1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. KMD

KMD

Exactly the same with most peoples and your "Not worth the light of day" and I bet if I looked there are a lot more comments of yours right?

2. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

not following what you said there.

3. KMD

KMD

I apologize, I shouldn't have replied last night I was beat from being out in yard and running to Home Depot for parts to fix my front step and I was running on fumes when I replied, I will refrain from doing so in the future.

I have said it before I just want news I don't want some airheads opinion that have been feed to them or are their own I just want to hear the actual news story as it happens or happened that's it and let people decide for themselves how they feel about it.
    I bet you would see a lot less followers and more people that are able to make some decisions for themselves.

Everyone is going to like news that aligns with their views and articles that doesn't. As long as it just the facts I don't care either way.

4. Grifter

Bluh?

I'll start the festivities off today.

This one... Sure the impact is minimal on my end. What's it gonna cost me? A buck or two a month? Whatever. What grinds my gears is the principal. It's clearly a cash grab.

Uh huh. Yet another way Trudeau can line the pockets of his aristocratic friends. Rumour has it he's going to toss some to the WE charity in hopes they will plan and host his next birthday party. All he asked for is the Wiggles to show up and sing him happy birthday and hot potato....

Screenshot_20210602-081400.png

Nick84 likes this.
  5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I see no problem charging taxes for things like Netflix. You think Trudeau is pocketing those funds? :rofl:

6. Grifter

Bluh?

Not actually.

But I disagree with it wholeheartedly. Also I do believe the current government will find a way to make their elites and friends/cohorts happier with cash grabs similar to this. :shrug2:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  7. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

If you're selling a good/service in Canada it should be taxed. Not fair that an American company can do business here and skirt taxes while a Canadian company offering the same good/service has to collect them.

As for your hot take on the government elites.... I'll just let that one stand on it own lol

Grifter likes this.
  8. MRA

MRA

We get taxed on almost everything else so it makes sense they finally brought it to this.

I saw a lot of people posting that on facebook, and complaining about paying more for a service that was not very good.

I want to post "Why are you paying for a service you think isn't good"

Scott and Grifter like this.
  9. Grifter

Bluh?

I get it. And your point is valid. I'd likely not be complaining if it was a conservative that moved for it. :lol:. Just that the T word prime minister did....

10. 17

teenage dirtbag

did you give boing your login info?

Grifter likes this.
  11. Grifter

Bluh?

Come on man... I've been good lately. I had one little moment where I read 3 things back to back and only had 1 cup of coffee at that point. The wiggles bit was funny....

Sorry. I'll do better.

Scott and 17 like this.
  12. Grifter

Bluh?

Hey wise guy, wrong thread. Must be the excitement that you got when I said Trudeau was getting the wiggles to play at his birthday party.... :lol:

13. tribeachpunk

14. C. Mike Hunt

one of those days

15. KMD

KMD

Don't apologize, grow a pair :lol: nobody likes paying another tax, well I thought nobody did until I read this :wtf:

Grifter likes this.
  16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Just don't like seeing foreign companies be given an easy advantage over Canadian ones. Would be nice to still have some homegrown industry.

17. KMD

KMD

Of course they are taxing Netflix, Harper called this back in the 2015 election run up didn't he? :lol:
    I have to bring PM Steven into the mix whenever I can, such a great man.
    It would be awesome to have more Canadian industry but we are so dependent on low cost foreign import throw away consumer products.
    Maytag(I know not Canadian) in the 1970's was a powerhouse in the appliance industry and they were built to last. My parents had the same washer and dryer for close to 30 years with just minor repairs that you could do yourself. You can't get products like that today and that is the problem with the world and why landfills are full and so on and so on....
    How often are people replacing major appliances and that is the big things then look at the phones and small electronics and even vehicles?

18. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

It would be an easier pill to swallow if the local cable suppliers weren’t permitted to take advantage of us for all these years.

19. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Taxes and Netflix --> build quality of Maytag appliances. Awesome post.

20. KMD

KMD

[Que]Letterkenny[Que]ToBeFair[/Que]Letterkenny[/Que] This is the Election thread not the Tax Netflix Thread, So :finger4:

Did PM Harper Trigger you?
    I was replying to the comment above mine by Bootsie sorry Harry if you were having trouble following.
    So take a nice long hard suck on my Arse :goatse: my Small Colon needs a good cleaning after a weekend of camping.
    #Trump2024 How is Donald doing? :jump4joy:

21. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Donnie's upset because no one read his blog.

KMD likes this.
  22. KMD

KMD

He has a blog? :lol:

23. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

HAD. No one read it so he shut it down. Poor Donnie, sitting in the corner, sucking on his thumb.

