1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Furnace service and oil supplier

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by PirateSteve, Oct 27, 2021.

1. PirateSteve

We are moving into a new place with an oil furnace and I'm looking for some recommendations on a company to service the furnace and also an oil supplier. My folks use Ultramar for oil and their maintenance plan but it just seems a bit strange to have the guys selling you oil attempt to make your burner more efficient lol.

Coach likes this.
  2. Wayne

Maybe, but with heat pumps being popular (for good reason) I could see them wanting to keep their customers systems in top shape and continue using oil (so they have somebody to sell to).

3. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I use Quick Save Fuels. Mike Thorne owns it. What are you looking to get serviced? Just a cleaning/filter change?

4. PirateSteve

Yeah we are going to get heat pump(s) installed eventually, maybe one right away but for now the main source of heat and hot water is oil which I'm not a fan of. There is also a wood stove we will use a bit. We will have a perfect roof for solar which I'd like to look at down the road as well.

I was thinking of Quick Save as I thought that was the one Mike owns, and yeah will need somebody out early on to service it and make sure it's working correctly. I've never owned a place with an oil furnace.

5. 17

teenage dirtbag

In for this, potentially moving our office and warehouse location to a way bigger space and it’s an oil heat system with boiler and we would be responsible for maintenance