1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Zero idea WTF happened to this thread. lol

Grifter likes this.
  2. KMD

KMD

I posted an article I found interesting and thought others might as well and you went all left wing hackles up random insults at me and I explained I didn't want to argue and you got sulky with the #weak. Then the memes started, just usual RC shit :hmpf:

Grifter likes this.
  3. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

4. KMD

KMD

#WeakBait

5. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

#IncreaseCBCFunding

Gerald likes this.
  6. Grifter

Bluh?

I tried to liven it up with Napoleon dynamite stuff and nobody bit.... So yeah.. it didn't really derail or liven up at all.. so I'll counter with #defundcbc and leave it at that....

KMD likes this.
  7. Scott

rawr

I'll counter it with #whatisgamora

Grifter likes this.
  8. KMD

KMD

Okay, me of all people will try to get this train back on track...

Since this is a POLITICAL thread and full of #Nerds, I am not sure why I am here, what's everyone's opinion on Bill C10
    https://parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/43-2/bill/C-10/first-reading

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c10-user-generated-content-1.6007192 #DefundCBC
    I had to get a Rebel story for my boy's HairyAssHairyAss and C. Mike HuntC. Mike Hunt and look...:eek7: :lol2: first result for C10 rebel news.
    https://www.rebelnews.com/never_for...ernet_censorship_too_ezra_levant_on_bill_c_10

Feel free to debate among yourselves, it's a shame I have to put a disclaimer but I guess this is the same reason why we have warning labels all over everything these day.

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Bill need to be scrapped and started fresh. Dunno why it's still a thing.

KMD likes this.
  10. tribeachpunk

Last I'd heard they seemed intent on ramming it through, NDP are on board, it'll pass.

11. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Have not really paid attention to this one, tbh. Hadn't made my newsfeed.

12. tribeachpunk

13. KMD

KMD

Like the one that Harper started?
    :hsugh:

14. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Don't get me started on Harper. Reminds me conservatives before they went full retarded :(

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  15. KMD

KMD

Oh I know I was just poking and I could say the same thing about our current government leadership and have many many times..
    But most people just think the shitty job they are doing is because of the pandemic but other G7 countries are not doing as bad as we are.
    Here is the G7 2020 rating unemployment.
    https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/Unemployment_rate/G7/
    Or that they are doing a great job because they are telling everyone that they are doing a great job.

16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

By all means, complain away but please offer up a better solution. Just sitting there bitching and moaning all the time doesn't really offer much. You sound like the current conservative platform :rofl:

17. KMD

KMD

You just keep your head in the sand and support the liberals then :eek5:
    Here is a solution, what is wrong with this platform?
    https://www.conservative.ca/plan/

Or are you like the rest of the hacks attacking Erin on Twitter for his wife bringing him a beer after his run on Friday?

Then he turned the tables on them with this one.

Grifter and Nick84 like this.
  18. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I actually feel bad for him at this point. He's struggling to bring some normalcy to a fringe party and they are giving him pushback every chance they can get.

19. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I just took a read through "the plan" from the Conservative website. It's a bunch of sound bites and no meat. "What are we going to about jobs?!" "Create more!"

A true plan has details. Where does the money come from to implement the ideas proposed? Do we have the money already? Do we need to cancel something else? If not, how are we going to raise the money? Is it ok to go into debt to achieve the goals in the short term as it will result in revenue growth in the future? I kept scrolling through looking for the details but didn't see anything.

As for O'Toole and his post-beer run. As a runner and a former drinker, drinking beer after a run is the worst thing you can do for your body. Every run causes micro tears in your muscles and alcohol inhibits the body's ability for those muscles to repair. Over time, it leads to injury. I'm sure those weren't the comments on Twitter but someone should tell him before he hurts himself!

