1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: 17x7 OZ Superleggeras (2 slightly damaged)

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Cody, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Cody

Cody
    [OP]

I have a set of 17" OZ Superleggeras for sale, 5x100 bolt pattern, +48 offset (Subaru, VW). Bought in summer 2002 for $470 each. 2 of the wheels are perfect, two are slightly dented from the pothole hell that is PEI. Also, the clearcoat is slightly worn on some of the spokes from road debris.

If you buy these you have 2 options:

1) Leave them as they are, see if the wheel shop can balance them out for you, I got mine rebalanced and didn't notice any vibration. The dents are mostly the outer wheel lip, as far as I can tell the wheel is not out of round. I drove on these in their current state for 2 summers (dented the first summer I had them).

2) Try to get them straightened at a pro wheel shop. I got quotes of $50 a wheel but since I had tires on them already and they worked fine I didn't bother.

I also called OZ in 2003 in the spring, at the time OZ USA told me there was a lifetime road hazzard warranty that if you wanted to replace the wheel, even if it was broken in half, they'd sell you a replacement at 50% off MSRP. I can't find any reference to that on the site now though, anyway, that may also be an option.

As I said I've been driving on these in their current state for 2 summers without a problem so I don't think anything has to really be done to them.

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story:

[​IMG]

Note the dents on the outer lips.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm asking $800 for the set.

2. Dubsta

::: pixelpusher :::

That is a sweet price for those wheels....sweet price.

When I saw the topic I thought you would be asking much more than that. Whoever buys these wheels is getting a really awesome wheel for a great price. That damage looks like nothing if you ask me.

Good luck man...should not take long.