1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

How are you going to be such a big supporter of the party of religious freedom and then shit on someone for saying something that's tied to their religion?

2. KMD

KMD

As a sitting Canadian Minister she should have known better considering Canada's history with the Taliban and the losses we have faced and the current situation we are in.
    I think she is just making an excuse for a poor decision after stepping in shit.

briangtiguy and Grifter like this.
  3. KMD

KMD

Well thank you for your service.
    What branch?

4. C. Mike Hunt

My career in the Canadian Army took me to no fewer than three of those big grey things that float around in the ocean. The joys of being a support trade.

KMD likes this.
  5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I think you're jumping over a tiny little thing because making some kind of issue or scandal for the liberals is the only thing your 'team' seems to have to offer in this election.

6. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Fuck cancel culture!

Wait, not for her. Cancel her and her entire political party!

7. KMD

KMD

No I am not counting anything it's way too early yet, but these things don't help the liberals one bit

8. KMD

KMD

It was one of your liberals that said this so these "tiny little thing" turn into BIG things

9. Goodson

I love seeing people bicker like the party they are defending doesn't have a list of lies/failures that could fill up the Metro Center.

Each party lies. Always has, always will. Look at their track record, not what they are promising to do when they are elected.

If you are swayed by a campaign promise, you are a gullible idiot.

Grifter and KMD like this.
  10. Grifter

Bluh?

As someone who has served for this country, I agree with you.

briangtiguy and KMD like this.
  11. KMD

KMD

GoodsonGoodson of course they do. If anybody thinks they don't they are a fool :lol:
    Go back and look at all the 2015, 2019 promises Justin is just retelling them now, Erin and Jagmeet are just telling new ones.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    Grifter likes this.
  12. Grifter

Bluh?

I understand this. And I've tried to do the same. Still do. I'm by no means a racist individual. I give everyone a fair shake and enjoy learning from each culture. But there's a difference in shia Muslim and suni Muslim. Then there's those who believe in sharia law. And anyone who believes that their god is better than my god and they'll kill me to prove it? They don't get a pass in my book. Maybe she should have educated herself in that before she went and called them "her brothers" to the rest of the country.

briangtiguy, KMD and Nick84 like this.
  13. Grifter

Bluh?

I mean seriously guys, like fuck! You're defending someone who called the same people who have killed literally hundreds of Canadian soldiers, thousands of Americans... Friends of my family, loved ones to many Canadians... This woman just called them her brothers! I don't give a flying fuck if it's because she's Muslim!

Does that mean that anyone who's German can start flying swastikas and praising "mein fuhrer" in the media if they are NDP and it's OK, because they have family in their religion who served in the fucking luftwaffe but they didn't hurt anyone? And it's all good cause we went to the same church????

It's ok cause they said it as a reference to make a point that we should respect people of the same religion and those are the values we preach! They went against it but I'm still going to call them a term of fucking endearment!! But they were uhhh. Ummm bad.

:rofl:

14. 17

teenage dirtbag

this is a retarded comparison, and just furthers the manufactured outrage that conservatives love spoon feeding each other. You are way too invested emotionally in this election, hopefully you’re not going to lose your shit if Trudeau doesn’t go anywhere

Grifter likes this.
  15. Grifter

Bluh?

Meh. Im not this fired up in person. It's all good. I guess I use this as my outlet. I just really want Trudeau out and obviously it shows. :lol:

16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Her use of the term brother isn't a term of endearment. She is speaking to them as fellow Muslims probably in the hopes that treating them as such may not hasten an already very bad situation for Canadians and our allies in Afghanistan. Her calling them infidels isn't going to help our people on the ground who need out of there ASAP.

17. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Glad grifter and kmd aren't managing our foreign affairs lol

18. KMD

KMD

The Taliban have already said the 31st is the deadline that they are giving for "safe" passage and that is it. Do you think a woman from Canada is going to change their mind, Biden has already tried to get them to extend that date and they flat out said any occupation after that date is an act of war.
    They are already cracking down on the check points of vehicles going to the airport.

