1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fat Burners...

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Smokey, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Smokey

Smokey
    [OP]

Anyone have any experiances with legal/illegal fatburners, anything from ephedrine/caffiene/aspirin up to things like clenbuterol etc...I don't want to get any bigger, just trim off maybe 7-8lbs of fat...I don't have time to get to the gym, but my job is physical enough that i get more than my fair share of daily exercise.

2. r6bikerchick

Banned

Coincidentally, I had a convo with a girl working at a supplements shop about this very subject this afternoon. She recommends a product called Lipo-6 - it's a thermogenic fat burner, and supposedly very effective. I think it's ephedrine-free.

Stuff like that still scares me, legal or otherwise. I'm afraid if I took one I'd have a heart attack while swimming and drown or something equally fatal.

But check it out, if you're interested http://www.netrition.com/nutrex_lipo6_page.html. I saw it at a Popeye's Suppelements.

3. Stallion

My friend was a pro-lifter.. he took a pill called a "red-rocket", he said they were a wicked fat burner. They're illegal tho, so if you have a connection, ask them if they know anything about red rockets.

4. LMAC

_

I don’t know about these, they speed your heart rate up too much, im not actually sure what they do, but just take a second and think about, if you actually could loose weight form a bottle, you'd think more people would be taking them.

I thought red rockets were more of an energy pill?

5. r6bikerchick

Banned

Well, I think the pills only work to boost the percentage of fat lost out of total weight lost through eating right and exercising. Smokey's job is fairly physically demanding, so that takes care of the exercise part. The other key would be to watch fat intake. Eat a lot of lean proteins and high-quality carbs and drink drink drink drink water. Aim for 3-5L/day.

6. ~*SuzieQ*~

7. Cupid

Banned

I wish JP would reply to this and give some advice... I was thinking about trying something soon now that I'm back at the gym

8. MK

MK
    Rollin Low

Whats the sense in wasting money on something you dont need? If you want to burn fat, starting eating right and get out and run run run.

Fat burners are used for weight lifters who have a tiny bit of fat that they want to get burned off or simply to become more defined. If your a little over weight and you want to loose the weight get out and go for a run. Thats the only advice I can give you. Id say the best fat burner is a determined mind and a willing body.

If you need a little boost throw a few cafien pills down the hatch and that will get you hyped up.

9. LMAC

_

werd mk werd

10. r6bikerchick

Banned

:O for once, I am 100% in agreement with MK. Well, except maybe for the "run" part. Just get out and move - run, swim, jog, skip rope, learn to dance, ski, snowboard, snowshoe, whatever gets the blood pumping.

11. Cupid

Banned

This isn't meant to try to argue with you... but if that's what they're meant for how come they're marketed towards people that want to lose weight?

Are they beneficial at all to someone who wants to drop 20 or so lbs who is going to the gym pretty much daily?

12. LIVNLRG

I'm Famous

thats 100% correct!!! although suppliments are a multi-billion dollar a year industry!

13. preludacris

Lexus IS300

Its all marketing, that stuff don't work

14. MK

MK
    Rollin Low

In my honest opinion, someone in that situation could try it and out of say 10 people 1 or 2 people may come out with the results they want. I have seen it time and time again.

Ive seen people almost die in the gym, its just something the body doesnt need. Especially someone who isnt use to high intensity work outs. All fat burners do is make you work harder to burn the fat off. And if your not use to working out hard your body is going to want to skits out if your on that shit.

When I was out west one guy was on red rockets and some kind of fat burners. He had a heart attack right in the gym and almost died. Anyways like I said if you want to use that shit work yourslef up to it first.

I dont reccomend it at all. And just because something is marketed towards someone doesnt mean it will work. People go where the money is, and fat people (not saying you are fat) are suckers for this kind of stuff. Just get in the gym get determined to do it and you will.

