1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. KMD

KMD

Usually and I may have to look it up but with private members bills the party leader does not whip the party members to "Toe the party line" and all vote for the bill they can vote as they choose. Bill C-233 is a Private Members Bill.
    Erin hasn't driven the Right apart that was Max being a sore loser and wanting to do as much damage as he could to the Right and split the vote so Justin would win. I don't how he can bring it together the right is a mess and trying to make them all happy is impossible.
    Speaking of splitting let's talk about Justin and the Liberals have been the most divisive government I have ever seen both politically and geographically. This country is a wreck right now. The liberals have driven people political further apart Left and Right I am not saying this is all people but there are a lot from both spectrum that have been pushed further along each spectrum.
    Then there is the East and West division, there is still a strong "Wexit" movement in Alberta, Northern BC and Saskatchewan and prob up to the ON border, this divide hasn't been this wide since his father was in power and he gave the the country the finger(Trudeau Salute) in Salmon Arm from the train in 1982. :canada::(

That took way too long to type :happysad:

Grifter likes this.
  2. Grifter

Bluh?

Like father like son. The divide is definitely very existent.

salmonarmsalute-jpg_edited-1.jpg

3. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I would give more credit to American politics and specifically, Donald Trump, having more of a divisive influence on politics in North America in general, then anything JT has done. The damage that moron has done on a world scale in divisiveness is incredibly crazy.

4. KMD

KMD

That's the salute from Salmon Arm in 1982, I remember it when it happened there was a lot of interesting chatter at my grandfathers house :lol:

Grifter likes this.
  5. KMD

KMD

You are in the US though so you are not really following things here that closely.
    I can see your point, he was on our news every damn night and may have had some influence but JT and the Lib's have definitely driven a wedge in there as well and smashed it with a BFH good and hard.

6. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I watch/read just as much Canadian news as American. Probably more Canadian than most Canadians.

KMD likes this.
  7. Grifter

Bluh?

Yeah but you do LIVE there so it would likely be a bit more *in hour face* or direct effect than it would have on us. I feel the Trudeau effect every day, and no longer love my country as I did a few years ago. I truly and passionately despise what Canada has become and how the government choses to treat the province I live in. This country continues to bleed dry and share it's blood among other provinces that will always enjoy swilling back and getting fatter on; all while tying it's hands tighter behind its back and tightening the choke hold.

This country is no longer the Canada I tattooed into my flesh and served.

But it's okay, because they are all vaccinated, but they don't want their citizens to do the same, that would be against the law. In the UK you have to stay 2 meters apart at a wedding. That's the law. What would happen if you posted photos like this online? What would happen if you hugged and put your arms around someone in public?

Oh, and there's this....

Screenshot_20210614-202508.png

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    KMD likes this.
  8. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Where do you think folks like Pierre Poilievere learned their divisive right wing tactics from? It’s as much the Conservative politicians in Canada taking a page from Trump’s playbook in making you feel the way you do now as much as anything Trudeau doing anything.

Do those photos of Trudeau at the G7 really at your core make you feel like Canada is worse than it was before you saw them or was the idea planted there by social media campaigns by Conservative politicians?

Grifter likes this.
  9. 17

teenage dirtbag

It’s not a coincidence that everything is becoming more divisive, the trump presidency set the precedent and it worked for them because he got even more votes the second time around. I don’t feel this tactic would work here, many young voters are coming out more than ever and a lot of them have no interest in the negative attack ads or the vitriol that comes with it. I’m tired of hearing about what Trudeau is doing wrong and the conservatives saying nothing but general buzzword jargon of how they would fix it.
    Tell me specifically what you can and will do to improve Canada and stop talking about trudeaus hair.

Scott and Grifter like this.
  10. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

US politics is a cesspool and you can see it trickling over the border with some people who get caught up in it. Aside from us having our own Florida now, our country is awesome, we have a bright future and I consider myself extremely lucky to live in the best country in the world. Those who just sit around bitching and moaning about what amounts to nothing are just noise that I ignore. If you wanna complain, offer some suggestions at least.

11. Grifter

Bluh?

