Fastest Street Legal Car in Halifax?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by preludacris, Sep 28, 2003.

1. preludacris

Lexus IS300

Who got it? And what can it do?

2. slouse

in a straight line? prolly one of those crazy mustang guys, or one of the ferrari's

3. Banned/Deleted User

mine :D
    OH, I thought you said Slowest car.. my bad :D

4. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

One of my brother's clients owns a Turbo Carera (sp) not many people know it's in halifax... sweet car, can go on a F1 Track straigght from the factory....

5. Eisenflower

Depends what your definition of the fastest car is:

Top speed, 1/2 mile, 0-60 etc etc??

6. Banned/Deleted User

well, since racing in a straight line isnt racing.... :rolleyes: Theres too many factors to be added up to decide what the "fastest" is..

7. preludacris

Lexus IS300

quater mile

8. preludacris

Lexus IS300

Not top speed....I imagine top speed would be a Ferrari or whatever Porsche we got around.

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I saw a sweet turbo 911 (black) at the park a couple summers ago with ShafftsGSR. I'm sure that thing would haul ass.

The fastest car in Halifax is some car that is tucked away in a garage somewhere that none of us know about.

10. KennyG

Why not change it to faster car in halifax on this site? :)

11. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

there is a guy with a pro street nova that is rumored to be in the 8's.

Thats fuckin fast! And it is totally street legal....

As for on this site, I'm the fastest. Bar none. I'm runnin in the low 17's on street tires. Wait till the spring when I get my 2000 rpm launch down.

12. drose

There's a guy working at a muffler shop here that runs 10's all day long on engine... and with NOS could hit 9's easy.... completely street legal and taken to work many days of the summer.

13. bluenosersx

who and what car is that?

14. drose

Paul... something... it's a green early 90's 5.0L hatchback.

15. Leviathan

It's all in your mind....

I have a Porsche.......

I'll tell ya, these sumbyatches are not that fast off the line, even the newer Turbo's are not super quick off the line. But that is not what they were built for.

I raced some Turbo Civic the other night and he stayed with me right away and then actually pulled from me for a bit till we shut it down. We were up to like 120+ on Sackville Drive! I need a new Throttle Position Sensor, so I can't go full throttle or it will bog - but I have to give it to the Civic, it was quick.

Now if I were to take the Porsche (944S, by the way) out on the highway, there isn't much (except some good tuners) that can blow me away. Mustangs die off and all my power is at 6000 RPM, so even when I'm running out of revs, the power is maxed.

As for corners - not to brag, but the 944 is pretty much one of the best handling cars I've ever driven. I still haven't plowed into a corner that I haven't made my bitch. If a car pulls on me, all I have to do is wait till we hit a corner, then it's all over. Even 911's don't do the corner thing like the 944. Engine in front, tranny in back.....perfect balance.

I'm Supercharging my 944S soon. Right now it has around 215 horses (chipped,...that's all). It's only a 2.5 ltr, 4-banger, but the "S" is the 16 Valve model, so that extra breathing helps a lot. Amazingly, I could get this 4-banger up around 450-550 horses with the Supercharger, some crank and piston work and some independant fuel management. I'd like to be able to run in the 10's eventually.

Leviathan

16. midden

I LIKE TO EAT MITTENS

ughghghg, whoever just said that their car does 17s and is the fastest, i hope they were joking :rolleyes:
    i know a few people who can do 15's with just a stock motor, and a turbo to you're average day mazda.

17. Banned/Deleted User

I've beaten several Porsche 944's in my Teg.. I was rather surprised..

18. drose

I think I could give you a good run on the highway ;)

19. Davan

do what now?

There's a turbo'd fox body mustang here in Calgary that just ran a 9.42 in the quarter two weekends ago, that I saw. Blew my mind! Fully street legal. T76 turbo. He said he's going with a T88 for next season.

Keep in mind this is at 3500 feet elevation too.

20. MK

MK
    Rollin Low

Well up here in BC my room mate has an 85 Saleen Mustang in total with NOS it has close to 800hp. Not sure of the quarter mile time but we had it going 260 on the highway and in town we were hanging with street bikes. Its full drag race|streetlegal has a roolcage and all that shit. Its a crazy car.

21. Banned/Deleted User

Mustangs are really easy to make fast, but I just think (and this is only my personal opinon) they are ugly as HELL.. I suppose if your just going for speed looks dont really matter though :shrug:

22. MK

MK
    Rollin Low

I agree man!!!

23. Eisenflower

Well, if you want to go for relatively cheap, fast performance in a straight line your best platform is going to be a RWD car obviously (mostly american muscle cars) since they fit into the go fast aspect so well.

24. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

What did the civic look like??? Was it orange with a kit??? Garber?

25. pmachan

New 911 Turbos not quick off the line???? WHAT? Compared to what?

About the 944, 215hp is 215hp, you come up against a car with more hp and similar weight, you will go down, period. I have no idea what you mean about the max power at 6000 and the power being maxed when you run out of revs stuff???

26. Anarki

Om nom nom.

