1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. C. Mike Hunt

CPC made shit up left right and center during the campaign. I suppose Poillievre's idea of fair coverage would be to ignore it?

2. tribeachpunk

I don't think the CBC is beholden to the sitting government. They dragged the Harper government during it's day... It isn't impartial, not sure if it ever was.

Grifter and KMD like this.
  3. KMD

KMD

Wait.... hold on... You go on about me and the "Rebel" (which I don't think I have ever posted) and Right leaning media when I posted a credible story from True North and then you come in here and post this #AltLeft rag in defense of a case that has already been won by the CPC and lost by your precious CBC and the Liberals :irony:
    That's rich Mikey :lol2:
    #DefundCBC

Grifter and Nick84 like this.
  4. Grifter

Bluh?

He conveniently forgets that.

5. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

I’m not forgetting anything. I don’t spend my day analyzing every different news article. It was an honest question based on comments I heard about the CBC and the reasons

Grifter likes this.
  6. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Imagine with all the shit going on in the world today, bias in the CBC is even on your radar :rofl:

7. Grifter

Bluh?

Not you, c mike hunt

8. Grifter

Bluh?

How come whenever something is actually proven to be true. Or the conservatives actually win what may even be the smallest of victories, you and a few others always act like it is trivial, or villainise it or worse yet, belittle the folks bringing the data forward. We bring it up simply because we find it interesting. I could give two fucks about your raspberry pi circuit board soldering shit or how you stand up at a desk. But you don't see me saying "imagine welding a circuit board with all that's going on in the world". That's just rude!

Are you really that petty, arrogant or rude to those around you in real life? Do you kick your friends when they are down?

Really the only issue I have with some folks on rc is when it comes to politics. Otherwise I have no qualms whatsoever. Differences of opinion are welcomed in my life, virtually and in person. That's what brings in fun debate. But simply because I have a different perspective, does not give me the right to tread all over someone, especially when they are down.

Bring on the fun jabs. The pokes if you will. But when someone such as hairyass brings something to the table and backs it up with data, or facts... I generally acknowledge his point or mutter something like "well yeah, he may be right on that one" and shut up for awhile. But when someone like Mike hunt or sometimes you Steve, proceed to belittle the perspective of those who are different then you, or kick them while they are down... How do folks expect to keep this place going? We all are on reality check because we enjoy it. It's fun to still come on here and have this place going for like 20 years now! I almost always enjoy the conversation even when I'm being dog-piled sometimes because I vote differently or because I think of things differently than you, or hairyass or even kmd or boing or whoever they are :lol: sometimes.

Why would we be chastised or belittled because we win a small victory in politics and say "hey, check it out guys!" One must simply dwell on covid and vaccines all the time? What about Palestine? If I shed my perspective on that would people call me an ignorant prick? Come on guys!

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    KMD likes this.
  9. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I love how GrifterGrifter always mentions dog piling when he really means "one person disagreed with my opinion politely".

Grifter likes this.
  10. Grifter

Bluh?

Let me tell you old timer.... There was a time.... :lol:

HairyAss likes this.
  11. KMD

KMD

Yeah because you wouldn't want news to be unbiased and be based on just the story and fact, Dog forbid you have to use your brain and form your own opinion.

12. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Remember that thought next time your posting your rebel/true north links

13. KMD

KMD

First off, for the third or maybe forth time, I don't like the rebel and I am pretty sure I haven't posted any of their articles. Now there some articles from OTHER right leaning outlets that are worth reading that are well sourced and well written. Hell even the CBC has the odd story that is good but for the money dumped into them they are not worth keeping in the form they are currently in.
    All I want is a news outlet that just gives me the news story and leaves their opinion and spin out of it. That's it

Grifter likes this.
  14. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I find it interesting how you label some of those news sources you post from as "right leaning" where I'd probably call them "far right". At the same time, I consider CBC to be "left leaning" where you use #AltLeft in the same breath.

Just an observation, I literally find it interesting. Fuck you, if that helps.

15. KMD

KMD

You must just like to see your words on the screen because as usual you are offering nothing to the conversation.
    Now let me give you some learning.
    "Right Leaning" doesn't imply how far right on the spectrum something might be. Personally if I consider something just moderated right I will generally use "Right of Center"
    You use the the term "far right" because you are ignorant and won't read any of the articles that are posted and just insult the poster and the outlet.
    Why always so hostile, why do you get so angry?
    If these posts make you so angry maybe you should stay out of the political post and let the adults talk :shrug2:

16. Grifter

Bluh?

Ive been labeled correctly on here by a couple of the guys. I'm what I consider center right. I'm through and through conservative, but I do agree with *some* viewpoints shared on this red sea, and I do think some of the liberal/conservative values can align.

