Enzo Info

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by 4G63, Jul 5, 2004.

1. 4G63

4G63
    [OP]
    Got Boost ?

So tonight the topic of the enzo ferrari came up.
    People were saying they seen a TV show or something that showed some price numbers on the maitenece and such.
    numbers like 7000$ for an oil change :o
    20,000 for a brake job ? :o

These numbers cant be right ? I understand that if you can afford the car you can afford the maitenice but are the numbers these people say right ?
    7 Grand for an oil change, come on now......
    Ive looking for some info but came up with nothing.
    anyone have any info on this ?

2. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

Did you see the show? in order to do an oil change, half the car has to be taken apart.

I don't know about the break job, But of that $20k, $10-12K is probably parts.

3. Winter Hill Gang

n00d

Yeah ... I saw that show ... It was like $26K for a brake job ... what do you expect with, what do they have 18" discs, or something ...

4. AcidGord

That and the brakes are entirely ceramics and carbon fibre. These ain't recycled iron Altrom "OEMish" parts they're putting on these cars. :)

5. Daver

saw enzo on daily planet today. its 25 grand for a break job... didnt say anything on oil change but i heard something between 5-7 grand

6. kellbakes

why not..?!

7. John Doe

It uses specific oil, and lots of it. It also has special filters, etc.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me, a Porsche GT2 will set you back $27,000USD on brake disks alone. This is limited-production, high-tech shit...

8. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

and if you can afford either of those cars, the price of maintenence is a moot point

9. John Doe

Exactly.

It's like bitching about a brake job on an M3. Don't like it? Shouldn't have bought it. The Japanese make something else you could spend your coin on that'll be mass-prouced and not nearly as special I'm sure.

10. PirateSteve

A brake job on an M3 is almost reasonable to the avg person, somewhere in the $8-900 cdn range. With regards to the oil change on the Enzo, I'm sure there is some key words left out by the publication just for shock value. The oil change most likely coincides with a major service of most of the fluids and operating systems of the vehicle. You wouldn't bring it in just to dump new oil in it. You'd bring it in every year to get it all looked over. The BMW service II is somewhere in the $1000 range if you get all the items checked. Also the lifespan on those Enzo brakes I'm sure is at least twice the avg or more. Quite possibly the active life of the vehicle on one set of brakes. Unless it is tracked often, which it should be :D