Im with Paul on this one again, when you are comparing cars you have to be more specific. A newer 911 turbo or not is dirty fast off the line one from the early 80's usually is not. When people go on about beating a 5.0 Mustang in their basically stock Civic Si or GTi or whatever take a closer look at what you are racing. An 83 5.0L stock is slow, a 93 however is not, sure it looks like a Mustang and says 5.0 on the side but you really cant compare the two cars for performance, you need to dump some dirty money into your 2000 Civic to beat a 2000 Mustang hands down. Just remember, its not what kinda car you are running, its the guy with the most money to blow who wins the race! :bolt:

27. Shafft

RC-OG

i know Armstrong has an 8 second Opel

28. droopy

and his brother john has an 8 second camaro, but niether are street legal....be cool as fuck if they were though....

29. Mitch

that yellow and purple 5.0 in sackville is pretty quick.

30. LIVNLRG

I'm Famous

hummm - not too many of thoes around - you sure???

31. beaker

hes in sackville......long story....ask someone tonight

32. Leviathan

DJQ - don't be too suprised you beat a 944. Remember, these cars are 15-17 years old. The base model 944 (non-16 Valve, non-Turbo) only does the 0-60 in around 7.5 seconds and the quarter mile at around 15.8 at 90 mph. Their top speed is only around 137 mph. Now as for the 16 valve (like mine), the 0-60 drops to 6 seconds and the quarter mile is around 14.5 at 102. Next I will be getting a 944 Turbo.......these suckers do the 0-60 in under 5 and the quarter mile at like 12.9 or something - and that is stock. They can easily be made to get 500 horses with little work. They are sick!! Most newer cars can take the base model under 80klms/hr - but in the higher revs and higher speeds, they are more comfortable. They weren't built to drag, they were built to corner and tour. You have to hand it to Porsche engineering. Superb handling is one of the Porsche 944's claims to fame. It's an easy car to drive fast. Press a Porsche 944 through the turns, and quickly you experience a new level of handling precision that has more potential than you, the driver, can extract -- unless you have had some driving instruction. The low mass of the front-mounted aluminum-alloy engine is nicely balanced by a rear-mounted transmission.

With a front-to-back weight balance almost exactly 50/50, the Porsche 944 has been regarded as one of the best handling production cars ever produced. You can still make a 944 swap ends, however, if you execute a screaming brake stomp and twist the wheel on a narrow curvy road while lifting throttle. So don't do that. Take it from me.

pmachan - I hear ya....when I said that even the newer Turbo Porsches are not that fast, I figured I'd get a few, "What!!!!???" replies. Keep in mind, I'm saying they are not that fast in comparison to how fast they could be off the line. The fastest Porsche right now is the 911 GT2, which does the 0-60 in 3.6 and the QTR mile in 11.6, that isn't THAT fast in comparison to what else is out here. Porsche doesn't focus on 0-60 times. Remember, it's not an American company. Mind you, newer Porsches (except the crapbox Boxster) are FAST, but a WRX can stay with them off the line. The speeds may be the same, but also remember...one is a Suburu and one is a Porsche, after the initial off the line start, the Porsche engineering takes over in the handling, etc aspect. Real race cars don't go fast in a straight line only, it's about lap time. Here is an example.....a Z06 Corvette will absolutely KILL a 944 off the line AND on the highway, but in auto X's, the 944 usually bests the Z06 in lap times ever so slightly. How can such a weak car beat such a powerful car? Cause the Z06 has to slow down for corners. What I mean about max power being at higher revs is that the 944 PEAKS it's power at 5900 RPM, so it's still climbing all the way up into the high revs. It redlines at 7000, so there is an extra 1000 RPMs that don't really do much. On most "sporty" cars, like Tegs and Civics - the power peaks at like 4000 RPM (if that), so if you redline at 6000, you have 2000 RPM's that are useless. So, a car with 215 horses that peaks at 5900 will beat a car with 215 that peaks at 4000. See what I'm sayin'??

LIVNLRG and billybob - the Civic I raced was black. I'm positive it was turbo'ed cause I could hear it. It wasn't that pussy fake blow-off valve sound you can get. Anyone who knows anything about cars can tell the difference. The girl I was with kept asking me, "What is wrong with his car" cause it was hissing and popping. The ONLY reason I raced him was cause I haven't seen too many Turbo Civics and I wanted to see what it would do. Another reason I know it was Turbo was cause it pulled on me after 95 Klms and Civics can't do that normally. I could hear it spooling up. I kept saying to myself, "What are you doing!!!?? You can't go WOT and he is pulling away!!". I didn't bother me much cause I think I could stay with him or beat him when I have the ability to floor it. I don't race much as it is. Too dangerous and I like corners way better that just going fast in a straight line. If I had a Mustang, I'd be more about the straight line thing, but I have a Porsche, so it's all about G's to me.

If anyone from Sackville see's me on "the strip", say "hi" (I'm the only Red 944S around) and I'll take ya for a spin in the Porsche and show how fun it is to go thru those short twisty corners behind Sobey's at 60 klms/hr. Make ya poop you're pants it will!

Leviathan

33. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

:lol: a Honda that peaks it HP a 4000 RPM ? :lol:

Everyone knows you gotta wind a honda the fuck out to hit your peak.

34. Eisenflower

[​IMG]

35. Leviathan

96accordEX - I see buy the big blue face that something is wrong. What is it?

Leviathan