1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fill-a-car Event (december 11) Help Unfortunate Kids at Xmas

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by onehotmama, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onehotmama

onehotmama
    [OP]

Hi Everyone,

I have been a member of the J-Body Association of Nova Scotia (JANS) for 4 years now.

Over the last two years we have incorporated an annual food drive which coincides with our annual show and shine. This year by far was the best as we were able to raise over $180 and over 341 lbs of food for the Metro Food Bank from members and participants that entered or viewed the 87 cars on display.

This year we have decided to incorporate a new fundraising event that we are hoping to be as great of a success as our Show and Shine event. Our intention is, as you probably have figured out, is to raise toys for children in support of the C100 - Empire Theatres Toy Drive.

You can help out by dropping off your toy off at Oregans Chev Olds on Robie Street on December 11 from 11 - 3 at which time we are going to try to fill a new Cobalt SS with toys.

On December 17th the JANS members will take all of the toy donations to the C100 Empire Theatres Fundraiser in Bayers Lake. (We have a prescheduled time set up with C100 for drop off).

We are hoping to have all local clubs put their efforts together and see what we can accomplish for the kids. I guess you could say it is a little bit of a challenge to see what club can fundraise the most toys. This is a fun competition though. Nobody wins but the kids.

In advance I would like to state that myself, my fellow member and more importantly the children will surely appreciate any assistance you can provide.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

2. Fr3nChY

You Guessed it.

Locked it's already in the events forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.