on braemer drive next to the super store (yueilles or somethign it is called)

they do good work and always are up front and honest wtih you on your car, you might pay like 250 bucks to have it fixed but hey then it is good for the winter and 250 bucks for 6 months isn't bad.

3. LIVNLRG

I'm Famous

pudgy tire! cole harbour road - always do great for me!!!!

tell him i sent ya

4. ChristopherClarke

I agree with Trev, Pudgy Tire is awesome place to go, minus PORTLAND STREET HONDA

5. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

Thanks for the tips guys. I'd heard good things about Yuille's, but Pudgey is like 2 blocks from my house.. makes it nice and convenient to drop it off. I'll drop by on the way to/from work and have a word with them.

As for PS Honda (Chris, I know you gotta wave the flag) but between them mounting tires backwards, scratching my rims, forgetting to install parts I'd PAID FOR (and then lied to about it) and them generally never doing anything other then change my oil without screwing up my car, I'd NEVER take my car to PS Honda again.
    In fact, if I had kept my SiR, I was going to start taking it to Atlantic Acura to get work done. (Anthony was the best tech Gil had.) It only went in there the last time because the tranny was under powertrain warranty... and I was two blocks from PS Honda when the tranny blew. :)

6. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

Wow... were did that rant come from? Looks like you struck a nerve... :)

7. ChristopherClarke

Dave, we've chatted about it before, I just like to promote a lil bit...

8. SilverMan

The Spud

Anthony is the only guy that I'll let work on my cars....other than myself of course

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Dave, I'll be happy when my SiR is gone and I no longer have to deal with PS honda as well.... I hope to never grace the doors of their new location :D They haven't fucked anything up on my car but the wait times for service were unacceptable.

10. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

K&B not work out for ya dave?

Yup, anthony is the only one that'll touch my ride at AA.

11. ChristopherClarke

Just a little off topic,

When you recieve a Service Follow up call from the dealership, do not hesitate to mention things that need improvment, I realize wait times are terrible, because I get my car Serviced there and on Monday I was sitting around for a lil over 4 hours, got an oil change alignment and 4 tires put on. But never hesitate to let them knwo your concerns. and Stop by the new place it is a really nice place.

12. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

Boots: I hear ya. Hopefully Steele Mazda won't get as bad for me once they move into PoS Honda's old place.

Jon: K&B is ok to do the work, but as said above, with no inspection sticker and only a transit plate, I don't want to drive the car that far.. plus getting back home would be a bitch.
    ... and you're welcome for the Anthony reference... he is the man. :)

Chris: I did. Last time I had my car in for service (which took 2 weeks... :) ) I was on the phone with the customer-sat woman for 45 minutes. Colin was then forced to send my an email apologizing and offered me a refund for the cost of my sway-bar endlink replacement as a gesture of good will. Then Accouting sent me a couple nasty letters looking for payment of the bill they had refunded as a good will gesture... and then after I sold the car it came to light that they never even did the work, and the guy who bought my car paid for it again as I understand.

13. ChristopherClarke

It was a fucked situation for sure, all I can ask is that Anyone that has a problem with the dealership realizes I work in Parts, and that they don't hold any personal grudges towards for where i work.

14. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

None held against parts. If I need Honda parts, I come to you or Steve. You guys are both great to work with, and the price is fair.
    But, if I'm buying or servicing a Honda.. well.. I'm not doing it at PoS Honda...