20. 17

teenage dirtbag

His legacy will be an unfortunate footnote about the decline of the PC party

Most importantly, he spells his name the girls way and that annoys me

chainsaw, Scott, Boots and 1 other person like this.
  21. KMD

KMD

It'a kind of hard to know where money is coming from when the liberals didn't have a budget for 577 days and they have been spending hand over fist. The CPC at least have a PLAN unlike the liberals and Dog only knows the real numbers of how muck they have spent and how big the hole we really are in.
    The comments on Twitter were about Erin having the kept wife at home ready to serve him and be at his beck and call. The good woman keeping the house clean and come running out with his cold beer as soon as he gets back from his run. Just pathetic left wing bull shit that's why he posted the next tweet bringing the wine to his wife.

22. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

All I'm saying is that what the CPC has posted isn't a plan. It's aspirations and ideas but there's no meat to it. Pointing at the Liberals and saying, "BUT LOOK AT THEM" is not really an argument. If the CPC could do better, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I went back and read some of the Twitter comments. About what I expected. O'Toole should hire a better Comms person.

23. KMD

KMD

24. KMD

KMD

I was on my way out to dinner with the old lady and didn't have time to post earlier. I didn't read any of the posts except for the Even Solman one and that was enough.
    Then I saw this one as well, seem fitting can't forget Justin's grouping incident.

I agree there is not a lot there about the HOW but do political parties usually have a full platform outside of an election, I don't look at them outside of election time? I just sent my CPC MP a message to see if they had a full platform that wasn't as "vague" as their website I will let you know what he says. That's all I can do.
    And you are correct the CPC has had shitty comms since Scheer and I don't know why they don't just clean house there and start over.

25. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Once again, your defense of the CPC or, in this case specifically, O’Toole, is to point at the Liberals and say, “yeabutt look over there!”

It will be interesting to hear what your MP says. I agree with you that outside of election time it is rare to see any more detail but they out the label PLAN on something that is just sound bites, not me.

26. KMD

KMD

Well I see a story I like and think other might like or relates to what we are already talking about I share it I wasn't really putting that much thought into it wit the whole distraction thing but OK :shrug2:

I am betting my MP doesn't respond he is spinless :lol:

27. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

You realize that no normal Canadian is paying attention to this twitter nonsense right? Twitter is filled to the brim with noisy idiots looking for attention. This isn't even on 90% of most people's radar.

28. 17

teenage dirtbag

I didn’t even know this “scandal” existed until read about it last night

on here

29. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Me either. People need to get off social media and go back to real life.

briangtiguy likes this.
  30. KMD

KMD

The message I sent my MP
    CPC reply this morning, this guy is a fairly new member and was a popular choice to fill the spot but now people are not so sure it was the best decision.
    As I said earlier outside of the election no full platform.....
    Twitter is more entertainment than anything else, I can't tell if half the accounts are real or fake. I used to go on quite a bit but now it's not much at all unless the wife tells me to go look at something because she uses it for work. I do enjoy the occasional troll though
    Most Canadian's don't watch or pay attention to politics and look where we are, if they read a newspaper once or twice a week instead of watching big brother or survivor we might not be heading into Idiocracy.

31. KMD

KMD

Okay back on track here and off Twitter....
    I know there are some Federal employees here and I am not targeting anyone because I am sure you have been on the payroll long before 2015.
    I thought this was a well written article with lots of well place jabs and very accurate in my opinion, yours may and I am sure it will vary

https://financialpost.com/diane-fra...lvCh8zBXocfvK8rHVbrnyavEmXu4gQVr_P98BlVzFm1-w

Que Mike's Meme...

32. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

KMDKMD - You complain about the CBC being opinionated and not just reporting the news, then post this opinion piece?

It had some interesting data that definitely warrants a closer look - the rest is all opinion and not worth the light of day.

33. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

34. KMD

KMD

I complain about all MSM news outlets, not just the CBC, giving opinions on news stories. There is always fluff that you aren't going to agree with but I thought it was a good piece.

35. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Got it. It’s good news as long as it aligns with your viewpoint. Bad news if it doesn’t. Makes sense.