1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. C. Mike Hunt

2. KMD

KMD

A moonbat says what?
    So constructive and predictive :lol:
    I don't know why you would hate Rex so much, truth hit too close to the bone?

3. Grifter

Bluh?

Moonbat..... Sounds familiar.... :scratch:

KMD likes this.
  4. KMD

KMD

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  5. Grifter

Bluh?

Oh I wasn't asking about it. :lol:. Someone else used to use that term quite often.....

6. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

He's probably still shouting it on twitter lol

Grifter likes this.
  7. Grifter

Bluh?

Standing on a soapbox.

8. KMD

KMD

9. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Haven't read the entire thing but.... antifa is a made up term by the right about some kind of group they think exists that doesn't actually exist. It is a common tactic used by the right in these situations:

a) Get caught with their pants down associating with known racist/terrorist groups.
    b) Put out falsehoods about the Left and how they're "just as bad!!" even when there is no truth to it.

They even used the same tactic in the last US election when it came to voter fraud. The Republicans are the ones who have tried cheating in elections and all of their allegations of voter fraud were meant to sew FUD.

I abhor these tactics.

10. C. Mike Hunt

Don't waste your time. Legitimate news outlets don't post content like this. TNC is about as reliable as the Rebel.

Last edited: May 7, 2021 at 7:18 PM
  11. C. Mike Hunt

12. tribeachpunk

I don't buy that and neither did the FBI, and afaik no one is accusing the FBI of leaning right lately...

Revisiting the issue in a Senate hearing Thursday, Wray explained, "Antifa is a real thing. It is not a fiction."

He continued that the FBI has seen Antifa engage in "organized tactical activity" at the local and regional level. Its adherents have coalesced and worked together in "nodes" rather than a structured hierarchy across the country.

The type of organization does not diminish how serious the FBI considers the threat, Wray said. "We don't view how nationally organized something is as a proxy for how dangerous it is."sauce

I decided I'd waste 30 seconds and skim it..

upload_2021-5-7_21-46-2.png
    If they actually filed for access to this information like they say they did, it does strike me as odd that Public Safety has no records of any of this..
    That is assuming the CBC articles that TNC links to are themselves factual, and I don't doubt they are..
    Say what you want about TNC and The Rebel, and there's lots to be said, but in this instance I don't think reporting on this is any disservice..

KMD and Grifter like this.
  13. KMD

KMD

That's all I see when you start with those six words.
    Antifa is a terrorist group.
    BLM is also a terrorist group, I know you are going to call me a racist, but that's the liberal thing to do. I agree with the purpose of BLM and what they stand for but I don't agree with the way they are going about doing it. You would have to be a complete animal not to agree the BLM, I mean all lives matter right?
    But they incite riots, I mean peaceful protests... People are killed property destroyed and everybody just turns a blind eye. I know their purpose is meant to do good things but for the love of Dog am I the only one that sees that whenever they get involved there are riots, looting, arson and murder?

And now this one
    Typical #AltLeft if it doesn't fit your agenda then it's not a reliable source. I don't like the Rebel but TNC is not that bad.
    So a story is researched and info is received through access to info requests and written with sourced info from gov data. Article also has links for info, So it's not a reliable source?
    Cool story Mike :jackoff:
    And again unless you read the story...
    #DefundCBC

Nick84 likes this.
  14. KMD

KMD

Nick84 likes this.
  15. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Again, KMDKMD - the tactic you're using is to take something that the Right has a bad reputation for - say, something like the "Alt Right", which is a known group of Conservatives who tend to be racist white supremacists and create the idea that there is also an "Alt Left", of which there isn't really such a thing and if there were, what would it be? People against racism? Sign me up?

Here's a better article that describes antifa, IMO - I spent 30 seconds searching for it by typing "is antifa real" into Google: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-is-antifa/

Some relevant quotes:

"
    Antifa is not a highly organized movement, nor is it merely an idea. Antifa is a loose affiliation of local activists scattered across the United States and a few other countries.

The term "antifa" is short for anti-fascist; it's used both by its adherents and its foes.