Grifter likes this.
  19. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

The problem with people on the extreme left and extreme right is they don’t realize they are on the extreme and think everyone is equally divisive. Some people actually let their value dictate their side, rather than their side dictate their values. I don’t understand why some people on here feel that it’s their duty to point out all the bad things an opposing party did. You are not going to change anyone’s mind no matter how many memes you post.

TheOldskoo, Wayne and Grifter like this.
  20. Grifter

Bluh?

You're on to something. I'll give you that.

21. Grifter

Bluh?

Oh I'm never going into politics. :lol: have tendency to call it as I see it. Luckily in my line of work it earns respect and has gotten me far. Were I a politician id have a tendency to push for our country to once again be respected as a nation and earn back our spot as in possession of a highly trained, well equipped armed force that earns respect from other world powers. And in my push to do that, I'd likely offend quite a few people and if its the wrong person at the helm of our country I'd definitely get the boot! :lol:

22. 17

teenage dirtbag

Yeah my earlier post about tax money being spent the wrong way, this is what I’m talking about

Grifter likes this.
  23. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I'd much rather see us tackle some of the issues we are facing here in Canada (climate change, housing crisis, etc). How our military appears to others isn't even on my radar personally. I'd rather our country be respected as a great place to live. Which it is :cool:

24. Grifter

Bluh?

And I'm not saying your wrong. I may not even be right. This kind of debate I don't mind. And even enjoy engaging in. Neither one of us threw mud. Go team. :lol:

25. Grifter

Bluh?

Different strokes man. Thats not ALL I'd do. I'd repeal the gun ban. I'd tighten our immigration laws, try to get the inflation down and undo all the spending Trudeau has lined up and get to work on the economy etc etc. But, I'm never ever going into politics. I'd rather armchair quarterback it. That way if I'm wrong I only fired up some folks on rc, no real consequences. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    KMD likes this.
  26. 17

teenage dirtbag

if there’s any spending towards military services, it should be vets. They get fucked over no matter what party is in charge. Seeing that and the absolute shitshow of Afghanistan, I have no idea why someone would want to join the forces these days.

We could probably cut military spending by quite a bit and use that towards other issues inside our own borders rather than being little brother to America World Police.

C. Mike Hunt, Grifter, Boots and 2 others like this.
  27. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Technically we could get away with very little military. Our neighbor is a bit of a gun nut. We are as safe as they are just because of our location. If anyone was to fuck with us, the US is gonna be standing beside us :o

28. Wayne

Not a fan of US track record on how they "help" other countries. So I prefer our own military but within reason.

KMD likes this.
  29. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I know the gun ban is not perfect and I’ve but my tongue over the mocking it’s received here but having spent the last 5 years in a country that is afraid to institute *any* gun laws, repealing firearm restrictions is not something you should be concerned about.

And, honestly, spending more on the military when there is so much else going wrong in the world right now is one of the most messed up set of priorities I think I’ve ever heard.

30. Grifter

Bluh?

I guess you haven't heard about our involvement in Afghanistan? :scratch:

31. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

My take on the gun ban is yeah it’s stupid, and really it does nothing, BUT, it has no direct implication to our quality of life. I’m not concerned about needing a gun for security and those guns that were banned have not resulted in someone no longer being able to do what they did in the past. It’s like banning all blue cars. It’s absolutely pointless, and means I have to sell my blue car, but you can still do everything you do do with a blue car, in a read car. It made me lose faith in the judgement of those in charge, but didn’t make my day to day living any worse. It’s more about what stupid thing will they do next that actually does impact me.

Long/short is I don’t see an urgency in repealing it, but I do see an urgency in making sure the spontaneous short sighted decisions don’t continue.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    briangtiguy, Grifter and Boots like this.
  32. Grifter

Bluh?

Fair. I agree with most of that.

33. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Yes, I have - a 20 year un-winnable war where the answer was not, "a bigger military would have solved this".

Life is nuanced, the solution to things is not always a bigger hammer.

34. Scott

rawr

sounds like something someone with a little hammer would say :kekeke:

Nick84 and Grifter like this.
  35. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

When I worked with him I'd see his toes five minutes before the rest of him made it to his desk. Based on his size 37 feet, I'm guessing sledge hammer :rofl:

HairyAss, Grifter and Scott like this.