The photos at the G7 I view twofold. I don't really have a huge personal issue with it... I get it on one front. They are outdoors... They are vaccinated... They are tested... Blah blah. Id be lying if I said I haven't been around people without a mask. (My sister's family)

But the whole double standard they are pulling, and how there are the "planned vs unplanned" photos I brought up earlier. It does grind my gears. It's a principal thing if that makes sense?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    KMD likes this.
  12. Grifter

Bluh?

This to me reinforces the issue with the conservative party today. We don't have anyone that can take the lead and steer the ship.

KMD likes this.
  13. Grifter

Bluh?

Bright future? You're in a much better situation than most (what little I know about you). Our country is in for a long, bumpy road *fiscally*. Suggestions? Stop strangling the province that pays every other province billions a year. Become more self sufficient. Build more pipelines to allow the countries resources to reach more markets. Increase funding into other resources like farming that need it. Increase funding for other energy industries. The big oil companies have united and pledged billions into becoming net Zero by 2030, let them do their thing, while exploring other options. Why can't Canada become a world leader in some other form of green energy? Quebec wants to ban gasoline vehicles? Let's figure out a way to make that happen. We are in an epically massive debt situation.

Let's figure out a way to come out of that in 5 years. Not 150. I want a better future for my kids. Not one where they are taxed into starvation, and have to pay $120 for a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood. Don't know what world you want to live in but that's no way to set my kids up... Suggestions? Become fiscally responsible. Stop giving away Canada's money before getting your own country out of debt. Giving away borrowed money is something I learned not to do as a 13 year old kid... We need to fix our own issues before worrying about others.

Get the rest of the country fully vaccinated before you give away 100m doses of vaccines that you bought on borrowed money.

14. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

You lose me with the pipelines and strangling Alberta comments. Your province is in the position it is in because of past governments (mostly conservative ones I might add since you love them so much) failures to manage a resource with a limited future. If you want to preach fiscal responsibility, do you think investing billions of dollars into an industry everyone is running away from is being fiscally responsible? Do we want our children paying for abandoned pipelines? Pretty sure they'll already be busy dealing with all the abandoned wells the oil companies left behind the first time they hosed us.

15. Grifter

Bluh?

I'm not saying oil is without faults. But painting it with one pass of the brush is like saying all gun owners are bad.

But again, that's fine. You hate Alberta. We get it. You hate oil. We get it. I'm asking for a fair shake, offering suggestions. Like you stipulated. I do as asked, and you ask me to bend over further and take the pain. This divide we are talking about? You're arguments and debate contribute to it.

This is Canada. I live in Alberta. Not Florida, as you so eloquently alluded to earlier. Thanks for the kick. Mind helping me up?

16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I don't hate Alberta.. I'm actually quite fond of it and look forward to visiting again. At some point though, Alberta has to take responsibility for where it sits right now. 'Yes, we screwed up, please help us' comes across a lot better than 'Not fair, you're screwing us! Screw you Canada!'

17. Grifter

Bluh?

You've owned dogs. While house training them, did you rub their nose in it?

18. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Are you comparing yourself to a dog? lol

Grifter likes this.
  19. Scott

rawr

dog also doesnt bite the owner because they shit on the floor :lol:

Boots and Grifter like this.
  20. 17

teenage dirtbag

I work for a company based in AB that has a portion of its revenue comes from renewable energy :kekeke:

Grifter and Scott like this.
  21. Grifter

Bluh?

No, haha I am just trying to make the point of 'do you expect everyone to grovel or react the way you desire to every situation before helping?' Neither of us can speak for our provinces. I'm just saying; I don't wait for someone to beg me or take responsibility for their actions before I offer to help, let alone kick them while they are down or bleed them dry. I respect your point of own your mistakes. I raise my kids that way. But I cant expect their friends or my sisters kids to do the same. I also didnt rub my dogs face in their shit. I took them outside immediately, and praised them when they did it right, even gave them treats.

I also dont want to confuse Alberta asking for help with my points. All Alberta is asking for is to get a better deal in confederation. Canada has been enjoying the equalization payments, and this country is not looking to stop enjoying the benefits of an industry it so strongly "hates". We are talking about this divide, but it also feels like being pushed out.