In general, people who identify as antifa are known not for what they support, but what they oppose: Fascism, nationalism, far-right ideologies, white supremacy, authoritarianism, racism, homophobia and xenophobia. Some antifa activists also denounce capitalism and the government overall. "

In "Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook," author Mark Bray, an organizer for the Occupy Wall Street movement, lays out antifa's methods this way:

"Despite the media portrayal of a deranged, bloodthirsty antifa… the vast majority of anti-fascist tactics involve no physical violence whatsoever. Anti-fascists conduct research on the far right online, in person, and sometimes through infiltrations; they dox them, push central milieux to disown them, pressure bosses to fire them…

Antifa has no official national leadership, though followers have organized themselves into small, local cells that sometimes coordinate with other movements, such as Black Lives Matter. Some self-described antifa adherents have organized to confront Patriot Prayer, the Proud Boys, and other far-right groups during public demonstrations. Some of those rallies have devolved into violence.

There's a lot in there - worth a read and CBS is a bit more of a real news source than the junk you've been posting.

Also, re: some of the violence that happens when it comes to BLM:

a) It is often blown out of proportion by the right-wing media. Yes, violence happens - the clashes between protestors and police is unfortunate. The police have not helped matters. I know in Seattle, though, everything that was being reported was nowhere near the truth of what was actually going on.

b) You really should do some more reading about why the BLM protests are important and why they devolve to violence. You're writing as if you're an expert on it all and then write things like "All lives matter" which shows you haven't spent any time trying to understand what is really happening and what is at stake.

Whatever. I've got a bike ride to plan for tomorrow (probably so I can bike to the secret antifa HQ to get my next assignment).

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  16. Grifter

Bluh?

You put a lot of effort into that... Just saying.

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  17. C. Mike Hunt

When will I ever learn.

upload_2021-5-8_7-36-37.png

18. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Is that the best you have?

19. Grifter

Bluh?

I didn't want to fight. :lol:

HairyAss likes this.
  20. KMD

KMD

That whole blurb describes WHAT and WHO #Antifa are. So you ARE part of the problem.
    Well the all lives matter comment was a little bait thrown for you HairyAssHairyAss I know how much it pisses off liberals. However, I feel bad for what happened in the past but I am not going to feel guilty about something that happened hundreds of years ago and I am not going to feel bad today about someones poor life decisions I have to much to worry about in my personal life.
    Slavery happened in all colours around the world and still does.
    Pussy :hsugh:
    He's not that scary. The site needs some activity and he's the only one that will argue, I mean discuss things with me, everyone else just ignores me for some reason maybe they are scared of me :shrug2:

So typical
    Mike are you of all people calling me a Troll I see you as King of the Trolls whenever there is a center of right post you come in here and dig into your meme spank bank and post one and don't comment just leave no debate.
    I have you pegged as government employee either at CBC or with a Liberal office, am I close?
    Hail King Troll Mike

21. Grifter

Bluh?

I just didn't want to waste the energy yesterday. :lol:. Discussing politics on RC is more akin to playing star wars chess with Chewbacca. Let the wookie win.

Their time will come!

22. 17

teenage dirtbag

same.

I’m done screaming into the wind. The election will come and go, O’Toole will most certainly lose, life will continue.

I’m directing my energy elsewhere this time around lol

23. KMD

KMD

Fair enough, I love discussing politics and here is the only semi civilized place that I can do it sometimes. Every other place online is...well dark, it's not that I don't go there at times but I can't go there all the time or I would be like C. Mike HuntC. Mike Hunt but only AltRight :lol:

24. Grifter

Bluh?

I love discussing politics as well, and from time to time on here I get some good conversation. But I also am sick and tired of the same old same old. Every now and then I'll throw a jab or swing for a KO but can only take so many dog piles. Found it less stressful to just shut up about it and keep my head down.

That being said, if something but comes up in the news I likely will engage in a discussion. And get dogpiled again. And question why I try on here. It's like swimming in a red sea. :lol:

25. Grifter

Bluh?

Sadly, I agree.

26. KMD

KMD

A little history:
    Well one of my chronic illness that I have has given me the lovely side effect of nerve damage(among others) which causes 24/7 unmanageable pain.
    I came back here when I was cleaning out my old email accounts and found one from RC and thought I would see if it was till alive and if RC was still as funny, well it was still alive. I did some reading and saw there was lot's of political left and not so many right and there is the East coast connection with home even though I don't think I have ever met anyone on here.
    So when I am sitting here on RC I am using this site to take my mind off the pain for a little while and discuss politics it's kind of a win win for me :shrug2:

I know I will never change most peoples political views on here but if I open some eyes as to how corrupt and crooked the Trudeau liberals are then I will be happy :woohoo: I am just trying to do what's best for Dog and Country :canada: :D

Nick84 and Grifter like this.