1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fell in love last night, she's 19. . . . by 7.5! lol

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by asmd, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Hornblower

What kind of tires are going on those.

EDIT: Sweet rims

2. Trites

Sgt. Hartman

not a fan of chrome but those are nice wheels

3. MK

MK
    Rollin Low

Nice wheels, I respect the work and taste put into the car. Just put into the wrong car. Just something about an interior that looks like it came out of a playskool car gets to be. And the body style isnt to appealing to me.

On another note. The new Cobalt by Chev looks tight :bigup:

4. Rizzle

Habs>Leafs

pimp rims
    where does he live ??
    hahah just buggin :kekeke::wave:

5. wreak

Pretty much the exact opposite of my style. That stuff might've been more cool to me in say 1998 but I can still appriciate the work and effort gone into it. The wheels would look nice on a truck or suv. But one question why the hell did he mold the front bumper? God forbid he ever needs to remove it for anything :eek3:

6. Scott

rawr

your right! what a pita! Wish it wasnt done now. But i bought it as is, so nothin i can really do.

7. MK

MK
    Rollin Low

paint it flat black and those rims will be shining. Seriously tho, flat black with a silver pearl in it looks sick.

8. J-Bro

:werd:

9. PUN

PUN
    RC OG

Shawn is one of the best body men around, I knew he was when the both the front of the car and the back of the car hit the ground numerous times while adjusting the air ride, and no craks at all, I was amazed!

10. Rizzle

Habs>Leafs

any pics of the full car?

11. PUN

PUN
    RC OG

I'll take some..

12. Eisenflower

Is this going to be a trailer queen show car only? I pittah the driver if it's going to be a daily driver, on air struts. :shudders:

13. One_Trick_Pony

former RC member.

and driving that car in and out of the driveway for Double Z...... that'll be a bitch...

14. asmd

asmd
    [OP]

Car should be finished up ready to roll for the road first week of June, which leaves a little under a week to figure out any bugs should there be any. Then, its off to the Jbody Bash on the 10th-11th in St. Thomas Ontario (1hr south of toronto). And as for being a daily driver on air struts? where's the problem at? Common misconception is that air struts prove for a hard, firm, bouncy ride. This is when purchasing cheap kits, or when buying older kits. Same thing as saying that coil overs are junk and ride like crap, sure the 1000 dollar air ride kits ride like shit, but the much more expensive true air ride setups ride a lot nicer. A decent quality air ride setup runs about 3500 and up.

and as for the front bumper being molded in, show it can be done and made to look clean and solid. I myself wouldn't of done it, but, its what the owner had wanted of the car. No worries bout scrapping, or cracking it, we slammed the car on the ground HARD last night and NOTHING broke at all, the kit is held on there amazingly strong.

15. asmd

asmd
    [OP]

Pics from last night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ANGELL

Triple door fridge made it kid

what are them 18's on there now, convertable?

17. asmd

asmd
    [OP]

Yes they are, 18" MR-7s. They're actually from his wife's car, but were thrown on the vert to check for clearance since the Foose rims are close to the same offset.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  18. twisted civic

nice wheels, real foose wheels = kool

19. shaun

Freedom 27

When she's finished, contact me for some photos!

20. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

car is gross imo... foose wheels are kinda cool though I guess..

21. doublezed

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the comments/compliments good or bad. Just to let everyone know, wether you care or not, I am doing this car for me and constructive critisizm is cool, bashing i dont like. I do thank ASMD for posting this, I like what I am doing to the car, not that it is gonna be everyones taste, but................I wanted to have the kit moulded in complete because i like the look and i have a very good and talented bodyman at my disposal 24/7 basically. I like the wheels and thats all that matters to me! I like my cars, wether its my cavalier convertables, my 4dr cavalier, my gmc truck or my chev lumina van. If i didnt like them i wouldnt own them. Not everyones taste, but it is mine! And if i was doing this just for you guys that dont like my car i can just imagine what my car would look like in my eyes. Any ways your comments are welcome, good or bad..............Its not gonna change my mind as to how i feel about any thing i drive or work on, on a daily basis.

Thanks again

Brad

22. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Welcome to the site ;)

23. PirateSteve

Do you plow driveways on the side?

I'm kidding, glad you like it. Just remember that what you consider bashing and what some of these guys consider THEIR opinion are one and the same. My personal opinion is that I would have spent the money on real performance upgrades instead, but again that is my opinion.

I always assumed that a show car was made to show off....to other people. If you didn't care what others thought, why would you do it.

24. 24dsx-ual

obeyurcrotch

Because he doesn't care what others think....

Personally it makes me sick, and I agree more go is better.

25. 95maxima

nice rims man, props on all the hard work being done to your car, its definataly looking like a one of a kind cavy. (Even though i or other people wouldnt have taken the same route as you, no reason to bash). Whats your cardomain site for updates of pics of your caR?

26. doublezed

Yeah, but there is no reason to be rude, right? As far as performance goes, I think the twin turbo set up will be enough on top of the 24 valve v6 that is under the hood, a decent up grade. Show car, yes, do i want people to see it, yes, do i want people to tell me what they think, yes. I dont feel, however, people should be rude about it. Maybe just me, but thats not how i am. If i dont like it, then i say, i dont like it. They want reasons, ill give em. It all boils down to constructive critisizm, and i dont mind it.

27. doublezed

Where exactly did i say that? If i didnt care i would have asked steve to not post my car any where without my permission. Of course i care what people think, just dont want people to be rude about it, i dont think there is any reason for it. If i pissed some one off then........yeah they can be rude because i deserve it.

28. doublezed

www.cardomain.com/id/98zconvertable

and

www.cardomain.com/id/doublezed

Thanks, and i just wanna state that i hope that im not coming off as an ass or anything, just tell me what you think. Im a big boy and can take it:bigup:

And thank you too BOOTS

29. 24dsx-ual

obeyurcrotch

Dude I was trying to tell him you built the car the way you did because thats what you wanted, and not because it was what others like. Cry, cry real hard. :rofl:

30. doublezed

Sorry if i misunderstood you, just tryin to clarify myself

31. PirateSteve

Yeah he edited the quote to make it sound like that one was aimed directly at you when it was a blanket statement I made about all show cars. I just feel that guys who build show cars are looking for attention and acceptance from others, otherwise they wouldn't build show cars, they'd build race cars. Right?

32. Trites

Sgt. Hartman

i donno...now that i've seen pics of the whole car its not my style for sure...but ya can't really bash it...lots of time/effort/coin sitting there so props to that!

33. 24dsx-ual

obeyurcrotch

You're trying to say this wasn't aimed at him? :kekeke:

34. bass_head

Topdawgg blows goats

is that a camaro z28 spoiler molded???

the car is not my style either, but i respect the amount of work that is into it and it will be different for sure! if your goal is to create a car that will stand out and catch alot of attention, you have definately succeeded and congrat's!

35. PirateSteve

Again, it is in a separate paragraph as to not cause confusion to those who get confused easily (you). If I had been directing it at him I would have said "he" not "you". Anyway, thats what I meant, and not that I care really, but I don't have to convince you now do I.