With what you just said, as in why so hostile all the time. I agree with that, lately. Seems a few people on here are just primed and ready to go off at any opposing views! :lol:

17. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Apparently posting a mile observation makes me angry. I’m sorry sunflowers.

Grifter likes this.
  18. Grifter

Bluh?

I wasn't referring to you buttercup. Although you do sometimes seem tense. I can recommend a great masseuse and some eucalyptus tea?

KMD likes this.
  19. KMD

KMD

I would consider myself center right as well. I am not some anti mask, flat earth, Qwhatever, but I am a Canada loving army reserve veteran.
    I just don't like the liberal government and what they have done and I don't what to get into a debate because I have no idea how the CPC would have handled things and nobody does.
    Also HairyAssHairyAss Fuck you, if you please muffin :hugs:

Grifter likes this.
  20. KMD

KMD

Now I am not sure how far this on leans right but you can read the article and judge for yourself.
    Not sure who the Twitter guy is he was in the article, just thought I would post it to give a little preview.
    #DefundCBC

https://thepostmillennial.com/cbc-c...ell-for-teaching-deaf-kids-how-to-communicate
    In which CBC goes after that monster, Alexander Graham Bell, for trying to teach deaf people to communicate.
    https://t.co/SjMR7UODOI

The CBC article for HairyAssHairyAss
    https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6025659?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  21. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

KMDKMD - Just to be clear, I believe I've read 95%+ of the news articles posted here. Well, started to read them. I refuse to read articles that start off by posting incorrect/"alternative facts" to start.

re: The article you posted. What I see:

- CBC Radio did a piece on Alexander Graham Bell - by today's standards, his methods of working with deaf people would not be tolerated.
    - CBC Radio included diverse viewpoints, including Bell's own great-great-grandson, who is highly critical of the book the news article is based off of.

I see nothing wrong with either the CBC bit or the Post Millennial article. Why should this article, which is both interesting and educational, be a banner item to #DefundCBC?

22. KMD

KMD

HairyAssHairyAss just the CBC's existence, in it's current state, is reason for #DefundCBC hashtag.

23. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Great comeback.

24. KMD

KMD

What were you looking for, Jebus you are worse than a woman?
    Maybe a "Fuck you" if that helps?
    That was the only reason I posted the hashtag but hay great come back to you as well sunshine :goatse:

25. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I'm not sure what you want. I put some thought into my response to the article you posted - I read the article in full, thought about it, and posted a thoughtful reply. Your response was to come back with a #hashtag as your response. You either want to debate and talk politics or you just want to sling shit.

26. KMD

KMD

And that's a good start for you.
    I really didn't want to debate everything I post in here sometimes I am just posting an article I read that I thought others might want to read It's not always about the two of us on here there are other users as well. I have been having a bit of a rough couple day so far and I have been reading articles but don't really feel like debating so I just shared one I thought some might enjoy because sharing is caring right?
    As far as slinging shit goes you are the one that told me to "Fuck you, if that helps" so I just thought we were slinging shit now at everything like a couple of monkey's for no good reason are we not doing that?:wackit:

27. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

28. KMD

KMD

#AwwMuffin

29. Grifter

Bluh?

I'll just leave this here....

Nerd-Fights-They-Are-Brutal-Funny-Fight-Meme-Image.jpg

Scott likes this.
  30. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

Napoleon Dynamite : Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.

Kip : Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes... *all day*. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Napoleon Dynamite : Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.

Kip : Try and hit me, Napoleon.

Napoleon Dynamite : What?

Kip : I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me.

Here's the fun part: guess which one is Napoleon and which is Kip.

Grifter likes this.
  31. Grifter

Bluh?

This one seems more like KMD. He did say he's spent some time in the reserves... And the sai's on this cool cat definitely represent he's far more lenient on weapons... So then we factor gun control into the equation...

So... KMD for Kip I guess?

kip-dynamite-costume.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Wayne likes this.
  32. Grifter

Bluh?

I guess Napoleon can represent Hairyass in this brawl for the ages. I mean, they both like to take their bikes off of sweet jumps!

NapDynamite_bike.jpg

Wayne and Scott like this.
  33. KMD

KMD

Well Shit, I go back and read some old posts and there is shit for "name calling" lol and Hairyass comes along and tells people to fuck off at the drop of a hat?
    Maybe I didn't read back far enough but WTF?
    Maybe after I get back from my Dr appointment and finish some other things I have on my plate I will go back in time and see what was going on here.
    GrifterGrifter my mustache is much fuller than that, it makes Tom Selleck jealous

Grifter likes this.
  34. Grifter

Bluh?

But does it dance like Sam Elliott's?

35. KMD

KMD

No Sam Elliot's is in a class of it's own.
    That's a mustache that all men want and all women want to ride.