Ryan

15. Mitch

i agree with ya ryan, but smokey has zero time to go running, he works, comes home, eats,sleeps,works...even if he did, he's too tired from work, he just wants to drop 10 lbs or so quick, then keep it off at work...i dunno much about fat burners, but i think thats what he meant.

mitch

16. Sasquatch

Closer to the inevitable.

replace lunch or dinner with only oatmeal for a month.

that is all.

well, it's not "all".. .lol. eating healthier is gonna drop the pounds.... (beer too)

17. Crimson

How's his diet... if he gets enough exercise, then his diet is what needs to be fixed. Besides even if he were to miraculously lose weight on that crap, it would just come back without a change in lifestyle- fast.

18. Mitch

his diet is good, not great, but not bad, he gets some exercise from work, but thats all he has time for.

19. MK

MK
    Rollin Low

The key to loosing weight is to get your blood pumping at a high level for a long peroid of time.

Lifting a pipe here and there then walking 10 ft or whatever wont do it. Yo ugotta get out and run your hole off, or walk like 7 days a week. Something that gets your cardio up.

20. MK

MK
    Rollin Low

Something else I find really funny, is when someone goes on a diet doesnt loose weight and over the whole process doesnt work out or run. Then they wonder why there was no weight loss. You gotta put 2 and 2 together. Diet and exercise = loosing weight.

21. TLC

TLC

I would never use any of the "super fat-burning" bullshit on the market. The only healthy way to lose weight is eating right and exercise.

22. TLC

TLC

lol the body does not work that way. A person MAY lose a few pounds that way, but they will come right back.
    You're right in the last part. It's about the right foods and portions! And really, it takes finding what's right for YOUR body...because it can vary.
    I may not currently follow what I say, like I should lol... but I've studied all this crap so much. If people would just educate themselves more on this stuff, they wouldn't be so confused (or looking toward pills that are illegal for a reason to "help" them). I see so many questions in this forum that show how uninformed otherwise intelligent people are on how the body works.

23. Duggan

Fat burners will help you to lose the weight but once you get off them you will simply go back to where you were before hand if all your habits are the same. If your looking to use them to look good for a period of time, IE a trip, competetion, whatever, they are fine but once you get off them you pretty much back where you started.

24. turtle beach

retired

yea....:happysad:

25. Arod

I lost 30lbs this summer working and not training one bit. Mind you atleast 15 of that was muscle mass but the rest was some excess that i needed to get rid of. That being said I have gained back 20 since i have been home lol.

26. NameLeSS

this is a good one.

[​IMG]

27. JP®

When you use the above method with a good fat burner, it works twice as quick tho.

28. JP®

Clenbuterol is very effective.

Of all the things ive used on a cutting cycle, this stuff is pretty hard to beat.

Ive also used some topical stuff, but its super harsh.. Bad breath, night sweats, its bad shit, and I wouldnt ever use it again I dont think.

Another alternative is yohimbine(sp?) Ive never used it, but hear good things about it.

I tend to stick with what works for me, and cardio + clen + a high protien low carb 500 cal defecit diet will allow me to drop a pound a day.

29. r6bikerchick

Banned

How the heck does a 500 cal deficit = a pound a day?

30. Smokey

Smokey
    [OP]

bigup to JP for being the only one who answered my question, and ya that yohimbine shit is supposed to work well also.

31. JP®

With cardio and drugs, its not hard. I dropped 15 lbs in 2 weeks the last time i used it.

32. N / A

I've tried alot of shit (almost went Clen a few times but was scared about getting legit shit). The origional hydroxycut worked wicked but that was a long time ago before all the ephedrine hype got out, I know the formula has changed alot since then. Granted I trained alot and did a ton of cardio, I lost crazy weight on the burners.

As for Clen, the guys I know who took it lost weight so fast it was scary, it cant be good for you...I mean it is a vet drug

33. JP®

Clen is wayyy safer than most of the OTC fat burners.

34. Arod

Clen would be a waste if your nutrition isn't SPOT on. And if the diet is dead on you may not need it anyway.

If you are looking for a low cal diet i would stay far away from Clen.

IMO a great spot to check out info on Clen is www.anabolicminds.com

35. TLC

TLC

Fat burners are NOT SAFE, period. Lose weight the real way guys. It's the only way to keep it off and avoid a nice heart attack in the process. You may lose a little quicker, but the risks just aren't worth it. And do not be naive in thinking any of them are safe.