KMD and Grifter like this.
  24. Grifter

Bluh?

I heard it was great... Greatest blog ever. Everyone was reading it, even Putin said it was great. Really did. Bill gates called the other day, said we had to shut it down. Taking up too much internet pipe space. Really was. Such a shame. But he's a great guy, really is. True friend. Who's that little guy? The one that stole the election? We had the votes! Still do! What's his name? Can't remember. He said he'd fix those leaky pipes and never did! Every promise under the old administration though, they were all kept... Really were. Would've finished that wall too if the checks hadn't bounced. Shame. Really is. Hey, has anyone seen the newest episode of Jersey Shore? I could've sworn I saw Milania on there. In fact I'm pretty sure it was her. Looking good, really is. That PaullyD though, he's trying to move in on her, I swear! Lets get McDonald's! And hit that coke button on the way out would you? I've got a wrist thing. Really do. Doctors say it could be the worst case of carpel tunnel they've ever seen. So if you could hit my coke button, I'd really, really appreciate it. Really would.

25. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

26. KMD

KMD

27. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

28. KMD

KMD

Of course she is but when her opinion is spot on for what is actually happening in Ottawa you have to wonder? You admit to not following politics closely and then defend the liberals. You are their perfect voter base :lol:
    Also the 14th GDP I mean who doesn't enjoy working 50 hours a week. I know you are a puter ingereer type like HA and get paid well so you don't give a damn about these stats but us normal types care about the economy and would like to see the country start working and get people out and industry going again SAFELY of course, but our government has no plan for this :eek7: :shrug2:
    Am I going to see a "dog pile" over this one? :lol2:

The lawn should be dry enough to mow now.

Nick84 and Grifter like this.
  29. Grifter

Bluh?

Tell me without telling me the pandemic is over and we can all go back to normal. I'll go first....

197294403_340775517411668_6248021504578988386_n.jpg

30. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

A group of fully vaccinated adults standing together according to the latest guidelines. I did the same thing this weekend.

The problem where you live is the “fully vaccinated” part.

31. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I’ll say it again so maybe it will sink in. I think everyone on here who voted for Trudeau would vote for someone new if the someone new didn’t look like more of a bumbling idiot than Trudeau. “The devil you know…”

The conclusion in the article is that it’s time to elect someone new. Sure… but who? Canada has a real lack of leadership candidates right now.

tribeachpunk and 17 like this.
  32. Grifter

Bluh?

Then why for all the planned photos are they social distanced, wearing masks and bumping elbows? But for the other photos they arent? :scratch:

I'm not going to disagree with your point, in fact I agree with you. But they are sending very mixed messages.

33. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I'm sure different photogs set them up differently for photos. It's not the leaders planning how they should be for photo ops. It's no different than your family going to get photos done and getting direction from the photographer where to stand, how to position, etc

34. KMD

KMD

You can say that as many times as you like and I hear you every time brother trust me I read your posts. Nothing needs to sink in I am well aware of what is happening in politics in Canada today, yesterday and hopefully tomorrow.
    Canada has serious lack of leadership but I will take someone who has actually had some experience in leadership over a trust fund baby that has never had a serious job in his entire life and has never had to worry about a job or even know the value of a dollar.
    And continuing to pick the devil you know is just plain insane when you consider what they have done on historical a level "Because of the pandemic" :lol: but I know I am talking to a brick wall here but I so enjoy sharing with you guys. :hugs:

We just can't keep picking new leaders I would love to see one of the Ladies in the CPC step up and get some traction
    MRG will never run due to her new husband being a US citizen
    Rona Ambrose Would be a great leader she was awesome when she was intern leader when Harper stepped down. Unfortunately she has stepped down from Fed politics and has no interest in returning or so she says.

There are a LOT of CPC members that want Pierre Poilievre to run for leader I like the guy and he is great showman in the HOC and does a great job digging up the info for Committee meetings and I think this is where he shines not as leader of the party.

Now I am not sure who else other than the already leader himself Erin O'tool.
    I wouldn't recommend any of the CPC MP's from here but I am only familiar enough with mine.
    Can anyone here recommend a CPC MP for leadership of the party (that hasn't already run)?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021 at 3:18 PM
  35. 17

teenage dirtbag

if o'toole lost his populist views and stopped widening the gap between the parties, he wouldnt be so bad. He has the right views on abortion and gay marriage, even immigration but he cant unify his party (bill c-233). i appreciate his progressiveness for being a PC leader, but i dont know how long that would stick around if he were PM. Unfortunately for him that same progressiveness is driving away the right wing voters which make up a sizeable slice of the conservative vote. I can see the PPC getting some of those (i said this last time but didnt expect them to be such a colossal failure).

Grifter and KMD like this.