Kenney is bringing a bill to Ottawa. Cant wait to see how Trudeau wont listen, and offers him the Salmon Arm Trudeau Salute as Kenney gets back in his truck and heads home, after all, how can Trudeau buy vaccines to give to other countries and get another pair of fancy socks if he doesnt have Alberta padding his pockets? :lol:

22. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Canada was the only G7 country to not donate vaccines to poorer countries ... at some point you gotta give a little :o

23. Grifter

Bluh?

:lol: See? Not all of Alberta is bad! :lol:

Suncor is very much invested and continuing to invest and explore renewable energy. Also exploring hydrogen options. It's a natural byproduct of oilsands production.

24. Grifter

Bluh?

Canada is also leading the G7 with unemployment and debt. Not donating sounds like fiscal responsibility to me. Oh wait, nope, cant do that....

25. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Unemployment and debt... almost sounds like something you'd encounter if there was a economic crisis of some sort.. hmmmm

26. Grifter

Bluh?

Which could be alleviated and reduced if the leadership we are currently under would stop spending and spending and spending and then giving away money or what they've spent the money on. Unemployment? Maybe if they stopped strangling some of the largest employment providers in the country that also provide a huge portion of the countries income and could greatly help reduce its debt. :wtf:

27. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

The federal government is basically doing what the conservative governments did in Alberta and Newfoundland :rant:

28. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

In the same breath, Conservatives will complain about how Canada is not spending enough on our military to meet NATO agreements and how that means we're losing our footing on the world stage because of it.

The world is in a huge crisis still because of COVID - just getting your own country vaccinated will not solve the problem and all countries need to contribute where possible to put this all in the past.

29. KMD

KMD

I was going to take a break from here today....

I agree with you but who the hell is steering the big ship :canada: now?

Everyone is supporting Justin but saying the CPC has no leadership :wtf: Erin was the best that ran at the time (he won) I know a lot here supported Peter but he really shit the bed near the end of the race with a lot of stupid comments. The Right in Canada is a mess, always has been, we are our own worst enemy. The PPC is Max being a sore loser and even more so now after he lost his seat in the last election and he just got arrested a couple days ago at a anti mask rally in Manitoba. He is just trying to pull in all the far Right so again split the vote and let Justin win, instead of uniting the Right and letting the CPC win. :mad:
    CPC members just need to stand behind the leader that won the leadership race and quit bitching and moaning and if they lose the next election there will be another race then throw more support behind your horse and maybe they will win. Go out a volunteer during the leadership race, make calls to members to get them out to vote, and all that stuff.

And here is a prime example of the East VS West right here folks. IF you LOVE the Country DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
    How about a leader that wants to bring everyone together not split everyone apart?

Grifter likes this.
  30. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

You talking about Trudeau or Kenney?

31. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Conservative Bob: “Man, all these years of complaining about Trudeau’s hair and he’s still in power. What’s it going to take for the Libtards to see how bad things are getting?!”

Conservative Joe: “Yeah, fuck! He’s just like his dad!”

New CPC talking point: “Justin Trudeau is just like his dad and is dividing the country.”

It’s be more funny if it wasn’t true.

Grifter likes this.
  32. Grifter

Bluh?

I'm willing to stand by O'Toole but I need to see more from him. So far I still don't see anything I find makes him stand out or "prove" who he is.

Agree on that Florida bit being a prime example. I don't support a "Wexit" scenario but man sometimes it seems like it would be easier.

KMD likes this.
  33. KMD

KMD

I don't keep that close of an eye on Alberta other than to know that they are in a mess right now so I can't really comment on Kenny :shrug2: Your comment was a prime example of my earlier Trudeau East vs West wedge. It's a real thing as is the political one, you can blame Trump but it's not all the Orange Mans fault. It just rubs me the wrong way when people do that and you being OG from Lower Sackville of all places who are you to judge anyone :lol:

34. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Proud Nova Scotian right here :cool:

KMD likes this.
  35. KMD

KMD

As well right here.
    I hated selling my house and property there but life and time had moved on for me and I realized I would not ever be able to move back to that house and if I ever moved back I would just buy another. It was tough for me because it was my grandparents house and some of the farm property but I will always have the memories.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021