1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferrari F430

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Scott, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Scott

Scott
    [OP]
    rawr

2. OJ Pimpson

Domino Motherfuckers

3. Hornblower

shit that is a nice car. I like it better than the enzo thats for sure.

4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I was gonna post this yesterday... Ferrari designed another incredible car :eek: Kind of a 360 meets Enzo :eek:

5. Tony

Think Happy Thoughts!

those shift paddles suck! it's similar to the new M series BMW for the last few years! hate it!

6. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Don't lie, you'd drive it if it was an automatic :p

7. Tony

Think Happy Thoughts!

Haha no way! stick or nuthin! Nicely designed car though! cept for the afformentioned gripe

8. Scott

Scott
    [OP]
    rawr

Enlarged to 4308 cc, the engine received several internal upgrades, which include a larger, 81 mm stroke which should allow the motor to rev higher and harder. The original oversquare bore of 92 mm has remained the same. Like the F360, a flat-plane crankshaft has been used to drive the motor. It differs from a regular crank as it fires two cylinders at the same time, and has the added bonus of creating that delicious metallic Ferrari scream. With these revisions in place, the motor makes peak of 490 horsepower at a screaming 8500 rpm, while torque measures in at 343 lb-ft at 5250 rpm. Compared to old F360, the gain in power is a staggering 100 horses! Next to its direct competitor the Lamborghini Gallardo, the new Ferrari loses out on the power race, but with a specific horsepower per liter rating of 113.95 hp/L, and a power to weight ratio of 2.96 hp/kg this prancing horse is bound to win on the road. Ferrari suggests that the F430 takes under four seconds to reach 100 km/h, before topping out at 315 km/h (196 mph).

9. Eisenflower

Jesus, the designer of that car has pure sex for taste.

10. Brodus

In Sutter We Trust

sex on wheels

11. cyberphox

Sweet cars and those are gonna make nice wallaper on my desktop for me to drool over

12. John Doe

So the fact that the paddle-shift mechanisms are true manual transmissions (with hydraulically conrolled clutches) and actually shift FASTER than you ever could doesn't sway you in the least? I guess the fact that the fastest and most technoligically driven race cars in the world wouldn't concern you either, huh?

As for the car... the pics look ok. I'm not the hugest fan of what Ferrari has been doing of late.

13. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I'll take faster then human shifting for $1000 alex.

14. John Doe

You're not making baseless, ignorant statements either. :)

15. PirateSteve

Driving them off the boat doesn't really give you a good indication of how good the SMG boxes really are. After they are taken out of transport mode and you put them in the proper settings then they really perform. I like the consistancy of the whole deal, and the crispness of the shifts, but the paddle location really bums me out. I don't know if there is a way to get over that though. When the wheel is turned the paddles are no longer in the proper positions in respect to your hands. The Ferrari ones are actually mounted on the wheel, which I think is better than on the column.

All things considered, I'd take the regular 6 speed stick for an everyday driver, SMG or F1 box for the track.

16. Tony

Think Happy Thoughts!

Notice you emphasized "race drivers"

can't see them usin somethin like this with to much room for error & besides not being rugged enough to take any torture that would be dished out on them! They look pretty flimsy! IMO

ignorant statement #2

17. Tony

Think Happy Thoughts!

just so you know I was going just on functionality(BMW) & observation!!

I liked the slotted shift pattern of the older style Ferarris way better! Less margin for error!

18. John Doe

I didn't emphasize.

Yeah, what room for error? It's computer-controlled, generally "error" going to occur during human intervention. That would be all but eliminated here. As far as "flimsy" then I don't think the Magnetti-Marelli system really qualifies since that's what actually *IS* used in racing.

If you're counting your own, I think you're way off... it's time for ya'll to read up before you post. I happen to know what I'm talking about. ;)

19. Evil_Jeanyus

Invisible mode

i'd much prefer a conventional shifter and clutch (despite pats points) but i'd still give my left nut to flog that thing on a race course as-is :drool: